Hi everyone.
    Let me preface this by saying that I am heartbroken:
    My beloved Galaxy Note 3 has been taken down by the evil KitKat and I am at my wits ends.
    Apple is not an option.
    I remember back when the dinosaurs roamed the Earth having enjoyed a couple of Blackberry devices, and I want to go back.
    I'm looking at the Q10.
    I would love a physical keyboard so this seems the obvious choice.
    Is there anything I should know about it before I take the plunge?
    I imagine Blackberry has changed a lot since the original Curve, lol.
    I have an Android tablet which I am happy with so apps are not an issue, I just want a safe smartphone that will not paralyze my emails, i need to send pics for work, I need messaging to be reliable. Good battery life is a must.

Thoughts? I'm desperate here, I need all the help and input I can get.
    05-31-14 12:09 AM
    Nothing! Go get it!

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    Q10Bold and Evilguppy like this.
    05-31-14 12:17 AM
    It's not a media device. But totally fits your requirements. U r going to love the experience.
    05-31-14 12:32 AM
    There is the double typing issue being discussed on this board. Although, mine never had this problem.
    05-31-14 12:42 AM
    Go and get it.
    05-31-14 05:11 AM
    There is the double typing issue being discussed on this board. Although, mine never had this problem.
    The new production line got a different keyboard(Ive got 2x Q10s, one since the launch and one since December/January, and the keyboards are different) so I think there is no double typing issue anymore in the new devices. The old ones are all sold so no problem at all.
    05-31-14 05:14 AM
    Nothing wrong with Kitkats, although I am rather partial to Mars bars myself. ; )

Careful! Z10 in action!
    anon8091350 likes this.
    05-31-14 05:21 AM
    I'd have a look at the Z30 if I were you OP, I don't think you'll be disappointed

Posted via CB10 from my Z30
    05-31-14 06:17 AM
    Nothing wrong with Kitkats, although I am rather partial to Mars bars myself. ; )

Careful! Z10 in action!
    I heartily disagree: Twix is where it's at!

Verizon is offering a free Q10 with a 2 year contract. I can't afford to pay for a new device so I think I'll do that.
    Dirtymike14 likes this.
    05-31-14 08:27 AM
    I dunno I like Snickers.

Welcome to CB, and get a BlackBerry!
    MiSsY_ and beercraftr like this.
    05-31-14 08:35 AM
    I dunno I like Snickers.

Welcome to CB, and get a BlackBerry!
    Make that 2.

I love snickers. Better than Mars.

Posted via my Aristo Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.3175
    05-31-14 08:40 AM
    The BB10 keyboard is great, especially on the Z30. Why not give that a shot? It has a lot of screen real estate so it won't be a huge shock coming from your Note. And it runs Android apps.

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 via Tapatalk
    05-31-14 08:41 AM
    I switched from a Q10 to a Z30, and I can say either are excellent choices. With that said, if you have an Android Tablet, are looking for the BlackBerry physical keyboard and don't mind compromising screen size, go for the Q10.

My gf used to have the Galaxy S3, but in the end preferred typing on a physical keyboard so now she's quite happy with my older Q10. Needless to say, she does prefer to watch videos on my Z30.

I think that if you want an efficient email and communication device, with less importance on media, plus the classic BB look, then the Q10 is for you.

Love my Q10 but now it's Z30 time!!!
    05-31-14 08:57 AM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon and I did it: on Tuesday I will be receiving a brand new Q10 with a 32 GB so card, and a travel bundle that includes a screen protector, a silicone sleeve and a car charger.
    Now I know that Blackberry has changed since the last time I had one so I need to read all I can about it because I have a feeling the learning curve is going to drive me nuts, lol.
    05-31-14 09:06 AM
    I just got off the phone with Verizon and I did it: on Tuesday I will be receiving a brand new Q10 with a 32 GB so card, and a travel bundle that includes a screen protector, a silicone sleeve and a car charger.
    Now I know that Blackberry has changed since the last time I had one so I need to read all I can about it because I have a feeling the learning curve is going to drive me nuts, lol.
    Welcome and congratulations on switching to a BlackBerry 10 device. Just like any other smartphone you ll have to learn how to navigate the OS. When setting up your Q10 there are some basic tutorials on how to peak, get into the Hub from anywhere and etc. It's hard in the beginning getting use to the gestures but once you do you ll be flowing through the OS and will love it!!!

Enjoy!

? Posted via CB10 on my ? Z30
    Evilguppy likes this.
    05-31-14 10:37 PM
    Three Musketeers and BlackBerry Q10 are my favorites! You won't go wrong with the Q10. Battery life runs around 18 hours.
    ggastaris and Evilguppy like this.
    05-31-14 10:45 PM
    Three Musketeers and BlackBerry Q10 are my favorites! You won't go wrong with the Q10. Battery life runs around 18 hours.
    Agreed!
    05-31-14 10:50 PM
    Awesome! Welcome aboard.

Bbm me if you any questions - I'm on a Q10 as well. Pin:3341EECB

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    Evilguppy likes this.
    05-31-14 10:52 PM
    Get the z30, it's close to the note 3 size and it has the best battery life, signal (paratekk) and speakers ( better than htc beats) and the keyboard and hub is beyond par, go for it.
    The q10 is amazing, good battery life but it's not easy to adjust after getting a note device

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 10:54 PM
    Get the z30, it's close to the note 3 size and it has the best battery life, signal (paratekk) and speakers ( better than htc beats) and the keyboard and hub is beyond par, go for it.
    The q10 is amazing, good battery life but it's not easy to adjust after getting a note device

Posted via CB10
    I really want a physical keyboard. That's one of the things I missed the most after I switched to iPhones and androids. I had a super old Blackberry that was huge a had no camera, a Blackberry Pearl but I didn't like it, then a couple of Curves which I loved under T-Mobile but when I switched to Verizon (back then) their Blackberries were neutered so I stopped getting them.
    I'm still on Verizon but I hear they let Blackberries work the way they were meant to be, now, so I'm giving it a shot.
    Apple has turned into a dictator, Android is spastic, so I'm going back to Blackberry and the physical keyboard.
    05-31-14 11:22 PM
    I really want a physical keyboard. That's one of the things I missed the most after I switched to iPhones and androids. I had a super old Blackberry that was huge a had no camera, a Blackberry Pearl but I didn't like it, then a couple of Curves which I loved under T-Mobile but when I switched to Verizon (back then) their Blackberries were neutered so I stopped getting them.
    I'm still on Verizon but I hear they let Blackberries work the way they were meant to be, now, so I'm giving it a shot.
    Apple has turned into a dictator, Android is spastic, so I'm going back to Blackberry and the physical keyboard.
    I know but you've never tried the best touch keyboard

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    06-01-14 12:16 AM
    Q10 is where it's at! I had a Z30 and it's great but if you're keeping an Android tablet you don't need the Z30. Go with your gut - a physical keyboard is irreplaceable. :-)

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    JG_Agustin and Evilguppy like this.
    06-01-14 12:19 AM
    Q10. Rocks dude. Take the plunge and go in naked.
    Evilguppy likes this.
    06-01-14 08:27 AM
    I know but you've never tried the best touch keyboard
    It seems you love your Z10 -- I get that -- but wouldn't you prefer the Q10 with its protracted battery life?
    06-01-14 09:51 AM
    It seems you love your Z10 -- I get that -- but wouldn't you prefer the Q10 with its protracted battery life?
    Z30 has great battery life too.
    06-01-14 10:31 AM
50 12