Having signal issues with my Sprint Q10. I am able to get 4G when available and 1X, never 3G. Now I got a replacement from Sprint but still have same issue so I don't think it was the phone. The common denominator between both phones was that when they give me the MSL code so we can go into settings, it came back as incorrect. This happened with the old Q10 and my currect replacement.

Any ideas on what is going on?
    1. Phone defaults to 1X when 4G not available, no 3G
    2. Incorrect MSL codes on two different phones.

Sprint support have no answers for me. Im at the point of either going back to my 9930 or switching carriers.
    05-30-14 09:16 AM
    Is it possible that specific geographic area is going through tower upgrades or maintenance? I had a somewhat similar issue while driving in West Virginia once.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 06:32 PM
    That is the same reason I left Sprint 3 week ago. I live about 100 yards from a Sprint tower and could not get enough signal to power bbm voice with 4 g lte, unfortunately I had to downgrade my phone to cheap one from T-Mobile so they can buy my contract from Sprint. I will buy a Z30 asap. I forgot to say that at work everyone on Sprint have a lot of signal problems discharging the phones rapidly. Hate to say it but T-Mobile signal is way way better than Sprint in the city I live in south Texas . I miss my Q10, it took me forever to type this reply in this awful android phone.. don't waste your time & money with Sprint. Your phone is fine is the signal from Sprint

Posted via CrackBerry App
    06-04-14 07:33 PM
    Open Setup, and open self service. Click the 3 dots, 1st update your PRL, than update your profile, When finished reboot , and see if that helps. New Sprint PRL for the Q10 is 55019
    cohusker likes this.
    06-05-14 07:20 AM
    having the same exact problem with mine, also on my 2nd replacement phone.
    06-08-14 03:38 PM
    Open Setup, and open self service. Click the 3 dots, 1st update your PRL, than update your profile, When finished reboot , and see if that helps. New Sprint PRL for the Q10 is 55019
    No change.
    06-08-14 07:01 PM
    having the same exact problem with mine, also on my 2nd replacement phone.
    I'd love to hear from you if you ever find a solution. I will surely do the same. Maybe its a tower issue? Where are you located? I'm in Newark, NJ.
    06-08-14 07:02 PM
    I personally have been with Sprint for almost 5 years and never observed this issue before of 4G not reverting to 3G. There was only one time when they were upgrading towers in West Virginia where they only had 1x and no data service.

My current Q10 device is able to switch seamlessly between 4G and 3G in North Carolina and pretty much anywhere I drive.

I recommend opening a service ticket (*2...Option 4...Other) with them and specifically report that you believe a tower issue exists which is causing this failure to switch from 4G to 3G. Ask around yourself also for other Sprint users in the area to also gain information if they too are experiencing this issue.

There is the slight possibility if you are in an area of roaming coverage, that the agreements with Verizon or other regional carrier may not be in full effect resulting in this lack of coverage.

I have generally found the technical team to be quite responsive. I even requested for and received small refunds for service issues last year. Doing this likely incentivized them to resolve the issue faster.

Posted via CB10
    06-09-14 01:31 AM
    I'm outside of Chicago, but I took a 400 mile trip a couple weeks ago and never once saw the 3G icon. It all started when I got a replacement phone for a bad keyboard and the new phone only had 1x service. I called sprint and they were able to get my sim card activated properly and I had LTE but still no 3G, SIM has nothing to do with 3G on sprint so I wasn't surprised that it didn't fix my 3G issue. It seems the problem is only affecting phones with 10.2.1 pre installed by sprint. I even tried loading an older radio file but that didn't help either. I believe the issue to be with the current PRL.
    06-09-14 01:38 PM
    also when tech support tried giving me my msl to do a reset it would not work either.
    06-09-14 01:39 PM
    Sprint is still upgrading their towers everywhere. Even completed Network Vision towers get extra radio's added: 800mhz voice/lte and 2500mhz LTE.
    06-10-14 10:09 AM
    Ps they are probably giving you the one time msl, which is different from permanent msl.
    06-10-14 10:10 AM
    Fixed!
    switched service to my 9930, all is well.
    Ive been happy with sprints 4g, I can pick it up 80% of the time but I'd rather have just 3G 100% of the time. If you decide to wait it our hakimaki please let me know when 3g starts working for you. Im sure if you get to talk to the right person at sprint tech support they will be able to help but I have had no such luck.
    06-11-14 06:33 AM
    Ok I will surely let you know. I unfortunately gave my 9930 away to a family member otherwise I would've done the same swap. I also have an iphone and android I can fall back on but I would rather stick with my 1X speed Q10 lol.
    06-11-14 09:20 AM
    Went thru that with 3 of my wife's q10's so we left Sprint. Just got her att phone today and working flawlessly. Thanx Sprint and bye bye.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 08:25 PM
    Sprint says that 3G is going away where they're putting 4G in! If you can't connect to 4G, it's down to 1X for you!

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    06-19-14 11:35 PM
    That's absolute nonsense. When the towers get upgraded they first get enhanced 3G Transmitters and a bit later LTE. If there is an LTE signal that will get priority. I cannot turn it off on my Q10, but otherwise set your device to cdma only.

The phone's radio should automatically pick the strongest signal but that does not always happen.
    06-20-14 10:26 PM
    I'm on my second replacement based on radio. If I leave my house with wifi turned on, I toggle between 1X voice only and 3G voice only. If i turn wifi off before I leave my house, sometimes, I get 1X voice/data and then 4G voice/data. It's very annoying.
    08-07-14 07:48 PM
    Every time you place a call on Sprint it goes to 1X. The thing that pizzes me off is when you are using an app like CB10, banking, ect. it says a wifi connection is needed or can't connect to server. I look at my network and it says I have 4G. I asked Sprint about it and they said they couldn't guarantee data on other networks.
    Last edited by dphjeff; 08-09-14 at 07:56 PM.
    08-09-14 07:43 PM
    I am having this issue as well. No 3G from all of California except at a single tower.
    2 Different devices.
    I tried rebooting, reloading, replacing, update prl, clearing network settings, everything.

I am sad.
    dphjeff likes this.
    08-13-14 06:43 PM
    Also, I would like to point out that the phone CAN receive 3G from certain towers (I had it from one for a few minutes and was able to browse) but will generally avoid it.

When only given the option to connect to an EVDO waves, it will not connect to anything at all. (Engineering screen altering)
    08-13-14 08:43 PM
    Did you try rolling back to an older os?
    08-14-14 04:46 PM
    Did you try rolling back to an older os?
    Sorry to say I don't think it has anything to do with the OS. Sprint just upgraded there network in my area and now I am getting 3 and 4 G on my Q10. Before the upgrade it was 1X and 2G. Still having problems with roaming and not getting data on my phone. I would blame it on the chity network. I was told years ago, you can eat an elephant in one setting. But one gets tired of chewing after awhile. Sprint needs to get there chit together!
    08-14-14 09:47 PM
    Seems they are not done where your located. They cannot upgrade the towers without it interfering with the signal. It seems once they are done speeds etc are good. They are currently upgrading Denver and I am slowly getting more and more 4G signal$

There were actually quite a few people that started to have issues after the 10.2.1 upgrade. Hence my question.
    dphjeff likes this.
    08-15-14 01:30 AM
    Seems they are not done where your located. They cannot upgrade the towers without it interfering with the signal. It seems once they are done speeds etc are good. They are currently upgrading Denver and I am slowly getting more and more 4G signal$

There were actually quite a few people that started to have issues after the 10.2.1 upgrade. Hence my question.
    Oh no? it can't be the OS? Sprint took 6 months to test it to make sure that the bugs were worked out before they released it to us.
    08-15-14 07:38 AM
122 123 ...