Can any one here tell me whats wrong. I have a idea sim and I have recharged my sim with a Bb399 plan but my internet does not seem to work. My apn setting are Apn:- Blackberry.net and the rest is blank. I called the customer care support guys and they said that z10 dosent support BlackBerry 399 plan. Any idea guys?. I am confused
    05-29-14 03:27 AM
    This is not how you get internet on a BB10 OS. For a Z10, get a normal GPRS recharge or 3G recharge you use with other phones for internet access. It does not require a BB specific plan.
    05-29-14 03:39 AM
    But I need a BlackBerry specific plan as it has unlimited 3g. Any one knows how to solve this
    05-29-14 03:41 AM
    But I need a BlackBerry specific plan as it has unlimited 3g. Any one knows how to solve this

You'd need to use a legacy BBOS device for a BIS plan.
    05-29-14 03:44 AM
    No other option? . Does any one overe here use a 399 plan with the z10
    05-29-14 03:58 AM
    No other option? . Does any one overe here use a 399 plan with the z10
    It's not possible. You can only use regular data plans with the Z10.

Channel for BlackBerry users in India
    05-29-14 04:21 AM
    Are you sure?? BIS is not at all 3G.....but regarding unlimited , ya its a 2G unlimited in india with no access to streaming audio and video... so in order to access that you were to opt for another 2G/3G ordinary data plan, whatever may be your carrier. You are lucky bro that you have upgraded to Z10, which does not require any BIS plan, just as #LoyalIND suggested ... and to add to your query, i dont think that any carrier in INDIa offers any 3G unlimited plan as of today... correct me if i'm wrong.... BTW, what is your carrier???
    05-29-14 04:35 AM
    Since this is a "India" specific thread...
    I'm going to be moving to India within a week for further studies and it's my first time there, I need advice regarding the Internet plans available if different carriers.
    Which is the best one available, mobile internet and the home Wifi as well?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 04:43 AM
    Since this is a "India" specific thread...
    I'm going to be moving to India within a week for further studies and it's my first time there, I need advice regarding the Internet plans available if different carriers.
    Which is the best one available, mobile internet and the home Wifi as well?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Which city ur planing to come?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 05:36 AM
    You can get unlimited 3g plans in postpaid (still it has fair usage limit); and after fair usage of 2GB it will downgrade to 2G plan but in pre-paid I dont think any of the operators have launched such plan!

Are you sure?? BIS is not at all 3G.....but regarding unlimited , ya its a 2G unlimited in india with no access to streaming audio and video... so in order to access that you were to opt for another 2G/3G ordinary data plan, whatever may be your carrier. You are lucky bro that you have upgraded to Z10, which does not require any BIS plan, just as #LoyalIND suggested ... and to add to your query, i dont think that any carrier in INDIa offers any 3G unlimited plan as of today... correct me if i'm wrong.... BTW, what is your carrier???
    Last edited by singhvikas101; 05-29-14 at 05:52 AM. Reason: Typo
    05-29-14 05:51 AM
    See, I have a z10 and the thing I discovered (a long time ago, now it's mainstream) is that u don't need a BIS plan, aka bb399 plan.
    U need a simple 3G / GPRS / 2G plan as per your convenience.
    Choose any plan u want and play for that.
    It will automatically get configured on your phone, just turn on mobile data and don't mess with the settings.

Zeeeeeeeeeeeeee ^_^
    05-29-14 05:57 AM
    So to answer your question, u will get 3G and u can use bbm and everything with any 3G plan.period.

Zeeeeeeeeeeeeee ^_^
    05-29-14 05:59 AM
    If you want some kind of an unlimited plan i think Airtel has it but it is expensive
    05-29-14 07:18 AM
    Which city ur planing to come?

Posted via CB10
    I'm planning on moving to Pune

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:07 AM
    You can get unlimited 3g plans in postpaid (still it has fair usage limit); and after fair usage of 2GB it will downgrade to 2G plan but in pre-paid I dont think any of the operators have launched such plan!
    Damn, 2 GB, that's it? :/
    I get 5 GB per day here on 4G speed, I need something close to it, I know 4G isn't totally available as of now, but atleast 3G some better plan?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:09 AM
    If you want some kind of an unlimited plan i think Airtel has it but it is expensive
    How expensive and there must be a fair usage right?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:10 AM
    Bro BlackBerry plans only for BlackBerry os 7 and before os...so use only normal plan

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 08:12 AM
    Damn, 2 GB, that's it? :/
    I get 5 GB per day here on 4G speed, I need something close to it, I know 4G isn't totally available as of now, but atleast 3G some better plan?

Posted via CB10
    As of now thats the best match, on the best network (Vodafone)....
    Airtel has issues with 3g bandwidth in pune.. I suppose they are fighting a legal battle under the spectrum scam!
    So I would suggest to stay away from airtel (atleast for pune).

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 03:08 PM
    As of now thats the best match, on the best network (Vodafone)....
    Airtel has issues with 3g bandwidth in pune.. I suppose they are fighting a legal battle under the spectrum scam!
    So I would suggest to stay away from airtel (atleast for pune).

Posted via CB10
    Oh thanks a lot bro, by seeing the ads I was so going in for Airtel :|
    So Vodafone it is...
    Btw, you have any idea for home Internet, I mean like landline (MTNL or something?)

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 04:03 PM
    Bro BlackBerry plans only for BlackBerry os 7 and before os...so use only normal plan

Posted via CB10
    BSNL and Airtel have plans for bb10 devices!!
    http://www.bbin.in/2013/03/bsnl-airt...lackberry-z10/

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 07:56 PM
    So Vodafone it is...
    Btw, you have any idea for home Internet, I mean like landline (MTNL or something?)

Posted via CB10
    Tata is good as internet for home. But I would suggest to check in ur society with others and then decide..

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    rashidJkhan69 likes this.
    05-31-14 08:45 AM
    Tata is good as internet for home. But I would suggest to check in ur society with others and then decide..

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    06-02-14 06:26 AM
    Lol who said BIS is not 3G in India? its having unlimited 3G internet for Rs 399 per month . And no we are not lucky to not to be able to use BIS on a BB10 smartphone because they are offering unlimited 3G for 399 which is not offered by any other carriers! the closest is a BSNL normal plan of 5gb for 561 Rs .

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    06-02-14 06:37 AM
    @jevinzac, first of all sorry for replying late, cos i was a little held up... who is your carrier in india. can you show us some documentation that suggests that BIS is 3G unlimited? I am from Kolkata and i my carrier is Vodafone and i have got documentation which i can share that there is no 3 G unlimited connection without any cap. Ya, its true that there are unlimited 3g connection for a max of 2gb after which unlimited at throttle speed for rs 399. I will be happy to get some documentation from you regarding unlimited 3g Bis plan, so that i can pressurise my carrier to offer me the same plan.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 04:10 PM
    So Vodafone it is...

Posted via CB10
    Don't worry now. Airtel has been allocated the 3G bandwidth in Pune and also Airtel has launched the 4G services.

BlackBerry Z10 Rocks
    06-14-14 08:29 PM
45 12