I been trying to download games off the snap app. Once I get them and try to play them, they crash. Is this happening to anyone else? So frustrating.

Posted using my ? Z10
    05-28-14 02:30 AM
    Games generally don't work. They need to download extra files and the BlackBerry runtime can't handle that portion of it correctly. Some games will work no problem, some games require more messing around with them such as moving .obb files around to the proper spot and some just flat out won't work. It's just the way it is. Realistically, I don't think the Android runtime was ever meant for games it was more so meant for apps.
    05-28-14 04:15 AM
    Games generally don't work. They need to download extra files and the BlackBerry runtime can't handle that portion of it correctly. Some games will work no problem, some games require more messing around with them such as moving .obb files around to the proper spot and some just flat out won't work. It's just the way it is. Realistically, I don't think the Android runtime was ever meant for games it was more so meant for apps.
    And that's why the average Joe won't bother and will buy an Android or iPhone instead.
    05-28-14 04:18 AM
    Not only snap, it's the same with Amazon and 1 mobile market too.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 05:46 AM
    People have been saying that the runtime in the upcoming version of BB10 is improved. Is this issue something that they have fixed in 10.3 (downloading the extra files so that games work)?
    05-28-14 06:12 AM
    Yeah, the apps work fine. The games worked fine also for a while. But now they won't. Thanks for the info.

Posted using my ? Z10
    05-28-14 09:22 PM
    People have been saying that the runtime in the upcoming version of BB10 is improved. Is this issue something that they have fixed in 10.3 (downloading the extra files so that games work)?
    Be careful asking questions about 10.3 unless you have downloaded yourself. Some people have issue with you raising concerns unless you have tasted the wine yourself.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 09:25 PM
    Be careful asking questions about 10.3 unless you have downloaded yourself. Some people have issue with you raising concerns unless you have tasted the wine yourself.

Posted via CB10
    I think that's a valid question. Especially considering he doesn't appear to be running 10.3

I think the answer is that it is hard to say what the final stage of the runtime will be upon official release but I think you raise a valid point about the android games and for the runtime to be a feature it would need to support external file download (obb) etc..

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 09:32 PM
    I think that's a valid question. Especially considering he doesn't appear to be running 10.3

Posted via CB10
    I agree, others dont.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 09:34 PM
    Agreed especially with the pin glitch

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Chalk2 like this.
    05-28-14 09:35 PM
    I been trying to download games off the snap app. Once I get them and try to play them, they crash. Is this happening to anyone else? So frustrating.

Posted using my ? Z10
    Log into the Play store directly, select the game you want and complete the purchase - whether it's free or paid. Wait about 5 mins, then start Snap. You'll see the game available for download. The download should contain the app file and necessary data. Sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.
    05-28-14 09:51 PM