I'm using a Q5 002 in 10.3 and the keyboard is driving me crazy. The q,w,a,alt,space key will randomly stop working, especially after unlocking. Then I have to wait for it to fix itself, usually costs 5 mins. I've tried wipe or reinstall 10.3 rom but to no avail... so anyone can tell me if this the problem with rom or my hardware??? tks

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Q5
    05-27-14 12:24 PM
    Why don't you go back to official OS and see if you have the same issue. Early beta OS can and does have bugs and more than usual.
    vutranloc likes this.
    05-27-14 12:31 PM
    I've noticed the SYM key not responding a few times in recent days. I am using only official BlackBerry OS 10 releases.
    Umaima_B_Dia and vutranloc like this.
    05-27-14 04:51 PM
    I've noticed the SYM key not responding a few times in recent days. I am using only official BlackBerry OS 10 releases.
    Yes! I have an issue with the sym key as well and it has been so since the start. I thought it was just me so didn't point it out.

I am on 10.3, however have not faced an issue with the other keys - it would drive me crazy as well.
    vutranloc likes this.
    05-28-14 03:15 AM
    I'm using a Q5 002 in 10.3 and the keyboard is driving me crazy. The q,w,a,alt,space key will randomly stop working, especially after unlocking. Then I have to wait for it to fix itself, usually costs 5 mins. I've tried wipe or reinstall 10.3 rom but to no avail... so anyone can tell me if this the problem with rom or my hardware??? tks

Posted via CB10 on Blackberry Q5
    You can't blame the early leaked alpha OS for your woes sorry. No sympathy from me.

Sent from pin:2AD743B7 via Tapatalk Pro
    vutranloc and DYLANHABKIRK like this.
    05-28-14 03:20 AM
    Actually now I'm in 10.2.1 and things are much worse... anyone know how the keyboard connect with mainboard? A loose cable maybe?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 07:08 AM
    Sounds like replacement time.
    vutranloc likes this.
    05-28-14 07:09 AM
    Actually now I'm in 10.2.1 and things are much worse... anyone know how the keyboard connect with mainboard? A loose cable maybe?

Posted via CB10
    I have double typing issue with q10 and took it to repair shop n it cost me 5 usd to replace the buble under the keyboard and now everything works fine

Posted via CB10
    vutranloc likes this.
    05-28-14 07:12 AM
    I have all the tools require to break this phone apart... so... It's ADVENTURE TIME!!!

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, eldricho and Umaima_B_Dia like this.
    05-28-14 07:20 AM
    I have double typing issue with q10 and took it to repair shop n it cost me 5 usd to replace the buble under the keyboard and now everything works fine

Posted via CB10
    In my case, the buttons are still bouncy but when I type they dont work. But If I press and hold it for a few seconds then there will be high chance it will work again... must be a loose cable or something

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 07:23 AM
    In my case, the buttons are still bouncy but when I type they dont work. But If I press and hold it for a few seconds then there will be high chance it will work again... must be a loose cable or something

Posted via CB10
    I thought the same thing before cuz I had no malfunction keyboard. No wierd sound but bubbles were the culprit so it's better replace those and it's pretty cheap

Posted via CB10
    vutranloc likes this.
    05-28-14 07:25 AM
    Tks wonder if wrap bubble works...

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-28-14 07:34 AM
    Yes! I have an issue with the sym key as well and it has been so since the start. I thought it was just me so didn't point it out.

I am on 10.3, however have not faced an issue with the other keys - it would drive me crazy as well.
    For my BlackBerry Q5 the SYM key began acting up over the weekend. At first I thought some dirt from my hands had foudn its way under the key so I used pressurized air to clean the keyboard. Nope the SYM malfunction persisted until eventually out of nowhere it worked again although slow to respond to keypress. It seems better now. < knocking on wood >
    vutranloc likes this.
    05-28-14 05:58 PM
    Why BlackBerry always has errors...

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 10:38 PM
    Can't expect glitch free leaks, go to the regular OS and wait for official updates. Your devices usefulness is more important than running leaks.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 03:44 PM
    Can't expect glitch free leaks, go to the regular OS and wait for official updates. Your devices usefulness is more important than running leaks.

Posted via CB10
    He switched back to the current OS and said it got worse.

It sounds like the Q5 has its own keyboard issues much like the Q10. This doesn't bode well for the Classic or Passport... I hope BlackBerry addresses these physical keyboard issues real soon!

emPowered by ?
    07-13-14 05:54 PM
    He switched back to the current OS and said it got worse.

It sounds like the Q5 has its own keyboard issues much like the Q10. This doesn't bode well for the Classic or Passport... I hope BlackBerry addresses these physical keyboard issues real soon!

emPowered by ?
    Not as persistent.

Q10's double typing issue is way more serious. I know it should be completely fault free but the sym key issue popped up once in a blue moon. Although, seems to have fixed with 10.3.0.700

Q5SQR100-2/10.3.0.700
    07-13-14 06:25 PM
    This is the first I've ever heard of a Q5 having keyboard issues. I've had my Q5 for a quite a while, it takes a ton of abuse and it's working as well the first day I got it. Actually better

Posted via CB10
    07-13-14 11:52 PM
    This is the first I've ever heard of a Q5 having keyboard issues. I've had my Q5 for a quite a while, it takes a ton of abuse and it's working as well the first day I got it. Actually better

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you, Q5 keyboard is the best one i ever used!

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-14-14 07:23 AM
    Nope. Costly option.

Sounds like over 1500 others having the same issue with the Q10 that BlackBerry seriously needs to recognize the issue and come up with a warranty replacement program and honor their customers hard earned $$!

I hate to say it but this is why the competition blew past BlackBerry - hardware keyboards are VERY tough to find the right membrane with memory consistency, longevity, and feedback travel. This is the only thing that has me worried with the Passport!!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    07-14-14 07:28 AM
    No problems here 2 years in --- 300 emails a day--- but, just like in cars, there will be a lemon. GM and Toyota can make 1000 great cars but if GM has 2 with issues and Toyota 1 then GM gets all the bad press... never mind the absolute numbers.

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 11:12 PM
    Tks for all the replies I brought it to my favorite shop. They took it apart, wired the 2 connectors in the mainboard, then it worked for about a week. I tried cleaning the wired spot by alcohol, then secured by black tape. So far so good, rarely the problem reappear. So it must be my device which has a faulty mainboard. But I got it with an unbelievably cheap price so no big deal

Posted via CB10
    awindsr likes this.
    07-19-14 07:59 PM