If i were to upgrade from OS 10.2.1 to a leaked 10.3, will all of my passwords in Password Keeper be saved? I'm not sure how the passwords are saved, Backups maybe. I have read not to restore backup when it is a higher # OS, like 10.2 to 10.3, so if this is the case what do you do?

Thanks
    05-27-14 11:30 AM
    If i were to upgrade from OS 10.2.1 to a leaked 10.3, will all of my passwords in Password Keeper be saved? I'm not sure how the passwords are saved, Backups maybe. I have read not to restore backup when it is a higher # OS, like 10.2 to 10.3, so if this is the case what do you do?

Thanks
    If your doing a ota update your passwords will be saved.
    Otherwise you can save them with BlackBerry Link or in the password keeper app swipe from the top and select export passwords. And save them somewhere

Password Keeper and OS Updates-img_20140527_183816.png

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 11:41 AM
    The most recent versions of Password Keeper have a manual back up option. Settings > Export Passwords.
    But it is also backed up as part of the System Settings through Link. So if you do a restore Password keeper will be restored as well. But if not, or something goes wrong, you can also do it manually to be safe.
    Just remember to move that backup to some safe location (if you are wiping the device).
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    05-27-14 11:43 AM
    To retain your Password Keeper data you need to either backup your Password Keeper DB from within Password Keeper (it now has this option) to your media card (not internal storage which is wiped) or perform a Link backup of at least your BlackBerry settings. After applying a 10.3 install then reinstall Password Keeper and restore from you media card backup or setting via Link restore.

Posted via CB10
    Gearheadaddy likes this.
    05-27-14 11:43 AM
    That's great. I didn't know about the manual backup.

Thanks from your help.
    05-27-14 01:50 PM
    That's great. I didn't know about the manual backup.

Thanks from your help.
    Backup and restore work like a charm. Good luck!
    05-27-14 02:31 PM
    Better yet, move to a cross platform password system. I used to use Password Keeper, but now it's KeePass for me.
    05-27-14 04:12 PM
    [slightly off-topic]
    With the recent pace of major sites/cloud services being hacked, I do not know why one would prefer storing passwords somewhere else. The main reason I like PK is because it is an offline service.
    Better yet, move to a cross platform password system. I used to use Password Keeper, but now it's KeePass for me.
    BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Ecm likes this.
    05-27-14 04:24 PM
    [slightly off-topic]
    With the recent pace of major sites/cloud services being hacked, I do not know why one would prefer storing passwords somewhere else. The main reason I like PK is because it is an offline service.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    Mainly because I want to be able to use my passwords on any device/computer I use. If my phone is damaged, stolen I still have access, can change my very complex pw, If really concerned that AES-256 encryption, the de facto standard, and SHA-256 to create a key from your passphrase, isn't secure enough then contain it in a TrueCrypt file. I will never go back to PWK.
    05-28-14 12:25 AM
    Oh, and I just saw PK has a "clear clipboard" setting. That is very useful, I was using another app for that so far.

BlackBerry 10 signed.
    05-28-14 05:14 AM