read some conflicting post that some said it will be 3g and other said only EDGE. can someone confirm once and for all what speed will the javalin get?
    11-11-08 08:23 PM
    It will be ONLY EDGE don't even think about 3G. IT'S NOT HAPPENING. It also has Wi-Fi but that's not the point right now. There's an overwhelming majority of the Crackberry Nation that will say that it's just EDGE. So just kick the 3G thought out of your head and keep it out until further notice.
    11-11-08 08:26 PM
    The JavElin will not have 3G. EDGE it is.
    Future versions of the same formfactor with different codenames will probably get 3G. The Niagara, which is the CDMA kissing cousin of the Javelin will have EVDO which is considered 3G.
    11-11-08 08:30 PM
    this sucks its weird it has a better camera then the bold but they kill the 3g for what reason? i like this device if it wasnt for the lack of 3g i would definitely go for the javelin but im **** happy with my bold either way it beats the iphone in my opinion
    11-11-08 08:36 PM
    yeah..if the javalin were to come out on at&t first and bold has 3g and javalin doesn't? doesn't make any freaking sense. this maybe a deal breaker for alot of ppl including me. EDGE was so last year.
    11-11-08 08:38 PM
    I disagree. The Javelin isn't supposed to have 3G because it would interfere with AT&T's flagship Blackberry. What? A smaller form factor WITH 3G or A fatter one WITH the SAME 3G? It doesn't make any sense. EDGE is still this year since not all Smartphones have 3G. Take the Blackberry Curve or the Pearl. They're still alive and kickin with no 3G.
    Last edited by egginator; 11-11-08 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Taking out Offensive Comment.
    11-11-08 08:53 PM
    read some conflicting post that some said it will be 3g and other said only EDGE. can someone confirm once and for all what speed will the javalin get?
    Please show me some posts here that say the 8900 has 3G
    11-11-08 09:08 PM
    you people make it sound like 3G is the greatest thing since cable TV. Edge is fine enough for everyday usage. The "everyday phone user" does not need 3G especially on a business device. How much web browsing and streaming do you really do on a phone? And don't give me "voice quality is better" lol it's a a big time joke
    11-11-08 09:14 PM
    Damn, that was well said...well said. How does 3G enhance voice on a phone anyways?
    11-11-08 09:21 PM
    you people make it sound like 3G is the greatest thing since cable TV. Edge is fine enough for everyday usage. The "everyday phone user" does not need 3G especially on a business device. How much web browsing and streaming do you really do on a phone? And don't give me "voice quality is better" lol it's a a big time joke
    Damn, that was well said...well said. How does 3G enhance voice on a phone anyways?

� Simultaneous voice & data (biggest plus over CDMA 3g)
    � Faster connection to apps
    � Faster connection when browsing... if you are on the go, you want things to load faster.
    � Pictures on data load a lot faster (I mean a lot!) faster on 3g
    � Video streaming (better on 3g)
    � Radio streaming (way better on 3g)
    � Great for tethering and still being able to receive calls surfing the web at high speeds.
    11-11-08 09:34 PM
    The Javelin is definitely not coming with 3g to T-mobile. It's not coming to AT&T either, but like a user stated, a variant may just come out.

Also to the person that said it doesn't make sense why a non-3g device is coming out after the bold, it is. Keep in mind these devices are said (by RIM) to be in the making for 3g years (give or take some time) and who doesn't want the curve with a faster processor and better camera? The curve form factor is too small for 3g, wifi, and gps all in one. It's probably in the works, but it will take time to get the curve and everything on it. This was the reason the Pearl & Curve never had gps and wifi, while the 8820 had both wifi and gps.
    11-11-08 09:38 PM
    � Faster connection when browsing... if you are on the go, you want things to load faster.
    � Great for tethering and still being able to receive calls surfing the web at high speeds.
    I must not have enough time in a day to care about any of that stuff. I've had a e71 and a n95-4 and never thought 3G was that big a deal. The only thing I did enjoy was streaming but I was usually in a wifi spot anyways. Well personal preference of course.
    11-11-08 10:16 PM
    watching youtube on my curve 8310 could sometimes be describe at best with choppy pix and pixelation. also happen when i listen to streaming radio...sometimes skipping. with 3g...this should reduce these problem. this is a big ups for me. i haven't tether my bb yet...but i would assume it will also improve.
    11-11-08 10:25 PM
    I had mentioned a few of these point a while back, the 1st point being my biggest draw to 3G. Great post
    The tethering is also a geek point for me, though I don't know how often I'd use it.
    11-12-08 12:29 AM
    For me 3G is very important. The first and last points in that list.

I tether my curve almost daily to may laptop(s) and doing web-work is very cumbersome on edge.

In fact, I am posting this from a dell mini 9 netbook tethered to my curve!

i'm on tmobile in Orange County, and we have 3g but no BB phones with tmo have 3g.
    11-12-08 12:50 AM
    I guess 3G is only a consideration if you have 3G in your area... I do not, so 3G doesn't mean anything to me!

EDIT: After posting this I was just assuming I didn't have 3G in my area... but it looks like I do!!!

Still not sure how much I would actually use it...

If I want to view youtube, the internet, I'll do that from my COMPUTER thats 10x faster and on a screen 1000 times bigger!!! lol

I'll keep my PHONE for calling!
    Last edited by jaydow11; 11-12-08 at 11:42 AM.
    11-12-08 11:34 AM
    The Javelin is definitely not coming with 3g to T-mobile. It's not coming to AT&T either, but like a user stated, a variant may just come out.

Also to the person that said it doesn't make sense why a non-3g device is coming out after the bold, it is. Keep in mind these devices are said (by RIM) to be in the making for 3g years (give or take some time) and who doesn't want the curve with a faster processor and better camera? The curve form factor is too small for 3g, wifi, and gps all in one. It's probably in the works, but it will take time to get the curve and everything on it. This was the reason the Pearl & Curve never had gps and wifi, while the 8820 had both wifi and gps.
    Jayden the 8900 is coming to AT&T.
    11-12-08 12:03 PM
    Jayden the 8900 is coming to AT&T.
    CX, i think you need to just put that in your sig

the 8900 is boxed up, sitting on some shelves and all ready to go
    11-12-08 12:45 PM
    I think Jayden was saying that no 3G jav was coming to att.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 02:10 PM
    I think that a Javelin on AT&T with 3G and no WiFi would be a hot seller. Since it would not have WiFi, it would be cheaper than the Bold and not compete as much with the Bold.
    11-12-08 02:48 PM
    I think that a Javelin on AT&T with 3G and no WiFi would be a hot seller. Since it would not have WiFi, it would be cheaper than the Bold and not compete as much with the Bold.
    no wifi? every smartphone should have wifi, IMO that's a Top 3 spec
    11-12-08 03:29 PM
    wifi is balony...the only wifi that u will be using is at home. tell me...how many unsecure wifi have u detected and use in nyc street? this isnt the early 2000 where ppl dont know how to setup wifi and not secure them. and wifi eats up battery juice.

why use wifi when u have 3g speed?
    11-12-08 06:24 PM
    wifi is balony...the only wifi that u will be using is at home. tell me...how many unsecure wifi have u detected and use in nyc street? this isnt the early 2000 where ppl dont know how to setup wifi and not secure them. and wifi eats up battery juice.

why use wifi when u have 3g speed?
    I been catching optimum wifi spots all over the city. I just log into my optimum account and I'm off and surfing if need be.

But I do hear you, not everywhere u go are u gonna get connections
    11-12-08 07:06 PM
    really...optimum has wifi spots all over nyc? and if u have cable with them...they let u hook to their wifi for free?

do u know anything about verizon? i have verizon dsl....does verizon have wifi spot all over the city and let me connect to them for free since i have dsl with them?
    11-12-08 07:24 PM
    really...optimum has wifi spots all over nyc? and if u have cable with them...they let u hook to their wifi for free?

do u know anything about verizon? i have verizon dsl....does verizon have wifi spot all over the city and let me connect to them for free since i have dsl with them?
    I don't have verizon, sorry I don't know. But yes, optimum online has wifi hot spots that you can access for free all over the tri-state area. you just log into your account and your up and running
    11-12-08 07:44 PM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD