Been a BlackBerry diehard fan/user since the early days.. recently I got soo disappointed and saddened at what BlackBerry has become... like really, they were having a major announcement and major tech news outlets pushing some amazing new BlackBerry update and when it dropped it was.... bbm stickers.

Like, really..? Stickers?

Damn BlackBerry didn't know you'd stoop that low you guys have nothing to offer your fans and userbase but pointless, stupid, stickers that were a fad in the MSN days like 10 years ago..

So disappointed at how corney BlackBerry is

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 08:40 PM
    Um....have you tried or read anything about 10.3???
    howards, spikesolie and JamBueree like this.
    05-25-14 08:44 PM
    BlackBerry is losing its BIS revenue. They have to find new sources somewhere, and they've said for the past couple of years that BBM would be one of the prime places to look.

If it helps generate revenue to bring the company back to profitability, what's it to you?
    05-25-14 08:46 PM
    Is this for real?
    howards and JamBueree like this.
    05-25-14 08:56 PM
    I'm disappointed by this post.

Posted via CB10
    Justam, howards, Pdinos3 and 8 others like this.
    05-25-14 08:59 PM
    Wow. Just wow.

Posted via CB10
    JamBueree and moody like this.
    05-25-14 09:07 PM
    This would be great time to announce you'll be stepping down as BlackBerry's armchair CEO. Effective immediately.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 07:28 PM
    Well I've been thinking and I say BlackBerry should start putting their software focus on productivity apps. I still see the same, untouched beta version of BlackBerry Express in BB World. I want to see that app complete, useful and worth the $4.99USD they can charge for it.

It does annoy me that BB software has not come up with more amazing things. Take into consideration this:

https://www.apple.com/ca/creativity-apps/ios/

You see? Some of those apps cost $9.99. So I do somewhat agree with OP in that BB needs to address their need for business and even media applications. BlackBerry Express made me so happy when it came out but was put out to pasture and, I can only assume, forgotten. What the heck is BB Sweden up to? Where as an app like MockIt had, what was it, four different beta rounds before it was released? Yeah I was happy that it turned out to be a somewhat useful app with the picture frames and sticker packs, but it was not a big thing. It was small potatoes as they say. They need to revamp Express. They need to revamp Docs To Go. It's good, but not great. Not yet. So close. sure they can work all they want on the OS, but we all know it isn't the OS that is keeping people away from this platform. Its the applications. I'm sure some of you can at least agree with that.
    Last edited by Elite1; 05-28-14 at 11:54 PM.
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    05-26-14 08:40 PM
    BB10 software is inherently amazing. Apple with its gazillion apps can't do remote file access. Does android even have a file manager?
    syah iejam and Bonnie Bonzai like this.
    05-26-14 09:36 PM
    BB10 software is inherently amazing. Apple with its gazillion apps can't do remote file access. Does android even have a file manager?
    Android has an incredible number of file managers available in the app store, including a root file manager capable of browsing restricted OS folders by way of root permissions and file managers able to do remote file access through WiFi, BT and FTP.

Posted via CB10
    p_r_a_g_m_a likes this.
    05-26-14 11:31 PM
    Well I've been thinking and I say BlackBerry should start putting their software focus on productivity apps. I still see the same, untouched beta version of BlackBerry Express in BB World. I want to see that app complete, useful and worth the $4.99USD they can charge for it.

It does annoy me that BB software has not come up with more amazing things. Take into consideration this:

You see? Some of those apps cost $9.99. So I do somewhat agree with OP in that BB needs to address their need for business and even media applications. BlackBerry Express made me so happy when it came out but was put out to pasture and, I can only assume, forgotten. What the heck is BB Sweden up to? Where as an app like MockIt had, what was it, four different beta rounds before it was released? Yeah I was happy that it turned out to be a somewhat useful app with the picture frames and sticker packs, but it was not a big thing. It was small potatoes as they say. They need to revamp Express. They need to revamp Docs To Go. It's good, but not great. Not yet. So close. sure they can work all they want on the OS, but we all know it isn't the OS that is keeping people away from this platform. Its the applications. I'm sure some of you can at least agree with that.
    That's actually a great idea!

the more revenue streams the better off we'll all be. Stickers, well-written apps, etc.

Posted via my beautiful Q10
    Last edited by Elite1; 05-28-14 at 11:56 PM.
    eddy_berry, acovey and Thunderbuck like this.
    05-27-14 12:19 AM
    Android has an incredible number of file managers available in the app store, including a root file manager capable of browsing restricted OS folders by way of root permissions and file managers able to do remote file access through WiFi, BT and FTP.

Posted via CB10
    Aha! But not a stock file manager yh? That's the best thing about BlackBerry, it gives you all the best features right off the bat. E.g: the keyboard

From Zarafet my Z30.
    05-27-14 01:02 AM

Very true.

From Zarafet my Z30.
    Last edited by Elite1; 05-28-14 at 11:56 PM.
    eddy_berry likes this.
    05-27-14 01:03 AM
    Aha! But not a stock file manager yh? That's the best thing about BlackBerry, it gives you all the best features right off the bat. E.g: the keyboard

From Zarafet my Z30.
    Wrong. It depends solely on the ROM creator or phone manufacturer. Android is open source, and all the bells and whistles are added by whoever is releasing the ROM.

Just because the big name manufacturers don't include a file manager doesn't mean there isn't one included for Android. Xiaomi, the creators of the MIUI ROM and the Mi line of phone have always included a file manager in their ROMs and their Android phones.

Saying Android doesn't is an incorrect statement, as some Android phones do. If you want to say that the Samsung Galaxy line of phones don't, then you would be correct. But Android is open source, and as such it depends on the person/company compiling and releasing a ROM as to whether to include a file manger or not.

Posted via CB10
    p_r_a_g_m_a and RH1Pearl like this.
    05-27-14 01:16 AM
    Listen to all of you who are making fun of my chin, I was born this way so knock it off... ii had no control over it but I have come to cherish my physical features..

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 09:01 PM
    If you don't like them don't buy them or use them? I personally like them and have shelled out a few bucks here and there for sticker packs. Hopefully it turns into a decent revenue source for them.
    05-27-14 09:12 PM
    Let's leave the ballchinian jokes alone, k folks? Thanks.
    eddy_berry and Laura Knotek like this.
    05-28-14 09:23 PM
    BlackBerry is sad

Posted via CB10
    06-14-14 10:03 PM
    You are disappointed recently in BB? Lmao, recently? This is a 4 year trend!
    06-14-14 10:43 PM
    I loved bis

Posted via CB10
    06-25-14 09:19 PM