My Z10 drowned like a month ago so I took it to the Internet to find a new one. I fund a used one online for 150$. Met up with the seller and popped my sim and everything g worked..... for about two hours. after that my service was blocked due to the device being reported as missing/stolen. Now I can't get ahold of the seller and ATT won't unblock it without the original owner calling and unblocking it.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 05:51 PM
    Did the seller give you the box and everything?

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    05-25-14 05:59 PM
    Sounds like you got scammed. Contact your local police. They might be able to help you. Perhaps with a police report AT&T will be more helpful, in assisting you in tracking down the culprit. You may need to take legal action. HOWEVER this all may end up costing you more than it is worth. You might just have to take the 150 loss. Next time use a more reliable source like ebay with paypal and it's buyer protection, or the CB market place.

EDIT: it does have limited resale value as a bad ESN device which can be used for parts, you might get 50 bucks for it on ebay in that condition. As long as you clearly mark it as a bad ESN device you can re sell it.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-25-14 06:01 PM
    Did the seller give you the box and everything?

Signature - Google wants your info. What are you gonna do about it?
    No box, just the phone and the charge.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 06:05 PM
    Yeah, that's exactly what I thought. Resell it as a bad ESN that way I don't loose the whole thing.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 06:06 PM
    My Z10 drowned like a month ago so I took it to the Internet to find a new one. I fund a used one online for 150$. Met up with the seller and popped my sim and everything g worked..... for about two hours. after that my service was blocked due to the device being reported as missing/stolen. Now I can't get ahold of the seller and ATT won't unblock it without the original owner calling and unblocking it.

Posted via CB10
    Wow that sucks. Sorry to hear that. Now you got me thinking about not buying any more used phones.
    Iblamesummers likes this.
    05-28-14 10:16 PM
    No box, just the phone and the charge.

Posted via CB10
    That was probably the first mistake, unfortunately. Sounds sketchy right there, so I would have walked. X2 on the police, though you could get in trouble for being in possession of stolen property. Check local laws before all that.
    05-30-14 09:29 AM
    I'd give it to the police As evidence... that way they can charge the guy who sold it to you. You might not be able to get your money back but when they catch the guy and there's evidence, well, that's payback.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 03:02 AM
    U can use it with T mobile or straight talk ,ect( straight talk dose take a little configuration) so it's not useless it's just useless too you. Sell it as a bad esn but good with other services

This bad *** white Z30
    06-01-14 07:42 AM
    It's the first time it's happened to me. I've always buy and sell like that. After 4 or 5 years of selling and trading it was bound to happen. Lol

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:00 AM
    My local law won't do anything. They however did a report but told me to stay with the phone. If the owner ever shows up they said that they would back me up. However it's a comment thing here to sell phones and then report them stolen just to get the insurance on them.... something I wasn't aware of.... so it might not be stole, but the owner lying to get the insurance...

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:03 AM
    U can use it with T mobile or straight talk ,ect( straight talk dose take a little configuration) so it's not useless it's just useless too you. Sell it as a bad esn but good with other services

This bad *** white Z30
    Nope, your wrong there unfortunately. All the us carriers in the US now share the banned/stolen list of ESN's. If you pop any US carriers sim card it will be blocked in less than half an hour. I however have a cousin that works for AT&T and said that she can unban it for me. Bad news is that she is on maternity leave and won't be back to work till mid august. Lol. So I'll have it laying around till August. After that it's all good!!!

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 10:09 AM
    So I went thru hell and back but finally got the phone unblocked from AT&T!!!!

Posted via CB10 On Z10
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    06-06-14 10:31 PM
    You can just buy the code and get it unlocked!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5 Smartphone
    06-07-14 09:01 AM
    It's wasn't that it was blocked for a particular sim. It was blocked from network use. It was reported lost or stolen. And I but it off of Craigslist without knowing this.

Posted via CB10 On Z10 / 2AB750C9
    06-07-14 03:45 PM
    Oh no. That's cruel. I feel bad for you OP. Good lesson for me just buy from Shop BlackBerry with 2-day shipping to avoid all the hassle.

? CB10 ?
    06-07-14 04:01 PM
    Oh no. That's cruel. I feel bad for you OP. Good lesson for me just buy from Shop BlackBerry with 2-day shipping to avoid all the hassle.

? CB10 ?
    True. No more Craigslist for me in awhile. But luckily I have someone inside AT&T and was able to help me remove it from the lost/stolen list.

Posted via CB10 On Z10 / 2AB750C9
    anon8947187 likes this.
    06-08-14 11:39 AM
    The same thing happened to me with a Galaxy S4 bought from eBay. I just order directly from the carrier or manufacturer now.
    07-04-14 03:15 AM
    I've heard a lot of horror stories lately from Craigslist. I'd really recommend staying away from that site as you've got little to no recourse. If I buy from eBay or Amazon, I use PayPal. I've got some protection. However, I've really had great luck buying off here! ^_^

Sent from my larger than life device using Tapatalk.
    07-04-14 05:56 AM
    People like to sell old phones, then report them as stolen after it's too late to make a claim through eBay or some other service, so they can get a possibly newer one through insurance. Or they're just buttholes. Remember that selling a known-stolen phone is a felony in all fifty US states. AT&T can only remove a phone from the blacklist for the owner of the account through which the phone was originally reported stolen. It is not AT&T policy to block phones that are merely reported lost.

If you don't live in a terrible place with useless police, it is possible to have the person who sold you the phone hemmed up for fraud, grand theft, and a bunch of other charges. Even if they used a disposable phone to set up the sale, the carrier that operates that phone line has the locations it was used (available only to law enforcement).
    07-04-14 10:39 AM
    Sorry that happened to you, but glad it finally got straightened out.

FWIW, I bought my Z10 off craigslist. Had the seller meet me at the AT&T store to do the transfer. They verified the ESN was good, we walked outside and exchanged $$$$, then went back in and transferred the phone from him to me. No problems.......

......until I crunched the screen. But that's another story........
    07-24-14 05:32 PM