Is it normal that when I send a picture to someone who is offline at the moment that the status stays on "sending picture" and after a while it cancels to try and the picture will never be sent automatically till I say resend? Because of this behaviour my wife wants to leave BBM.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 05:25 AM
    Which device do you have?
    And really? That is why she wants to leave? Cause she can't get her picture right away? Why do you have your phone off when she sends you pictures?
    05-25-14 07:05 AM
    Which device do you have?
    And really? That is why she wants to leave? Cause she can't get her picture right away? Why do you have your phone off when she sends you pictures?
    Hi!
    Thanks for response. It's not between me and her. It's between her (Z10) and her best friend (Android device). I understand her problem. Before Z10 they used Cubie (both had Android devices) and now I have switched both to BBM. But maybe it's not the right one for their usage. It's not cool if the recipient MUST be online. Even on emailing it's getting cached on the server and resend a couple of times. They want to send and forget it.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 10:33 AM
    That's an Android behavior, for some reason BBM On Android goes off-line or you can turn it off, something like that. Thing is, it's not cool at all.

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    05-27-14 12:56 AM
    That's an Android behavior, for some reason BBM On Android goes off-line or you can turn it off, something like that. Thing is, it's not cool at all.

Hi! Thanks for your comment, but this behaviour also appears between two BlackBerry's - Z10 and Z30

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 03:01 PM
    That's weird because BBM is always on on BlackBerry devices

05-27-14 08:11 PM
    That's weird because BBM is always on on BlackBerry devices

That's right, but in this scenario the Internet connection of the recipient isn't always on so the sender tries to send a pic, it fails and it never retries to send automatically. The sender have to do it again - manually. And this behaviour is what my wife doesn't like on BBM.

Posted via CB10
    05-27-14 11:10 PM
    That's right, but in this scenario the Internet connection of the recipient isn't always on so the sender tries to send a pic, it fails and it never retries to send automatically. The sender have to do it again - manually. And this behaviour is what my wife doesn't like on BBM.

Posted via CB10
    It's true, the other day I send someone a picture and it cancelled, it would be cool if it was like WhatsApp which just sends it to the server and whenever this person connects it receives it. I'm guessing their servers delete the picture if the person doesn't connect after X amount of time to save them storage.

05-28-14 10:12 AM
    I constantly have this issue," error encountered", have to end up sending the image several times.

I'm using Z30 with latest update and no leaks.

Never had this issue with whatsapp.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD