I currently have both devices on my hands, and the back camera on Z10 is certainly more natural to me. The front camera on the Z30 is somewhat blurry, it feels nothing like a 2MP camera, more like a 0.3MP on the low end phones. I confirmed this with my friend whom previously worked at blackberry, he said they have different specs: same sensor but different isp. So software update can only do little improvement, not enough to catch up with the Z10...

I bought the Z30 for its battery life and processor last month. But seems like I prefer the IPS screen over the AMOLED (too bright and colorful even on lowest brightness). Although I'm not a camera guy, I do need a photo with REAL colors. I'm not understanding why is the newest flagship having such low camera quality?

Thought I'd share a camera comparison between the Z30 and Z10.
    From Z30
    Considering to downgrade to Z10-img_20140524_141951.jpg
    From Z10
    Considering to downgrade to Z10-img_20140524_142013.jpg

Meanwhile, I'll struggle a little with the ease of single hand use Z10 and the low battery life that comes with it.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 09:02 PM
    Looks to me to be the white balance, and not a reflection of the quality of the camera units themselves. Z30 shot appears warmer (yellower) while the Z10 is cooler (whiter). It can generally be fixed by post-processing if it really bugs you - the photo editor that comes with BB10 has that function.
    05-24-14 09:55 PM
    Looks to me to be the white balance, and not a reflection of the quality of the camera units themselves. Z30 shot appears warmer (yellower) while the Z10 is cooler (whiter). It can generally be fixed by post-processing if it really bugs you - the photo editor that comes with BB10 has that function.
    What photo editor are you referring to?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 10:13 PM
    When you view your picture in the Photos app, bring up the menu. There should be an option in there to edit your picture.
    X4xtraordinary likes this.
    05-24-14 10:17 PM
    Considering to downgrade to Z10-img_20140524_231718.png

Considering to downgrade to Z10-img_20140524_231731.png

Posted via CB10
    X4xtraordinary likes this.
    05-24-14 10:18 PM
    it's not the camera, it's the screen brightness. did the same comparison and with a screen brightness app, the z30 has the same picture quality as the z10.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 10:24 PM
    When you view your picture in the Photos app, bring up the menu. There should be an option in there to edit your picture.
    Could the white balance be set before taking the photo?

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 10:33 PM
    I currently have both devices on my hands, and the back camera on Z10 is certainly more natural to me. The front camera on the Z30 is somewhat blurry, it feels nothing like a 2MP camera, more like a 0.3MP on the low end phones. I confirmed this with my friend whom previously worked at blackberry, he said they have different specs: same sensor but different isp. So software update can only do little improvement, not enough to catch up with the Z10...

I bought the Z30 for its battery life and processor last month. But seems like I prefer the IPS screen over the AMOLED (too bright and colorful even on lowest brightness). Although I'm not a camera guy, I do need a photo with REAL colors. I'm not understanding why is the newest flagship having such low camera quality?

Thought I'd share a camera comparison between the Z30 and Z10.
    From Z30
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140524_141951.jpg 
Views:	2717 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	273449
    From Z10
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140524_142013.jpg 
Views:	2710 
Size:	50.8 KB 
ID:	273451

Meanwhile, I'll struggle a little with the ease of single hand use Z10 and the low battery life that comes with it.

Posted via CB10
    judging by both photos what happened here was the z30 light metered the bright houses and exposed with a shorter exposure time. the z10 metered with the shadows of the window frames and captured with a longer exposure time. I can tell this by the clouds in the background. Z30 clouds are more defined whereas the z10 clouds are washed out.

Both cameras have the same sensor and software driving it... only true way to compare is to have them at the same level and focuses on the same spot. your photos are not a controlled example as the metering wasn't the same.

the display on the z30 is amoled and the z10 is LCD tech. this will give you a discrepancy on the display output.
    Last edited by SUBLIMINALLYINCORRECT; 05-25-14 at 12:01 AM.
    AnimalPak200 and kthhrrsn like this.
    05-24-14 10:37 PM
    Yeah, the picture angle is not the same. The Z30 adjusted for cloud brightness. And the Z10 was pointing towards a darker area thus it upped its brightness.

Visit GTR Lifestyle @ C001247FA
    05-25-14 01:00 AM
    I actually really feel your pain. Though mine isn't due to the camera, I'm still facing a dilemma...

I keep pushing myself to use my Z30 so I'll eventually adjust to the screen. Then I pick up my Z10 and I'm like... WOW. The Z30 appears fuzzy, yellow, and sort of dull to me.

I've got a Q10 coming too. I want to try that and see the battery life. That's my main depressing point for the Z10. I can't just continously use the device without having to switch batteries or charge it. I'd go through 4 fully charged batteries in a course of my 11-12 hour work day. It was a real hassle. That's why I got the Z30.

I own a Note 3 as well. It was demoted from phone to tablet due to its size. I'm struggling with the weight and size of this Z30 too.

I don't know what to do yet. It's funny because the person I bought it from, they sold it for the very reason I'm facing too...

Sent from a larger than life device using Tapatalk!
    dejanh likes this.
    05-25-14 03:36 AM
    it's not the camera, it's the screen brightness. did the same comparison and with a screen brightness app, the z30 has the same picture quality as the z10.

Posted via CB10
    He's posted the pictures on the Internet. We are not looking at the pictures through his screen, are we?

Posted via CB10
    Septembersrain and pystha like this.
    05-25-14 04:45 AM
    Win.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 05:35 AM
    I actually really feel your pain. Though mine isn't due to the camera, I'm still facing a dilemma...

I keep pushing myself to use my Z30 so I'll eventually adjust to the screen. Then I pick up my Z10 and I'm like... WOW. The Z30 appears fuzzy, yellow, and sort of dull to me.

I've got a Q10 coming too. I want to try that and see the battery life. That's my main depressing point for the Z10. I can't just continously use the device without having to switch batteries or charge it. I'd go through 4 fully charged batteries in a course of my 11-12 hour work day. It was a real hassle. That's why I got the Z30.

I own a Note 3 as well. It was demoted from phone to tablet due to its size. I'm struggling with the weight and size of this Z30 too.

I don't know what to do yet. It's funny because the person I bought it from, they sold it for the very reason I'm facing too...

Yeah have noticed this as well but honestly at this point I'm in love with all the other pros. The snapiness, the bigger screen and the killer speakers. I'm not a big perfectionist when it comes to pictures but I am also not an apologist either all I'm saying is I have not noticed a significant,relevant, noticeable change on the ones of my z30 when compared to the ones I took with my z10 or even my 9860 fo that matter. I know simply because I have used the same micro SD card and synced all its pics to my desktop on all my 3 blackberries.

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    Septembersrain likes this.
    05-25-14 09:31 AM
    Compare video taking as well. I noticed this when I was recording the other day. I could use the digital zoom with clarity on the Z10. With the Z30, the zoom is essentially worthless. I'm definitely disappointed about that. I guess I just figured that since they were the same on both phones, they would behave the same. But, the more pictures and videos I take, the more that appears not to be the case.

So for me, 2 cons take away from an otherwise perfect phone (for me): the camera, and no limited LTE coverage in a full-LTE area (no band 17 support). I still love the phone though.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 12:36 PM
    I love my Z30, I just have one big issue with it. It's too big! I'm 185 cm tall, so I don't have the smallest hands, but I'm still unable to control it with one hand only.

Also the Z10 feels better in size, but somehow too small after using the Z30. I think I would be able to handle 4.5 inch with one hand. So BlackBerry if you read this make a bigger Z.

The battery life is amazing on the Z30. I have a spare battery on my Z10 but it's not as comfortable, as having a single big battery.

I also prefer the IPS over AmoLED. The white is lot better, lot more brightness. The AmoLED colors are more vivid.

Otherwise it's the system what matters. And nothing can beat BlackBerry 10.

All of my friends have Q10s and 2 of them got some Z10 loving. Just convinced my friends girlfriend to get a Z10. Overall I would be a good BlackBerry sales guy . Made everyone switch from iPhones and androids to BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 02:22 PM
    You would have to review both pics on another screen. You can't compare what you see on the z10 screen to the z30. Different screen technology and ppi.

Posted via CB10
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    05-25-14 03:33 PM
    You would have to review both pics on another screen. You can't compare what you see on the z10 screen to the z30. Different screen technology and ppi.

Posted via CB10
    Um.. LOL. Pictures are above from both devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 04:22 PM
    I know they are from both devices.my point is after you take a pic of each you have to look at them both on a computer or something to even out the playing field.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 06:29 PM

Posted via CB10
    Since those are pictures off the device, not a photo of the screen that would have zero to do with it.

Posted via CB10
    pystha likes this.
    05-25-14 07:32 PM
    This thread is hilarious. Anyone who's advocating for z10 use for any reason other than size and feel in hand wins the Internet...

* I am aware that there's a massive difference between the Web and the net, but the saying is win the net haha

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 08:17 PM
    Compare video taking as well. I noticed this when I was recording the other day. I could use the digital zoom with clarity on the Z10. With the Z30, the zoom is essentially worthless. I'm definitely disappointed about that. I guess I just figured that since they were the same on both phones, they would behave the same. But, the more pictures and videos I take, the more that appears not to be the case.

So for me, 2 cons take away from an otherwise perfect phone (for me): the camera, and no limited LTE coverage in a full-LTE area (no band 17 support). I still love the phone though.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I have never filmed a video on the bb10.

Posted via CB10
    05-25-14 08:58 PM

The yellowish dull may be fixed by editing the photo afterwards. But it's a pain to edit photos one at a time. I'd prefer the more convenient way. Lol.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by X4xtraordinary; 05-26-14 at 11:12 AM.
    pystha likes this.
    05-25-14 09:04 PM
    I like taking pics with my Z10. Unfortunately, after doing so, my battery is dead.
    So I have to move to a phone whose battery lasts longer than 10 hours. It has to be the Z30.
    And none of my photos come out with dull or yellowish tones over them.
    05-25-14 09:08 PM
    People have to learn to use their camera.... sometimes there's more than just point and shoot.

Sent flawlessly from my Z30!
    leehardballer12 likes this.
    05-25-14 10:24 PM
    I That's my main depressing point for the Z10. I can't just continously use the device without having to switch batteries or charge it. I'd go through 4 fully charged batteries in a course of my 11-12 hour work day. It was a real hassle. That's why I got the Z30.
    4 batteries? That's insane. What kind of work do you do?

I'm in sales.
    I am literally on my phone non stop from 6am-6pm.
    I never went through 4 batteries on my z10. Maybe throughout the entire day (5am-12am) I may have gone through 3.

Do you have poor reception and Was that with lte on?

Posted on a Post-It!
    05-25-14 11:36 PM
32 12