1. Allow attaching files such as documents, pictures, location, voice notes, glympse... etc, right on to the chat page in Groups, just like you can do in individual chats.

2. Give iPhone, Android and soon Windows users all the same options you have on BBM for BlackBerry. Such as Video Chat which is currently missing in the other platforms.

3. More options and customization features. For example different options for backgrounds, chat bubbles, font and font size, text color, bubble color... etc. BBM can even capitalize on this by selling certain custom backgrounds like they do Stickers.

4. In Group and multi-person chats, opening to the last message you read as opposed to opening to the latest one. This would avoid your having to scroll up to find where you left off.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 07:17 PM
    05-24-14 07:22 PM
    Like it
    05-24-14 07:31 PM
    I agree 100% I wish android and iphone user can have the same awesome experience us BlackBerry user have

Beproud - BlackBerry 10
    05-24-14 07:33 PM
    Completely agree with you, especially the 4th one!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 07:35 PM
    Sounds like a reasonable request.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 01:10 PM
    How about backup of conversations?
    Thesmartmale likes this.
    05-26-14 01:25 PM
    Stability is far more important.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 01:31 PM
    Agree in all of them but strongly in the #1 and #4
    05-26-14 01:32 PM
    Agree on #4
    05-26-14 01:45 PM
    Send more than 1 picture at once

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 03:57 PM
    5. Available on desktop / laptops.

6. Self destructing text, picture, voice, video messages.

Posted via CB10
    05-26-14 04:00 PM
    I use the iPhone version of BBM. Anyway, I have a couple gripes... some have been mentioned here

1. Attaching a photo is unintuitive. If I click on the camera icon, it brings up the camera... which makes sense but why should I have to exit out of that to pick another tab to attach a photo? My personal opinion is that they should add like an "existing photo" option when the camera pops up. If that's not possible, maybe just make the camera a tab and then have 2 separate options for existing or take. I know this might be counterintuitive since there's a dedicated attach file tab, but when I touch the clip icon, to me that means attach, and then I see a camera, I really just want to think it includes all photo options. I think this is just because I don't have a blackberry background. I still think there should be an easy way to switch to existing photo when the camera pops up though.

2. Going along with #1, I think the icons could use some work. I know it might seem dumb to people who have probably used a blackberry for a long time but when I go to the attach options. I had to tap on each individual one just to see what they meant. I know that this is pedantic but the icons by themselves are an unnecessary learning curve for people really looking to give BBM a chance... I'm sure the designers probably debated this and thought it was pointless because it only takes 5 seconds to learn. I kind of disagree with myself a little since I code web apps for a living and hate that people can't figure out the things that I think are intuitive... but that was my first impression none the less - My take on it is have maybe a word in the imagine somewhere. I think if you're trying to win over users from different platforms who have never used a blackberry before, it might be better to dumb it down hardcore and then start removing the unnecessary descriptions. They already have 80 mill users so maybe I'm the one stuck in the past

3. Why do my pictures get cut off when I post them on group chats? Am I doing something wrong. I'll post a photo and it doesn't show how it gets cropped but when I upload it, it seems like the header doesn't go away so it ends up covering up parts of the photo which effectively ruins it for me. I don't understand why the header doesn't disappear or just push the pic down.

4. So for this one, I just want to start discussion. I think channels should be able to have subscription type capabilities (if they don't already) so things like newspapers or clubs have special posts or perks that go along with being a premium member. If you can't get people to download the blackberry apps because they're not using a blackberry phone, then why not let businesses have at least some facet to make money on channels beyond their own IOS apps. I think this is a better approach sometimes because if you're like me, you hate having like 9000 apps for silly things like news aggregators. I look at BBM as potentially being more like a platform where channels can be more customizable for companies. I have no idea how channels work when you own one but it would be cool if you could write your own responsive webpages that you can embed in the channel. I'm really lukewarm about this idea since it opens BBM up to other peoples' bugs and it really doesn't fall under "messaging" anymore. Idk maybe there is a more simple way to do it.. and maybe that is leaving it as it is.. I just hate to say it, I don't really like the current look of channels, it kinda makes me feel claustrophobic... haha

5. Now this is really gonna make some eyes roll... but I think you should be able to search for pins if a person wants theirs to be publicly accessible. I should be able to search for myself if I want to be public.. whether it be by phone #, name, exc exc I just think the pin think is too cumbersome.

Please don't be too brutal with your criticism, I realize a lot of my ideas are half baked.
    Alvin Loh likes this.
    05-26-14 09:49 PM
    Ooh, also #6, I don't think the current stickers process is great. Why are they just hand picking illustrators? Why not make it more like an App Store where people can create their own and then you can download them as wanted. I also prefer emojis more than stickers but they should both be in an App Store type setup anyway. This might be a current technical constraint as some group has to manually review it, and also it would take time to create the platform where designers can add their stuff easily.

Anyway, OP, I liked your ideas. I think overall the idea of more customization would be great so long as it's implemented correctly and doesn't ruin the experience for people with too many options or bugs.
    05-26-14 10:00 PM
    I really like the idea of pin searching, its totally up to the user if they want to be public, and if so what data is searchable. It puts more power into the users hands and it becomes more prolific... ie: I meet someone on the train and my stop is coming up, I turn around and say, add me to bbm: search xyz, you'll see my pic, talk soon

Posted via CB10
    06-03-14 04:48 PM
    I use the iPhone version of BBM. Anyway, I have a couple gripes... some have been mentioned here

1. Attaching a photo is unintuitive. If I click on the camera icon, it brings up the camera... which makes sense but why should I have to exit out of that to pick another tab to attach a photo? My personal opinion is that they should add like an "existing photo" option when the camera pops up. If that's not possible, maybe just make the camera a tab and then have 2 separate options for existing or take. I know this might be counterintuitive since there's a dedicated attach file tab, but when I touch the clip icon, to me that means attach, and then I see a camera, I really just want to think it includes all photo options. I think this is just because I don't have a blackberry background. I still think there should be an easy way to switch to existing photo when the camera pops up though.

2. Going along with #1, I think the icons could use some work. I know it might seem dumb to people who have probably used a blackberry for a long time but when I go to the attach options. I had to tap on each individual one just to see what they meant. I know that this is pedantic but the icons by themselves are an unnecessary learning curve for people really looking to give BBM a chance... I'm sure the designers probably debated this and thought it was pointless because it only takes 5 seconds to learn. I kind of disagree with myself a little since I code web apps for a living and hate that people can't figure out the things that I think are intuitive... but that was my first impression none the less - My take on it is have maybe a word in the imagine somewhere. I think if you're trying to win over users from different platforms who have never used a blackberry before, it might be better to dumb it down hardcore and then start removing the unnecessary descriptions. They already have 80 mill users so maybe I'm the one stuck in the past

3. Why do my pictures get cut off when I post them on group chats? Am I doing something wrong. I'll post a photo and it doesn't show how it gets cropped but when I upload it, it seems like the header doesn't go away so it ends up covering up parts of the photo which effectively ruins it for me. I don't understand why the header doesn't disappear or just push the pic down.

4. So for this one, I just want to start discussion. I think channels should be able to have subscription type capabilities (if they don't already) so things like newspapers or clubs have special posts or perks that go along with being a premium member. If you can't get people to download the blackberry apps because they're not using a blackberry phone, then why not let businesses have at least some facet to make money on channels beyond their own IOS apps. I think this is a better approach sometimes because if you're like me, you hate having like 9000 apps for silly things like news aggregators. I look at BBM as potentially being more like a platform where channels can be more customizable for companies. I have no idea how channels work when you own one but it would be cool if you could write your own responsive webpages that you can embed in the channel. I'm really lukewarm about this idea since it opens BBM up to other peoples' bugs and it really doesn't fall under "messaging" anymore. Idk maybe there is a more simple way to do it.. and maybe that is leaving it as it is.. I just hate to say it, I don't really like the current look of channels, it kinda makes me feel claustrophobic... haha

5. Now this is really gonna make some eyes roll... but I think you should be able to search for pins if a person wants theirs to be publicly accessible. I should be able to search for myself if I want to be public.. whether it be by phone #, name, exc exc I just think the pin think is too cumbersome.

Please don't be too brutal with your criticism, I realize a lot of my ideas are half baked.
    Re: #3

That cropped view is the minimized view to show the caption and comments on that photo.

Just double-tap to get full screen view.

Dominate the MCAT C0012A8A6
    06-04-14 12:01 AM
    I really wish they would do #1. I preferred that one thing on WhatsApp.

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    06-04-14 04:56 AM
    Nice ideas

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 05:36 AM