Hey guys I was wondering if anybody has had any issue with setting up Microsoft active sync account through the leak. I've tried security wipe and reinstalling the os as well is there anything else I'm missing? Any help would be great. Thx

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 10:53 AM
    [INFO]Use a Descriptive Title
    This rule is simple; help us to help you. When you create your thread / post, think of it as if 'someone else' is reading it. With that in mind, make your subject lines related to the content of your post. Having a subject line of 'help' or 'now what', will not really help others later when they do a search for a particular issue. So, try to be a little more creative. Example: “My Facebook notification will not show in the hub” or “How do I use Glympse on BBM? ” [/INFO]

Just trying to help you out, posting an OS number for a thread isn't the best way to get an answer.
    05-24-14 11:03 AM
    Hey guys I was wondering if anybody has had any issue with setting up Microsoft active sync account through the leak. I've tried security wipe and reinstalling the os as well is there anything else I'm missing? Any help would be great. Thx

Posted via CB10
    The Autodiscover is not working the same as before, it seems. I have a work email which the Playbook found OK and set up as ActiveSync but my Z30 kept trying to set it as IMAP. I had to manually go to the Z30 setup screen and force "advanced settings" to make it work properly.

What problems are you experiencing?
    05-24-14 11:19 AM
    The Autodiscover is not working the same as before, it seems. I have a work email which the Playbook found OK and set up as ActiveSync but my Z30 kept trying to set it as IMAP. I had to manually go to the Z30 setup screen and force "advanced settings" to make it work properly.

What problems are you experiencing?
    It says that the server name is incorrect. I tried it with wife's phone and it seems to work fine. Here's a pic.
    10.3.0.296 and Active Sync issues?-img_20140524_122600_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 11:29 AM
    Double check with your IT what your activesync server address and possibly what port it is on. Not everyone runs activesync on default port 443.
    Also maybe provide info on what activesync server you are trying to connect to as there has been a thread on this already and I believe issues seemed to be around what exchange version they were running.

As mentioned also try to use the advanced manual setup instead of letting it auto figure it out.

I have had no issues, but am also not using a Microsoft Exchange activesync server, mine is Novell GroupWise

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 11:42 AM
    Double check with your IT what your activesync server address and possibly what port it is on. Not everyone runs activesync on default port 443.
    Also maybe provide info on what activesync server you ate trying to connect to as there has been a thread on this already and I believe issues seemed to be around what exchange version they were running.

As mentioned also try to use the advanced manual setup instead of letting it auto figure it out.

I have had no issues, but am also not using a Microsoft Exchange activesync server, mine is Novell GroupWise

Posted via CB10
    The Advanced setup is what I've used. And port 443 is the one that I've always used as well as I tried it through my better half's z10 and it worked great.

Posted via CB10
    05-24-14 11:46 AM