So, I'm in the middle of my working day and I get an incoming call from a number I don't recognise. I take the call and the Call Centre Advisor introduces himself as from EE's loyalty rewards team, and that he's authorised to make some special offers to me as I'm such a fantastic customer.

Now, I know where this is heading but I have time on my hands and decide to play along.

I get the usual BS about these offers, and of course all they really want to do is get me to sign up other householders, or renew my contract early... he tells me that there are loads of devices, so I go for the biggie....

ME: "ok, what Blackberry Devices can you offer, because I'm only interested in their product.

EE : erm.... well, BlackBerry is done.

Me: Sorry?

EE : over. Finished. They are dead in the water. Why would you want a BlackBerry???

Me: Well, let's see because I'm a businessman, because I don't want a comedy phone that's barely going to work until lunchtime, and because I'm the customer and it's my money!

EE. Yeah, I get that, but there are plenty of phones that aren't iPhone, they're all at least as good as a BlackBerry

Me: Really, are they as secure?

EE. Well, it doesn't really matter because BlackBerry don't have any phones. They stopped making them years ago when they were taken over.

Me: So you're telling me that there are no BlackBerry handsets on the market now?

EE.: Yes

Me: So, the q5, q10, Z3, Z10 and Z30 have all ceased production and sold out?

EE : yes

Me: Who told you this?

EE : everyone knows

Me: Do you know anything about the market you're selling in, or are you just pushing what your bosses tell you? Or did you just phone me up for an argument because you're bored???

EE: No mate, BlackBerry is toast. That's why you need to get an up to date phone, and I'm trying to help you do that.

Me: I'm not your mate, I'm your customer. And based on your attitude, and the misinformation that you are obviously trying, both as an individual, and as a department, to spread.. at Contract renewal I shall be citing the date, time and originating number of this call as a primary reason for me leaving EE.
    This call is terminated.

Just beyond belief... and this is what the Joe Bloggs BlackBerry owner will be fed by this shower of absolute bastards.

I give up.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by naimiac; 05-22-14 at 03:06 PM.
    05-22-14 02:00 PM
    Haha! .. you guys don't go far enough, just absolutely root them and make them feel stupid, I would just bull**** and say I bought a brand new Z30 last night and there were lots available!

I really want to get a call like that sometime!

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 02:05 PM
    Me: I'm not your mate, I'm your customer. And based on your attitude, and the misinformation that you are obviously trying, both as an individual, and as a department, to spread.. at Contract renewal I shall be citing the date, time and originating number of this call as a primary reason for me leaving EE.
    This call is terminated.
    Two of the following will happen:

• He'll call you back when either the Z3/30/whatever hit EE;
    • He'll **** his pants in fear of you "bye bye EE" call making him lose his job;
    • He'll not care and forget about all this;
    • He'll keep on spreading a mix oflies and media fed half truths.

Take your pick.

It seems t be a russian roulette with EE/Orange... My friend upgraded recently. She too asked for BlackBerry. First rep said she could get a 9300 and nothing else, second offered great deals on iPhones and said they didn't have any BB. Third got her a nice plan and a Q5.

She's very happy with it, btw.
    Gatmyer and lift like this.
    05-22-14 02:08 PM
    If I'd had a bit more time I would have taken him to bits... it's good sport.

But the serious part is that 9 out of 10 people this ***** calls will either believe every word, or at least not have the background knowledge to realise that they are being shovelled pure and malicious telephonic effluent.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 02:09 PM
    Lol. Thanks for the laugh, we better take it the fun way sometimes, or we would be always mad.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296
    wolffkrieger likes this.
    05-22-14 02:10 PM
    You should send those details to olaf swantee. CEO. He needs to here this rubbish.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 02:10 PM
    might have been a sweatshop call centre calling on behalf of EE: I get calls like that for my carrier where they outright lie about the plan features I will be allowed to retain that I know will be removed. Certainly call EE because they need to know if a subcontractor is making them look bad... which is not to say that it couldn't have been a call directly from EE customer relations, but in a world where choosing a carrier is a matter of finding the least bad one, give EE the chance to prove they're not as terrible as they appear because if you switch, your new carrier may be even terribler.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 02:15 PM
    might have been a sweatshop call centre calling on behalf of EE: I get calls like that for my carrier where they outright lie about the plan features I will be allowed to retain that I know will be removed. Certainly call EE because they need to know if a subcontractor is making them look bad.

Posted via CB10
    Not a bad idea here.
    05-22-14 02:17 PM
    I'm planning on doing just that. I've worked in sales almost all of my life, and in various technology sectors.

I've never minded someone trying to sell to me, but I loathe being peddled untruths...

By the same token, no feedback = no improvement

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor, stevepar, web99 and 3 others like this.
    05-22-14 02:24 PM
    ohhh wow
    05-22-14 02:32 PM
    I love it when they tell me crap like that. Thankfully though, it doesn't happen in my area often but it's always funny when it does.
    05-22-14 02:43 PM
    Was in Phones4U the other day buying a mobile for my father in law.

The sales girl was far more complimentary about BlackBerry - she hadn't seen a Z30 before so was interested to see it. I mentioned how difficult it is to pick one up in the UK and she agreed - they no longer stock anything BlackBerry.

Bit of a sad situation. Let's hope the Z3 helps kickstart a turnaround.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 02:54 PM
    Sounds about right for ee, have not got a clue about phones

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    05-22-14 02:58 PM
    I love how the guy said "Well, it doesn't really matter because BlackBerry don't have any phones. They stopped making them years ago when they were taken over."

But knew about the new BB10 phones that was just released last year..
    05-22-14 03:00 PM
    Nope... poor spacing in my original post.. it was "me" who pointed out the 10 series and asked if they'd all sold out and been discontinued.

Now edited so but reads right.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 03:06 PM
    Today I got an email from T-mobile urging me to update to the standard business phone: the iPhone 5s. I laughed so hard when I read that mail....

Posted via CB10
    neo158, lift, spikesolie and 3 others like this.
    05-22-14 03:37 PM
    might have been a sweatshop call centre calling on behalf of EE
    Maybe it was John Legere on the other end

terribler.
    Did you just make up a word there? Lol.
    Omnitech likes this.
    05-22-14 05:14 PM
    I had a similar call from what sounded like an Indian call centre from 3. Said as a 'valued customer' I could have a poor quality Android phone which came out about a year ago but was apparently 'new'. I let him speak and then asked why he thought I'd want a phone inferior to my own which is a year old and has awful reviews. He said perhaps I wanted to get it for a friend or family member. I asked why on Earth would I want to pay a monthly contract for a friend and asked what criteria highlighted me as 'valued'. He admitted it was random and so I said "So you've tried to get me to take out an additional line with a bog standard phone and lied to me about being a valued customer. This is more likely to lose me as a customer. Goodbye".
    kbz1960 and jpvj like this.
    05-22-14 05:33 PM
    I was just about to write an article with almost the same misinformation that these youngins (so called sales rep) at this mobile store pass on.

Earlier today I went into Optus to pay on my bill but took the time to ask if they had any Z30 in stock. I was surprised not to be told about Sony Experia Z2, but instead I was told that BlackBerry is dead we do not sell BlackBerrys. Well, not at this store - different franchise.

Sales rep: Do you own a BlackBerry?

Me: Yes. What do you carry?

Sales rep: Samsung Note.

Me: Why?

Sales rep: I love the way it looks. I don't like the way BlackBerry looks. They look old and who wants keys to type?

Me: Ok. So you prefer virtual keys. Have you seen the new range of BlackBerry OS 10 devices?

Sales rep: No

So he pulls out his Samsung Device.

Me: Is that what you love about your device. The big screen, yet your virtual keys take up more than half your screen But while I mentioned Keyboard...Do you know the virtual keys on the BB10 devices actually feel like a physical keyboard when typing? Do you know that with the typing experience comes predictive and suggestive words based on conversation history and sentence construction?

Sales rep: Yeah, predictive text is big now. But who wants suggestive?

Me: think about it...words are displayed for an easy flick into the sentence. Type all the words to your sentence and even misspell any of the word with pressing the space and the auto correct functions displays your sentence grammatically correct awaiting a flick.

Sales rep: What? really? Do you work for BlackBerry?

Me: No, But I know what I want in a phone and it is certainly not the way it looks. I want security, productivity and communication tools that works. Get to know your devices and sell the best option based in your customers' needs.

Sales rep: Damn!! you have me thinking.

Ok, I left Optus and went to Telstra.

Sales rep: I think you have me sold on the BlackBerry Z30. I told my colleague that you educated me so much about the device that I want to go back to BlackBerry. iPhone is not doing it for me. All of this while she is manually moving contacts from a virus infected Samsung to a new Samsung device.

Me: Get a BlackBerry and when your customer comes back get him/her sold on one too. I will be back to get the good news.

The reps in the stores are a joke!!!
    05-23-14 01:20 AM
    So, I'm in the middle of my working day and I get an incoming call from a number I don't recognise. I take the call and the Call Centre Advisor introduces himself as from EE's loyalty rewards team, and that he's authorised to make some special offers to me as I'm such a fantastic customer.

Now, I know where this is heading but I have time on my hands and decide to play along.

I get the usual BS about these offers, and of course all they really want to do is get me to sign up other householders, or renew my contract early... he tells me that there are loads of devices, so I go for the biggie....

ME: "ok, what Blackberry Devices can you offer, because I'm only interested in their product.

EE : over. Finished. They are dead in the water. Why would you want a BlackBerry???

Me: Well, let's see because I'm a businessman, because I don't want a comedy phone that's barely going to work until lunchtime, and because I'm the customer and it's my money!

EE. Yeah, I get that, but there are plenty of phones that aren't iPhone, they're all at least as good as a BlackBerry

EE. Well, it doesn't really matter because BlackBerry don't have any phones. They stopped making them years ago when they were taken over.

Me: So you're telling me that there are no BlackBerry handsets on the market now?

Me: Do you know anything about the market you're selling in, or are you just pushing what your bosses tell you? Or did you just phone me up for an argument because you're bored???

EE: No mate, BlackBerry is toast. That's why you need to get an up to date phone, and I'm trying to help you do that.

This call is terminated.

Just beyond belief... and this is what the Joe Bloggs BlackBerry owner will be fed by this shower of absolute bastards.

I give up.

Posted via CB10
    OMG! I know sales people often tell the story that optimizes their profit, but I really, really, really hate when they either lie or has zero knowledge.

Unfortunately a lot of C-level people has the impression, that a sales guy can sell anything with just a short introduction to the product. So the poor guys are only provided with a short introduction and the off to call customers. You really have to have a special mindset to be able to cope with such a job.
    05-23-14 02:18 AM
    Sadly this is exactly how network operators see BlackBerry, even though I don't own one I can see they are far from dead. It's a similar thing with Windows Phone, but I was told by O2-UK that their customer base is mainly iPhone and Android, but I don't see why they can't push alternatives like BB and WP as well.

This is the exact reason why I buy my phones SIM free, it might cost more upfront but I get the phone I want and no BS from ***** salespeople.
    Last edited by neo158; 06-02-14 at 07:20 AM.
    Sean Fanelli likes this.
    05-23-14 06:19 AM
    Sales rep: What? really? Do you work for BlackBerry?
    Why do we get asked that so many times??

The reps in the stores are a joke!!!
    Oh, that much we already knew... I estimate only 10% of those kids actually bother reading reviews of playing with devices they: a) don't own; b) don't wanna buy.

I had the luxury and the luck of having time to spend (this is the luxury) with a tech guru that was open minded and inquisitive (this was the lucky bit) one day. He gave me a hard time selling BB10 to him, but he was fair in all his points. In the end, he was sad he didn't have any at the store so he could try them out.

I'm sure if he did, they'd start trying to sell some Z10s.

This is the exact reason why I buy my phones SIM free, it might cost more upfront but I get the phone I want and no BS from ***** salespeople.
    We hear ya, brother. Haven't bought a phone for myself on my Carrier since the Curve 8520!

I do for my folks though, but I do not kid myself into thinking they will go for BB10. Android is enough for their needs.
    05-23-14 08:22 AM
    Jump on board all EE customers.

EE Loyalty Rewards guy tells me "BlackBerry's done. Over. Finished!"??????? Wtf-img_20140523_142958.png

Via CB10 from Scotland using Z10STL100-2/10.3.0.296
    05-23-14 08:30 AM

This call is terminated.

I give up.

Posted via CB10
    This is odd because on a recent trip to the UK (March-April) I toyed with the idea of grabbing a new phone while I was there. EE offered me a choice between the usual suspects; Q10, Z10 & Q5. I asked about the 9720 as I thought I'd like to try something a bit different, the woman in the store said they didn't carry it but she'd check and see if they could get it or not. They couldn't but at least she tried. The plans included BIS whether I wanted it or not, "Just in case" she said. Over all the people in the store in Exeter treated me like gold and never once questioned my choice of devices. In the end I just went for a SIM, I wasn't looking for duplicate phones and the Q5 never really interested me. Strange how things change in a month or two.

*EDIT*

Just checked EE's website and no BlackBerrys are listed on the consumer side. On the business side the usual Q10, Q5 & Z10 are listed.
    05-23-14 10:26 AM
    Might be worth a complaint about false and deceptive sales/advertising.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    05-23-14 12:03 PM
44 12