Quick briefing, posted this on one of the news feeds earlier this or last month and got many positive comments and was waiting on another article to be posted on the news portion with this point but none so far. So, I'm bringing this to you peeps earlier.

Basically, you can add any custom or non default search engine to the BB10 browser. I believe it carries over to the �universal search� app as well.
    If you're defaulted to Google USA and want Google UK or even a completely different search engine not included by default in the

such as Flickr, Wikipedia, Amazon,list goes on, I'll show you how.

In your BB10 browser, visit mycroftproject.com. Search or find the search engine you want. Click the link and accept. It's that easy!

To access or change your search engine, click the browser address bar and type something. At the top right hand corner your search engine icon will appear, click that drop down menu and select the desired search engine. Hold on one to delete.

Site works for most browsers including desktop Firefox & IE.
    Last edited by Chanlion; 05-21-14 at 11:51 PM.
    BBFanatic4Life likes this.
    05-21-14 11:22 PM
    Interesting guide, so thanks!

However I have no idea what the first 3 paragraphs mean.
    05-21-14 11:44 PM
    You can also visit whatever page, tap "more" (3 dots at the bottom), and then tap "add search".

I also have no idea what the first paragraphs mean.
    05-21-14 11:48 PM
    Sorry, I pasted something left over on my clipboard. Didn't realize it.
    05-21-14 11:52 PM
    You can also visit whatever page, tap "more" (3 dots at the bottom), and then tap "add search".

I also have no idea what the first paragraphs mean.
    Great tip, although, strangely for google.co.uk there is no option in the overflow menu?

Posted via CB10
    05-22-14 12:08 AM
    You can also visit whatever page, tap "more" (3 dots at the bottom), and then tap "add search" ...
    Great tip, although, strangely for google.co.uk there is no option in the overflow menu?
    I don't have the option to add search in my overflow either.

... Basically, you can add any custom or non default search engine to the BB10 browser. I believe it carries over to the “universal search‘ app as well.
    If you're defaulted to Google USA and want Google UK or even a completely different search engine not included by default in the

such as Flickr, Wikipedia, Amazon,list goes on, I'll show you how.

In your BB10 browser, visit mycroftproject.com. Search or find the search engine you want. Click the link and accept. It's that easy ...
    But is it safe? Is there spyware? Is this an app with permissions and all?
    07-10-14 05:30 PM
    Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-17 11:33 AM