New bb10 user here, I've dabbled in everything, but after two days of using the z10 I really like it. Although I don't think I can continue using it in any sort of official way until I figure out how to get my favorite apps on here.

A little information about me, my name is Ben and I post reviews of technology on YouTube, I love photography and no just about all the ins and outs of android ios and windows phone. I'm now trying to learn the same amount about blackberry 10.

And with all of your help I'd like to make the most comprehensive review possible and post it to my channel.

What I have done so far is download the Amazon app store and downloaded items from there. Outside of that I can't figure out how to get other Android apps that aren't on there appstore, such as one note, snap chat, Google voice, the official bing app, and many more. What is the best way to find and download them? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 01:27 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry!

Here's a good starting place: http://forums.crackberry.com/android...e-first-learn-
    more-about-android-apps-apk-files-873609/

The other "sticky" threads posted at the top here Android Apps (APK Files) - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com will give you some additional info.
    Levi_Asaiah likes this.
    05-21-14 01:30 PM
    Yeah, I downloaded snap, but the file won't open on my z10. Did I do something wrong?
    05-21-14 01:39 PM
    You have to go into settings > App Manager > Installing Apps > make sure the setting is on.

Also, go into the about setting and check if you have OS 10.2.1 or higher.
    05-21-14 01:40 PM
    SNAP my friend,
    the thread above has a link to "how to install it"

Welcome to crackberry!!
    We are always here to help!
    05-21-14 01:41 PM
    If the file doesn't open, then you probably didn't install it correctly. You simply can't download it and put it into your phones sd or flash memory (like into a app folder).

The easiest way is to go into google chrome, and download "BB10 / PlayBook App Manager" from the chrome web store.

Then:
    - plug your phone into your computer, turn on development mode
    - open the extension or playbook manager, put in the IP address and click the IP address under manage device.
    - put in your device password
    - then drag and drop the file for snap into the box and wait for it to install.

You should have an app icon appear on your phone, not a file you go through in a file manager.
    05-21-14 01:50 PM
    Yeah, I don't think Ben knows how to Sideload. Ben, refer to the link I posted in the snap thread for you.
    05-21-14 01:51 PM
    Yeah, I tried the PlayBook app manager, but I'm doing something wrong. It won't recognize my phones ipv4 address. Or it will and when I click on it it leads me to a blank page

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 02:14 PM
    The PlayBook app manager is something I just don't understand

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 02:15 PM
    The PlayBook app manager is something I just don't understand

Posted via CB10
    Try the snap installer I referenced in the other thread. Much easier for someone not familiar with sideloading.
    05-21-14 02:18 PM
    Sachesi is easy enough

CB10 via Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.296 /441 radio
    ultra07 likes this.
    05-21-14 02:19 PM
    I'm really trying to be patient, but doing anything on this device is a nightmare, at least in this respect. This PlayBook app manager is outright user and seems to be broken
    I followed their instructions, downloaded the chrome extension, put my device in developer mode, and input the IP address of the phone in every way I could think of and.... blank screen or a 404 error. I don't even know where to begin with side loading, from what I've tried already it seems terrible

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 02:19 PM
    How do you use the snap installer? It won't open the file once I've downloaded it on my phone. Am I supposed to do it some other way? Do I even need to open snap

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 02:20 PM
    I find that Sachesi is likely the easiest way to side-load Snap (or any other bar files).

Install Sachesi for side-loading:

1. Download the appropriate version here: Sachesi
    2. Put it in a folder on it's own (it's a stand-alone program)
    3. Plug your device into your PC.
    4. Double click the Sachesi exe file to launch it. Enter your device password, if you use one.
    5. Click on the install tab.
    6. Drag/drop the bar file into the window. You'll see a progress bar on your device and in Sachesi.
    7. When complete, unplug your device. You're done.

*** Note that BlackBerry Link must already installed on the computer (this installs drivers you'll need).
    *** "Development Mode" is not required when using Sachesi.
    *** Unless you know what you're doing, do not mess with the other, advanced options within Sachesi!
    ultra07 likes this.
    05-21-14 02:44 PM
    Well you can install them through 1mobilemarket, or snap. I would suggest you snap. Can you guys help me with something? I have ordered a playbook, and I know that it isn't supported anymore but if the device comes with os1.0 or 2.0 will I still be able to update it to the latest version?
    05-21-14 02:49 PM
    Well you can install them through 1mobilemarket, or snap. I would suggest you snap. Can you guys help me with something? I have ordered a playbook, and I know that it isn't supported anymore but if the device comes with os1.0 or 2.0 will I still be able to update it to the latest version?
    I've already answered your question in your original thread. http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...update-933204/

Please don't post your question in other threads. Thanks.
    05-21-14 02:56 PM
    I figured it out! It was a nightmare though -_-

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 02:56 PM

Posted via CB10
    it was a nightmare at first!
    but now that you know how to do it, it's pretty easy
    05-21-14 03:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Sorry that your first impression was of frustration. The feature you are using is for developers but with a few steps average people can use it too. Please note that BlackBerry phones do not play well with Apps that require Google Play integration as BlackBerry has not made any deals with Google to make this happen. Other Android manufacturers who run Google's operating system have signed on, so there may be some Apps you are still unable to run. For example: Netflix runs great but Candy crush from Snap now requires Google Play integration, whereas the Amazon version I downloaded does not. Some people around here have figured out some work around solutions for their favourite apps that are missing only a thing or two to get them to work. This is not something the average user will be interested in doing. Either it works or it doesn't. With that in mind, please enjoy your Z10. It's a great device. The only thing better in my mind is my shiny new Z30! Please be sure to give us the link to your review and please post any other questions you might have as most people here are quite happy to help.
    Levi_Asaiah likes this.
    05-21-14 03:17 PM
    Why not use imobile instead of snap - no need to sideload anything just download apks directly onto the q10 I have works great! I never got sideload to work btw very clumsy way to get apks.

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 06:40 PM
    Why not use imobile instead of snap - no need to sideload anything just download apks directly onto the q10 I have works great! I never got sideload to work btw very clumsy way to get apks.

Posted via CB10
    Once Snap is installed, it downloads and installs any apks -- no further side loading required. And Snap accesses the Google Play store directly, giving a wider range of apps to choose from than 1Mobile. And it has a better app icon.
    train82499 likes this.
    05-29-14 06:45 PM
    I should have said 1mobile.com.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-14 12:36 PM
    I like Snap because it sends Google Play Store a ghost Android ID to trick Google Play into seeing your device as an Android device running Android 4.2.2, and not any other versions. That way it only displays apps that are configured for that version of Android. A lot less trial and error that way.

Posted via CB10
    Ecm and nOinfoprovided like this.
    05-31-14 05:42 PM
    I primarily use snap, but use amazon app store for apps like candy crush
    05-31-14 05:44 PM
    I'm trying to learn how to load APK's myself, but I want to be able to just do OTA because if the fact I'm not ever near a computer for most of my day.

Posted via CB10
    06-01-14 08:46 AM
33 12