I will be travelling for a week or two so I will be relying on wifi hotspots to avoid roaming charges. My Z10 will be my exclusive email device while I travel. My email user name and passwords are all stored into my account settings on my Z10. Is there anyway for someone to steal my email login information via a hotspot? I am not sure because I think Gmail and Outlook.com use https connections and I don't actual enter a password to access any of my email in my Hub.

Thanks.
    05-21-14 08:11 AM
    I will be travelling for a week or two so I will be relying on wifi hotspots to avoid roaming charges. My Z10 will be my exclusive email device while I travel. My email user name and passwords are all stored into my account settings on my Z10. Is there anyway for someone to steal my email login information via a hotspot? I am not sure because I think Gmail and Outlook.com use https connections and I don't actual enter a password to access any of my email in my Hub.

Thanks.
    You are correct that Google and Outlook.Com both are probably using SSL/TLS to encrypt the connection between your phone and their servers. You can check in the account configuration advanced settings to make sure.

If that doesn't make you feel comfortable enough you can also subscribe to a VPN service which would bulk encrypt and forward all your internet connections through the VPN server and therefore away from anyone lurking on the hotspot.
    05-21-14 10:05 AM