While on wifi, I can hear the caller clearly but my voice comes out as incomprehensive "computer" sound. Has anybody experienced this? I have called tmob to no avail.

Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

All the best,

gb
    05-21-14 05:19 AM
    is this the first time you are using wifi calling? If not, has it worked before? Also, the 9900 is getting old, there might be something wrong with your phone already. However, try reinstalling the OS just in case.

I had the 9900 before and wifi calling always worked.
    05-21-14 06:38 AM
    is this the first time you are using wifi calling? If not, has it worked before? Also, the 9900 is getting old, there might be something wrong with your phone already. However, try reinstalling the OS just in case.

I had the 9900 before and wifi calling always worked.
    Thank you very much for your reply. Yes, it was working fine. For some reason a remember it was working with no issues until the last update of BBM, probably has nothing to do with it.

I have done several security wipe and still the same issue. I will do a search on how to reload the OS.

Thank you again.
    05-21-14 07:03 AM
    I am visiting Morocco and havve the same problem. I can hear them but they cannot hear me. Never had this problem before. Had not used wifi calling for some time. Have not updated and do not use BBM.
    05-26-14 12:46 AM
    I am visiting Morocco and havve the same problem. I can hear them but they cannot hear me. Never had this problem before. Had not used wifi calling for some time. Have not updated and do not use BBM.
    Very Interesting! Thank you very much BlazorBoy. Could you please give us an update whenever you are back?

And TMob is saying that is not an issue. I have spent several hours on the phone with Tmob and Bb representatives. I have reloaded the OS and the problem is still there.

Today during my last conversation with TMob tech support, the representative told me that it could be the software corrupted which has affected the registry. To my little knowledge, once the phone is reformatted and OS reloaded any software issue should be resolved. The only solution for them is to replace the device.

Any suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your time.

All the best,

gb

P.S. If there is anybody that has moved from the 9900 to Z10 (or Q10), that could share their experience with wifi. Thank you
    05-30-14 10:56 AM
    Just back, and wifi calling works well using my home's strong wifi signal. Often I cannot get the wifi calling feature to come up when on other wifi systems. Wifi calling is not as good as was the hardware approach in the 9700, as many have observed when the 9900 first came out.

Hope you get your to work, gb.

BB
    05-31-14 12:36 PM
    Just back, and wifi calling works well using my home's strong wifi signal. Often I cannot get the wifi calling feature to come up when on other wifi systems. Wifi calling is not as good as was the hardware approach in the 9700, as many have observed when the 9900 first came out.

Hope you get your to work, gb.

BB
    Well, I am back home and wifi calling works. I agree with you that the hardware approach on the previous models was much more reliable. The problem now is, how do we try to fix this? The all purpose of wifi is mainly to save during roaming and if it only works in the US it is defeating its pupose.

Any suggestions?

Thank you all for your time and input.

gb
    06-14-14 10:39 AM
    I have had the same problem. T-Mobile technical support acknowledged that many identical complaints have been received ans T-Mobile has been working to fix it. My question is for how long?
    BlazorBoy likes this.
    07-15-14 06:38 PM
    I have been having the same problem for a couple months now. It's happened on any wifi network I've been logged on to.
    07-17-14 01:56 PM
    I have been having the same problem with my T-Mobile 9900 for over two months. At first T-Mobile said that it must be the phone and they urged me to use my insurance to get a new phone. To my dismay they no longer had the 9900 available, so I ended up going on E-Bay and buying the same phone.

When I hooked up the new 9900 SAME PROBLEM. It was at this time that I called T-Mobile customer service instead of going into the store and they informed me that there was a problem with wifi calling with only Blackberry phones. They said they were working on the problem and hoped that it would be fixed by the 2nd week of July. In the meantime they sent me a signal booster.

The signal booster is garbage! It's very large and It will only work if you have a strong enough signal somewhere in your house that you can boost it to an area that doesn't have signal. So basically if you have no signal at your house then you can't boost something that's not there.

I called T-Mobile again today to find out the status of this problem and it appears that the ticket is still open, but T-Mobile is really doing nothing to resolve the problem. They no longer have a contract with Blackberry, so I don't think they really care about fixing this issue. Their suggestion to me was to get an Android phone. I advised them that I purchased a new phone two months ago because they told me mine was broke and that I was not about to buy another phone. They are now sending me a Samsung phone free of charge, but I am still not happy about not being able to use my Blackberry.

T-Mobile had suggested that I contact Blackberry to see if they had a software update of some sort. I called and the rep told me that it would be $49 to speak with a service tech and that I should have T-Mobile transfer me to avoid this fee. I told the rep the situation and how T-Mobile said that they no longer do business with Blackberry. He felt bad for me and put me on hold only to come back and tell me that wifi calling is not offered through all carriers and if it is not working on more than one phone then it is definitely an issue with the carrier and that they only way it will be fixed is if T-Mobile fixes it.

So basically your options are to switch carriers, switch to Android or just continue to try and get by without wifi calling.
    08-11-14 05:31 PM
    I have been having the same problem with my T-Mobile 9900 for over two months. At first T-Mobile said that it must be the phone and they urged me to use my insurance to get a new phone. To my dismay they no longer had the 9900 available, so I ended up going on E-Bay and buying the same phone.

When I hooked up the new 9900 SAME PROBLEM. It was at this time that I called T-Mobile customer service instead of going into the store and they informed me that there was a problem with wifi calling with only Blackberry phones. They said they were working on the problem and hoped that it would be fixed by the 2nd week of July. In the meantime they sent me a signal booster.

The signal booster is garbage! It's very large and It will only work if you have a strong enough signal somewhere in your house that you can boost it to an area that doesn't have signal. So basically if you have no signal at your house then you can't boost something that's not there.

I called T-Mobile again today to find out the status of this problem and it appears that the ticket is still open, but T-Mobile is really doing nothing to resolve the problem. They no longer have a contract with Blackberry, so I don't think they really care about fixing this issue. Their suggestion to me was to get an Android phone. I advised them that I purchased a new phone two months ago because they told me mine was broke and that I was not about to buy another phone. They are now sending me a Samsung phone free of charge, but I am still not happy about not being able to use my Blackberry.

T-Mobile had suggested that I contact Blackberry to see if they had a software update of some sort. I called and the rep told me that it would be $49 to speak with a service tech and that I should have T-Mobile transfer me to avoid this fee. I told the rep the situation and how T-Mobile said that they no longer do business with Blackberry. He felt bad for me and put me on hold only to come back and tell me that wifi calling is not offered through all carriers and if it is not working on more than one phone then it is definitely an issue with the carrier and that they only way it will be fixed is if T-Mobile fixes it.

So basically your options are to switch carriers, switch to Android or just continue to try and get by without wifi calling.
    Afaik TMo is the only US carrier to offer wifi calling. At least that was the case a few years ago. I get inconsistent wifi service at home and had none in Morocco a few months ago.

Good luck. Maybe Tmo will pick up bb again when the classic arrives.
    08-11-14 05:54 PM
    I called and was told it was the phone. I bought a new phone and have the same problem. When I called back last Thur I was told by tmobile it was a known problem with no fix in sight. Class action lawsuit time? I want compensation for the bug as this was the reason I went with tmobile and the 9900 (voice over wifi).
    10-10-14 10:56 AM