After months of no issues, my Z30 has started acting up. I first noticed it with the device not recognizing my microSD card. A reboot can fix this temporarily, but it does recur. Also, file manager is sometimes horribly slow in recognizing the device and SD card. And now, it will not allow RFA to my new computer (though it does allow RFA to my Surface and old laptop). This could be a settings thing on my new computer, but I can't find any way to deal with it. It seems as though these are all related issues, but I'm not certain.

Any suggestions?
    05-20-14 09:29 AM
    try hard resetting your device
    05-20-14 09:43 AM
    try hard resetting your device
    Tried that... didn't work.
    05-20-14 09:53 AM
    What size is your SD card? Does it work in a pc? Back it up and format it in the phone and then copy your files back. For rfa is link's device manager loading at startup? Does it work if you have link open?
    05-20-14 10:13 AM
    I found it, if the device can't see the data on the card, go to settings, then Storage and access. You the check to see if your SD card properties are displayed: 10.3gb of 15.9gb... etc.

If so, you now must shut down the phone, remove the card and use a reader to access it.

In the root directory you will see an encryption file that is usually using today's date and time. Delete this. I have deleted this about 8 or 9 times since the last OS update. Something seems to be Encrypting the sd card randomly. Usually for me after installing a program that accesses the sd card.

Put the sd card back in the phone. After starting, you'll see the sd card contents.

I have plugged in the card adapter into the USB plug on my Z30 and been able to read all of the contents which is how I found the encryption file.

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    niss63 likes this.
    05-21-14 09:44 AM
    Hi, all.

I've been frequenting these forums since I decided to buy a Z30 a few weeks ago. I received my phone on Saturday (June, 21st) and I've just been trying to get used to it (upgrading from a Torch). I started having this same issue today. It was after I encrypted my device data, not my media card. I had even set a song off my phone as my ring tone. Then it just all went to s***.

Currently I can see the data properties of my media card when it's in the phone, but it's all corrupted and I can't access the files from any other device (not the phone I recently removed it from and not from my laptop with an adapter). My media card is a 16GB card I've been using for the past 14 months.

I've seen a lot of post from people with this same issue. I get the impression that there was a certain amount of denial that it really exists with this phone, but it's happening to too many of us.

I've slowly accepting that I may have lost all my pictures and documents; my music is all retrievable, but this problem needs resolving because losing all one's pictures and files is a really bitter pill to swallow. Not to mention that it a really bad mark on a great phone.

I had sworn off buying another Blackberry device but I bought this one because of the rave reviews and I like the phone. Some of the issues others have might not affect me because my needs are basic and I consider data storage to be one of the most important basic needs.

This issue really needs attention. I guess my only choice right now is to format the media card but then what happens the next time, and how long will it take for this problem to recur?

Grateful for any help. Thanks.
    06-23-14 09:27 PM
    Guys, this is what I did
    I did 2 things and then Blackberry Link's Remove File Access feature IMMEDIATELY started working.
    First, My computer with link is running windows 7
    open "Services"
    Find the service called "RIM MDNS"
    Right Click and then click properties
    Under startup type confirm it reads "automatic"
    If NOT RFA WILL NOT FUNCTION
    Set startup type to automatic.
    Then under service status confirm it reads "STOPPED"
    If so left click start to start this service.
    After wards left click "OK"
    Next do the same thing for the service called "Blackberry Link Communication Manager":
    Right Click and then click properties
    Under startup type confirm it reads "automatic"
    If NOT RFA WILL NOT FUNCTION
    Set startup type to automatic.
    Then under service status confirm it reads "STOPPED"
    If so left click start to start this service.
    After wards left click "OK"
    After I did all this RFA, remote file access immediately started working with or without my wifi being on.
    You can all thank me personally on my facebook page I'm on facebook
    my "tag" is sonicfan2020
    so the web address is facebook . com / sonicfan2020
    just like put a message on my wall saying thanks and refer to this post.
    if it doesn't work let me know cause mine stopped working and I did this and then it started working.
    P.S. this is my third post on crackberry and I love these forums and I am just glad that I might me able to help my fellow BB users for a change.
    08-12-14 11:32 PM