Is there any?
    05-20-14 04:25 AM
    That's probably too broad a question, it's too subjective. Different people have different ideas of what needs to improve.
    Better to indicate what you're looking for in terms of improvement or enhancement.
    moyah8 likes this.
    05-20-14 06:30 AM
    Nop sadly, I wish I can only sync facebook picutres with my contacts.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-14 06:33 AM
    BlackBerry will never fix their contact mess.. It should've been done in 10.1 and my friends at blackberry won't even admit there is a problem,they are still in denial.

pooar, Doggerz, Alvin Loh and 4 others like this.
    05-20-14 07:14 AM
    BlackBerry will never fix their contact mess.. It should've been done in 10.1 and my friends at blackberry won't even admit there is a problem,they are still in denial.

That is sad to read.
    moyah8 and Gerii like this.
    05-20-14 07:19 AM
    @bdot that's a real shame. Just this morning I tried to make a call and the contact I was looking for was missing. It happens all the time, I really can't depend on my Z10, have to have my iPad with me always just in case. BES10 activated, which makes it even worse. Several folks at my work who upgraded to a BB10 phone at launch have since switched to android or iPhone just because of this issue. I'll look for improvements in 10.3, but if they're not there, I'm going to have to do the same.

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    05-20-14 07:20 AM
    Guys I have had my contacts on my Hotmail account since the conception of Hotmail, and I've had zero problems with bb10 synching with it.

I've never used "local contacts" and don't see the reason why one does.

Please ide love to know what kind of problems do you guys face.

I have 736 contacts fully cleaned up with emails phones accounts etc.

I don't think I belong to the Uber connected category but close to a thousand is fair I guess.

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    Mozdony, moyah8, diegonei and 2 others like this.
    05-20-14 07:24 AM
    My only gripe with contacts at the moment, because I sync all of mine to Outlook.com and Exchange, is that the display option of "Last name, First name" displays contacts as "Last name First name".

They need to add a comma in the actual display of contacts if you select the display mode of "Last name, First name". I have more than one person that has two words for either a first or last name, and I always have to try and remember which is which (I sick at names in general).

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    jpvj likes this.
    05-20-14 07:36 AM
    No improvement to contacts app at present, sadly.

Actually had one of my first issues with it just recently. Changed bank and got a couple of text confirmations from my new bank. Both showed up as a LinkedIn contact called Hakeem (old friend I haven't spoken to in a year)!

I checked and re-checked Hakeem's contacts entry and could find absolutely nothing that might have confused the contacts app. Really, really bizarre.

Posted via CB10
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    05-20-14 07:40 AM
    Please don't do that to me... please rename that thread.
    Coming here, full of hope that contacts have been redone for 10.3....

Yeah I know.. lets face it... stupid me.
    Guess I might go through another grief cycle...
    05-20-14 07:45 AM
    This is most distressing, to know that the contact folder is giving so many problems.

I have had my Z10 since March 2013 and right through I have been having problems with my contact folder.

I used to have some of the same problems with my Torch 9800, but I would like to know, that first and foremost, regardless of what type of phone a phone is, what should be stable is the contacts folder.

1st problem) For no apparent reason should you lose a contact, it is a phone.

2nd problem) contact comes back, but may be separated from their folder.

3rd problem) duplicates of contact information, and not just two or four, but even 20 and 40 of the same phone numbers and emails. To be honest, it is just the numbers and emails, but why.

4th problem) when you do get the number back and try to add it, your phone just doesn't accept it, to make things worse, no messages of why.

You get applications claiming to help you sort it all out, and all I've come across speak a lot of jargon, when all we want is; up, down, right, left, press and hold as our instructions and then even the app that you've most possibly paid for, starts adding to what you already want to clear.

As I mentioned a little earlier, first and foremost, this is a phone, we expect to be able to contact; family, friends, services and business. It doesn't matter if you got the info on a piece of paper somewhere, it should be on your phone, to add, anywhere possible to make contact.

Am tired of sorting out my contacts folder and I should not have to with the other important stuff I need to do.

I particularly don't do games, work and study is my thing and I should be making contacts not sorting contacts.
    After manually editing my contacts

To find help, is hard work also, as no one wants to tackle this subject, if am doing something wrong, tell me. It won't make me any less of a man but it should make me a better man.

jtvberry
    05-20-14 05:15 PM
    What really bugs me, is that I have absolutely no clue what's happening to my contacts, no feedback or interactions or anything.
    I can just watch them merge, split and duplicate...

Posted via CB10
    Alvin Loh, jimmyt1, jtv1 and 1 others like this.
    05-20-14 05:18 PM
    Endevour

I thought when it merged, it didn't give you the same details duplicated, I thought it would discard any info unnecessary. Merging is a definite no no

jtvberry
    05-20-14 06:11 PM
    In bbos it worked well, what changed?

jtv1 likes this.
    05-20-14 07:38 PM
    This is the very point, I love my bb but contact folder messing up and no directions from the phone or someone to put a finger on it, I'd hate to say scared to put a finger on it.

No clear contacts button would help, but the fact that the phone is to hold contacts is obviously not a needed feature. Well right now this is a feature of the future and well needed.

jtvberry
    05-20-14 08:18 PM
    In bbos it worked well, what changed?

The entire operating system and every application inside it, including the contacts app. :-)

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    moyah8 likes this.
    05-20-14 08:58 PM
    Guys I have had my contacts on my Hotmail account since the conception of Hotmail, and I've had zero problems with bb10 synching with it.

I've never used "local contacts" and don't see the reason why one does.

Please ide love to know what kind of problems do you guys face.

I have 736 contacts fully cleaned up with emails phones accounts etc.

I don't think I belong to the Uber connected category but close to a thousand is fair I guess.

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    most people do. especially the people who don't know much about phones and they just throw their contacts in. They don't want to find duplicated info, contacts, missing contacts and etc. I hate how everyone of this site thinks everyone should be a phone elite and top priority.

This is probably the worst contacts app/phone book out of any OS and they haven't touched it since 10.1 or even 10.0.

BB is supposed to dominate with communication and productivity. They are missing so much in this department right now.

They should be taking notes from this app https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...d=com.easilydo

Iphone app company innovated the sh*t out of BB10 HUB called Acompli Email App for iPhone. It even has Microsoft Exchange...

They need to step it up :P I love my Z30 obviously but come on BB people are catching up to your KEY features...
    Last edited by khehl; 05-20-14 at 10:47 PM.
    05-20-14 10:28 PM
    That's probably too broad a question, it's too subjective. Different people have different ideas of what needs to improve.
    Better to indicate what you're looking for in terms of improvement or enhancement.
    Oh My..
    Probably by now you would have known what sort of improvements are needed
    05-21-14 12:16 AM

Can you ask your friends at BlackBerry at least to provide us the documentation on Contact App behavior?
    It may provide us some clues to move on
    05-21-14 12:32 AM
    Please don't do that to me... please rename that thread.
    Coming here, full of hope that contacts have been redone for 10.3....

Yeah I know.. lets face it... stupid me.
    Guess I might go through another grief cycle...
    Sorry for that. but it is exactly the intention. To put our grief to CB and BB.

Unfortunately, I have not seen any CB articles also on this
    05-21-14 12:35 AM
    No improvement to contacts app at present, sadly.

Actually had one of my first issues with it just recently. Changed bank and got a couple of text confirmations from my new bank. Both showed up as a LinkedIn contact called Hakeem (old friend I haven't spoken to in a year)!

I checked and re-checked Hakeem's contacts entry and could find absolutely nothing that might have confused the contacts app. Really, really bizarre.

Posted via CB10
    This seems to be a new issue I haven't seen in these forums.

Welcome aboard!
    05-21-14 12:37 AM
    This is most distressing, to know that the contact folder is giving so many problems.

I have had my Z10 since March 2013 and right through I have been having problems with my contact folder.

I used to have some of the same problems with my Torch 9800, but I would like to know, that first and foremost, regardless of what type of phone a phone is, what should be stable is the contacts folder.

1st problem) For no apparent reason should you lose a contact, it is a phone.

2nd problem) contact comes back, but may be separated from their folder.

3rd problem) duplicates of contact information, and not just two or four, but even 20 and 40 of the same phone numbers and emails. To be honest, it is just the numbers and emails, but why.

4th problem) when you do get the number back and try to add it, your phone just doesn't accept it, to make things worse, no messages of why.

You get applications claiming to help you sort it all out, and all I've come across speak a lot of jargon, when all we want is; up, down, right, left, press and hold as our instructions and then even the app that you've most possibly paid for, starts adding to what you already want to clear.

As I mentioned a little earlier, first and foremost, this is a phone, we expect to be able to contact; family, friends, services and business. It doesn't matter if you got the info on a piece of paper somewhere, it should be on your phone, to add, anywhere possible to make contact.

Am tired of sorting out my contacts folder and I should not have to with the other important stuff I need to do.

I particularly don't do games, work and study is my thing and I should be making contacts not sorting contacts.
    After manually editing my contacts

To find help, is hard work also, as no one wants to tackle this subject, if am doing something wrong, tell me. It won't make me any less of a man but it should make me a better man.

jtvberry
    Oops! You have lived all through these problems for the last 15 months!! Great, I should say.
    I did for 2 or 3 months, tried to sort out 2 times and gave up. My secondary 9780 is where I am managing contacts now, until BBRY will do something. Or can they do?
    jtv1 likes this.
    05-21-14 12:44 AM
    Hi all

BlackBerry is working on different parts of the contacts app and functionality. Features are not even final at the moment.

I am currently reporting different errors related to contacts to BlackBerry but they are hard to reproduce so all I can do is to document them with screenshots and hopefully BlackBerry can figure out what is going on.

The issues I have reported are:
    - wrong names shown in call log but correct number (phone app)
    - wrong number dialed when contact called
    - wrong contact shown when doing a redial.
    - incorrect linking of contacts (improved on 10.2 though)

Seems like the made the contacts handling too complicated to implement without bugs...
    05-21-14 01:12 AM
    Just tweeted BlackBerryHelp about this. Let's see if we can get them to pass this stuff on and get some dialogue..

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 02:44 AM
    This seems to be a new issue I haven't seen in these forums.

Welcome aboard!
    It has been reported before - I've posted on threads here that others have created concerning the same.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-14 02:45 AM
177 123 ...