Okay, this has been annoying me for a while now but given that Link just decided to copy a bunch of old files on top of newer ones (and thereby lose me several hours of work!) I think it's time to take the bull by the horns and sort things out correctly.

I'm running Windows 7 and BlackBerry Link 1.2.3.48

My issue is as follows. I have a folder on my PC (D:\Work\Documents) which I'd like to sync with my BlackBerry's MicroSD Card. I'd like it to do this both using the wired or wireless connection. No matter what I've tried, Link keeps on screwing this up. I'm asking for something pretty simple. If I change or add a file on either my PC or BlackBerry, it should be copied over to the other machine. Have I been able to do this? Nope. What I have managed to achieve?

1) I've managed to get the BlackBerry to copy files to My Documents\Name of my BlackBerry
    2) I've managed to get the BlackBerry to copy files to D:\Name of my BlackBerry
    3) I've managed to get the BlackBerry to copy files to D:\Work\Name of my BlackBerry
    4) I've managed to get the BlackBerry to copy files from D:\Work\Documents but never update the versions on the PC regardless of however much I update the ones on the BlackBerry
    5) I've managed to get the BlackBerry to somehow copy the old files from D:\Work\Documents on top of my newer ones, losing me several hours of work.

Quite frankly, I don't think setting up a sync relationship should be this hard. I don't think my BlackBerry should be insisting on creating a folder on my PC named after itself (for instance, what would I do if I had two BlackBerrys then?) and I'm not the slightest bit interested in any solution that requires me to move my files on the PC.

So, what the hell am I doing wrong that it's giving me such a hard time to do this. And if the problem isn't me and is actually with BlackBerry Link, what should I be using to sync my BlackBerry instead?
    05-20-14 02:43 AM
    Just when you get it working right... there will be an update to either your Phone, LINK or your computer OS....

LINK works most times to "keep" things synced, but you do have to watch it and make sure something doesn't cause an issue.

But I like OneDrive (Microsoft). It's a Cloud Storage App (like BOX, Drop Box, SurgarSync) that works very well with Windows and there is a BlackBerry App that adds OneDrive to your File Manager. You'll need a connection to access the file, they aren't stored on the Media Card. But if you save the files to your OneDrive Folder(s) then you have access pretty much anywhere. Your just limited to the size of the storage.
    05-20-14 09:02 AM