Does anyone have a fitness tracker similar to the fitbit that will actually sync with BB10? I'm using a Z30 and would like to get a fitness tracker or smart watch that actually syncs

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 07:42 AM
    FitBit syncs with 10.3
    Load the leak and you should be able to use it with your phone. Waiting for my check to buy myself a FitBit
    05-18-14 07:51 AM
    Anyone try the Garmin Vivofit?
    05-18-14 09:33 AM
    Just bought a fitbit flex.....looking forward to logging the activity on it....cant wait for BB10 app that syncs automatically!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 02:40 PM
    I have the Jawbone UP24 which needs iOS or android 4.3 to sync. Will have to wait to see if it ever works with Blackberry.

Posted via my Nexus 10.
    05-18-14 03:21 PM
    Anybody hear anything about an update for these yet?
    Or do any of the watches sync to BlackBerry 10 yet?

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 08:45 PM
    Anyone try the Garmin Vivofit?
    I just ordered one actually. The features blow the Flex away. I'm most looking forward to not having to charge it every 4 days.

Posted via CB10
    05-28-14 11:48 PM
    Will you be able to sync it with BB10?

Posted via CB10
    05-29-14 01:53 PM
    Will you be able to sync it with BB10?

Posted via CB10
    I guess I will find out when it's back in stock and they ship it.

I have the Garmin Android app on my phone already but my current watch doesn't do wireless sync.

I find the Fitbit App to be more user friendly than the Garmin one so far, the opposite is true for the actual devices. The Flex is fairly feature light while the Garmin is everything I want in an activity tracker.

I will update when the Vivofit is actually here and I've done the same 10.3 updating that enabled people to sync the Fitbit.

Posted via CB10
    kidkamel likes this.
    05-29-14 03:20 PM
    I guess I will find out when it's back in stock and they ship it.

I have the Garmin Android app on my phone already but my current watch doesn't do wireless sync.

I find the Fitbit App to be more user friendly than the Garmin one so far, the opposite is true for the actual devices. The Flex is fairly feature light while the Garmin is everything I want in an activity tracker.

I will update when the Vivofit is actually here and I've done the same 10.3 updating that enabled people to sync the Fitbit.

Posted via CB10
    Keep us updated. I would like to know if full app capabilities will be available. One of the reasons what attracted me the Vivofit was the golf feature. I was reading somewhere that the golf feature is not fully compatible with the Android App just iOS.

What turns me away from the device is the App, I also read it's not other app friendly. For example with my Fitbit I can link MyFitnessPal and a few other apps.

Posted via CB10
    05-31-14 02:02 AM
    I just picked the Garmin VivoFit and was happy to see the Garmin Connect app on Z10/10.3 shows VivoFit will support Bluetooth sync on my device (!!). But the problem I have is when I go to "add device" it does not find it!!!

When I try to pair from the BlackBerry Bluetooth settings it finds it (but obviously does not pair since you need to pair from the Garmin app). So the vivofit is in pairing mode its just the Garmin Connect app will not fint it.....

Has anyone succeeded in connecting under OS 10.3?
    06-05-14 08:54 PM
    Well mine hasn't come in yet, cause I was picky and ordered the bundle with the premium HRM. I was fiddling around with the app the other day and I had forgotten about how many things on it that are dependent on Google Play services.

Not so sure about being able to get it to fully work with BB10 now. But for me the advantages still outweigh the disadvantages.

On my Fitbit Flex, I have no screen, just the five lights and I can't tell you how many times it's died on me on the weekend when I forgot my charging dongle at work. I'm so looking forward to having the readout. The HRM and just replacing the battery instead of having to remember to charge it every 4 days.

Hopefully the app will improve. Whether it works with BB10 or not, it could use a few more features.

I loved my first Fitbit. Then I upgraded to the Flex. And although I love that it's easily wearable, it's fallen way short of my expectations. My old clip on one tracked way more stuff, but I kept smashing it and or forgetting it was clipped to my pants and washing it.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-14 11:03 PM
    I just picked the Garmin VivoFit and was happy to see the Garmin Connect app on Z10/10.3 shows VivoFit will support Bluetooth sync on my device (!!). But the problem I have is when I go to "add device" it does not find it!!!

When I try to pair from the BlackBerry Bluetooth settings it finds it (but obviously does not pair since you need to pair from the Garmin app). So the vivofit is in pairing mode its just the Garmin Connect app will not fint it.....

Has anyone succeeded in connecting under OS 10.3?
    Have that same issue using the Jawbone UP24. I got to finish a complete pair once but then never again. I did find it a few times later but never finished the pairing. Hope it's just because this a not full featured released and it will end up working.
    07-03-14 01:02 PM
    i'm liking the atlas fitness tracker,
    i'll probably hold out for that when it releases later this year

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/a...s-your-workout
    07-03-14 02:53 PM
    while on the topic here, is there any app that works with the nike+ fuel band and BB10?
    07-15-14 08:39 AM
    First of all, I have the Fitbit Force and love it. I've had it for a while now and it's comfortable and easy to use.

Secondly, the Fitbit app (minus the synchronization) works fine on 10.2.1. I would advise anyone NOT to load 10.3 just for the Fitbit synchronization. It's not worth it due to 10.3's instability as a daily driver.

Wait it out a little longer and be happy to have access to the app for now.

PM me if you are looking for some Fitbit friends or BBM me pin:33456A56. Hopefully, we can all motivate each other with a 10k steps challenge.

Posted via CB10
    tr1ad and bbquincar like this.
    07-15-14 08:48 AM
    found the nike fuelband android app that was recently released for android on the 1mobile market, a bit buggy but it syncs effortlessly
    07-15-14 09:09 AM
    I finally got my Vivofit. Been using it as well as my Fitbit Flex. The Vivofit is by far my favorite tracker now. That display is everything that I was missing with my Flex.

Couldn't get the connect app to sync. Actually it doesn't sync so great with the computer version either, BUT, for my uses I find I don't care, as I can actually see the daily totals on my wrist anyway. The Flex, not so much.

Thought I'd just leave that little update. Maybe someday the Vivofit will sync. Until then I'm good with it, cause it's a easy to read little tracker.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 09:15 AM
    I have the fit bit one which I like. I wanted a wrist strap o � but with my work I would get paint and drywall mud or use glue on it so I opted for the one I like it. Works really well just have to remember when you change your cloths to take it with you. It does sync with 10.2.1 but only after you sync with computer. It did connect blue tooth but doesn't do anything. The my fitness app sync with the fit bit app which is nice. My wife has the vivo fit which see likes if she could have gotten the force she would have as see likes the display. she is still holding out on updating to ios7 so she can't sync at all
    I really want the razer band. But not released yet

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 09:54 AM
    Resurrecting an old conversation to report...

My Garmin Vivofit now syncs flawlessly with the Garmin Connect app. I loaded the 10.3 leak on my Z10 last night and this morning it paired and synced as though it was a native app.

I am soooo happy now. Especially since my Fitbit drowned in the lake on Sunday.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-14 09:25 AM
    I bought a Garmin Vivofit last week. The thing won't pair with my laptop (enterprise), my IPAD (2) and I haven't even tried to pair or sync with BB10.3 (my Passport) Having invested 10 plus hours (several with Garmin's tech people) that I will never get back; I'm pretty fed up. Does anyone know new news about native apps or update of Bluetooth functionality on BB?
    08-18-15 11:15 AM
    I like my Mio - HR, Steps, Distance, etc. App works on my Z10 and Passport. HR syncs with CascaRun.
    08-18-15 11:57 AM
    My whole family have FitBit Flexes or Charges and they sync perfectly with the Fitbit app, from Amazon, with our Z30s but are buggy with our one Z10. We all have fun competing as Fitbit Friends.

BB, Still the One
    08-18-15 12:16 PM
    My whole family have FitBit Flexes or Charges and they sync perfectly with the Fitbit app, from Amazon, with our Z30s but are buggy with our one Z10. We all have fun competing as Fitbit Friends.

BB, Still the One
    I got the surge and it doesn't sync with the Z10. But I'm still on 10.2.1 still.

 Z10,STL100-3/10.2.1.2156
    08-18-15 12:22 PM