Had enough of the above mentioned issue. BlackBerry better rectify or loose another loyalist and unpaid brand ambassador.

Need I say anything more.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 04:44 AM
    I never had that issue. I still have my 9810 and battery lasts for more than a day even with 3G on.

Posted via Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Intense Soul likes this.
    05-18-14 04:55 AM
    BlackBerry Q10 here, no crazy PIM battery drain, ever...

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor and AndrewOrlowski like this.
    05-18-14 05:28 AM
    I have never experienced any PIM issues since the 14yrs of my owning and using various BB phones.
    Unless you have other bones with BlackBerry, have you phone replaced.

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    05-18-14 05:49 AM
    "ditch" is a strong word. Switching is not a bad move to do. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
    hobbyboy#CB likes this.
    05-18-14 05:51 AM
    Never had problems with the old OS it's only with BlackBerry 10. If ignorant would only try and Google before just defending

Posted via CB10
    anon(5828343) likes this.
    05-18-14 06:20 AM
    I searched for blackberry pim battery drain. 2 links came up and both for the Q on Google. Doesn't seem to be such a big issue as you make out.

Have you tried anything to resolve it?
    bungaboy and DocDRM like this.
    05-18-14 06:25 AM
    Never had an issue with pim either. Did you try reloading the os?

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor likes this.
    05-18-14 06:27 AM
    I get 16 hours of heavy use on my Z30.

What magic phone are you thinking of moving to?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.296/442bars
    sk8er_tor, stevepar and JG_Agustin like this.
    05-18-14 06:31 AM
    Had enough of the above mentioned issue. BlackBerry better rectify or loose another loyalist and unpaid brand ambassador.

Posted via CB10
    With you on this one. hate it to lock down my phone like this. why should we have to delete and re add accounts, do security wipes, and reload softwares.
    I had PIM issues when I got the phone for about a day or two. But reloaded OS and all has been well ever since. Even with Gmail setup

Posted via CB10
    I searched for blackberry pim battery drain. 2 links came up and both for the Q on Google. Doesn't seem to be such a big issue as you make out.

Have you tried anything to resolve it?
    Weird. I tried searching CrackBerry and found a minimum of 10 pages of results on various BB10 devices.
    Search | CrackBerry.com
    05-18-14 06:37 AM
    Weird. I tried searching CrackBerry and found a minimum of 10 pages of results on various BB10 devices.
    Search | CrackBerry.com
    I searched Google as OP said. The rest of the links are all for legacy. Ok 3 or 4 about the q, I'm not counting every repeat CB thread on the same subject.

After 16 years of BlackBerry will finally ditch it if PIM battery drain issue is not taken care of-screenshot-20-.png
    bungaboy, PJD642 and eldricho like this.
    05-18-14 06:50 AM

Posted via CB10
    What BlackBerry 10 device do you own? Z30, Z10, Q10 or Q5?

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    05-18-14 06:52 AM
    I searched Google as OP said. The rest of the links are all for legacy. Ok 3 or 4 about the q, I'm not counting every repeat CB thread on the same subject.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot (20).png 
Views:	2767 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	271619
    Yes, I agree that the OP stated Google.
    I just feel better results on a specific BlackBerry matter would be found on the most well known BlackBerry site.
    I also notice from your screen shot that those results are from Bing in your browser? IDK.
    Anyway, I agree that repeated threads should not be counted towards a total result; however, if you look at the results I posted on the first three pages alone mention almost every device separately.

Not knocking you down. I just know I have seen a lot of threads here on CB about PIM services battery drain.
    Way more than just only 2 threads for the Q, and that's from memory alone.
    05-18-14 07:01 AM
    Yes, I agree that the OP stated Google.
    I just feel better results on a specific BlackBerry matter would be found on the most well known BlackBerry site.
    I also notice from your screen shot that those results are from Bing in your browser? IDK.
    Anyway, I agree that repeated threads should not be counted towards a total result; however, if you look at the results I posted on the first three pages alone mention almost every device separately.

Not knocking you down. I just know I have seen a lot of threads here on CB about PIM services battery drain.
    Way more than just only 2 threads for the Q, and that's from memory alone.
    For sure and yes it's bing cause I prefer it. On CB there are always 50 threads on the same thing and they could be just 1 thread if people searched lol n
    05-18-14 07:13 AM
    "ditch" is a strong word. Switching is not a bad move to do. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.
    The grass is greener until you switch. IOS is good for some but it's soo boring and Android while you can customise it, it often feels cumbersome. I have little desire to customise bb10

Sent from the ocean using my waterproof Z10
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    05-18-14 07:14 AM
    Make it happen. Thanks for the share.
    Bla1ze and DocDRM like this.
    05-18-14 07:20 AM
    For sure and yes it's bing cause I prefer it. On CB there are always 50 threads on the same thing and they could be just 1 thread if people searched lol n
    Hmmm. I apologize then. Because I was going from your apparent correction of my post stating I searched CB when you stated...
    I searched Google as OP said.
    Maybe my eyes are bad or something... Sorry.

Anyway, as stated, there are many DIFFERENT results available from a Google or CrackBerry search for PIM battery drain.
    Not just repeated search results for the Q. There are threads for pretty much all BB10 devices and OSs.
    Bing may not show all of them, since the search engine for CB *is* Google.
    05-18-14 07:28 AM
    I used to have battery drain and PIM was part of the reason. Someone in Crackberry helped me on this. Now I got great battery life on my ATT Q10. My phone was trying to sync the contact and emails all the time. It's not necessary. Probably because there were Google contacts that were bad. Anyway, I changed the setting of contacts and it syncs every 24 hrs. I disable the location services, etc.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 07:34 AM
    Help me on how you resolved it. How do you set contacts to sync every 24 houes.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 07:57 AM
    Swipe down from the top->Settings->Accounts->Your email account with the contacts that you wish to edit the sync interval for.
    At the bottom of that email account page is where you can change the sync intervals.

HTH.
    05-18-14 08:07 AM

Posted via CB10
    weiBerry, Please hurry and help this guy before we "loose another loyalist and unpaid brand ambassador"
    sbx9900 and bruce73 like this.
    05-18-14 08:11 AM
    OK fair point, and what if there is only 3-4 CB "threads on the same subject" but there is significant number of people in each thread stating the same issue.

Is that less of an issue than repeat threads with a couple of people in each one saying they have same concern?

Hey, are you part of that old mis-Information Ministry?
    05-18-14 08:15 AM
    This is good advice. Also, syncing too many contacts causes issues with duplicate contacts for some. Fix two birds with one stone. Although I have 3 email accounts and use my Z10 mostly for messaging I have never had a PIM drain issue but I have seen it on here from quite a few people. I do think it has to do with their individual accounts and the settings. Perhaps post what type of accounts you have and also what your messaging usage is throughout the day and maybe we can get a better idea as to why your phone drains so heavily.

From what I'm hearing the new 10.3 leaks are showing promising improvements to battery drain. We will have to wait and see though.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 08:17 AM
84 123 ...