I had the Z10 since the day it released on Verizon until about 2 days ago when I got a Z30. In that year+ I got *maybe* 5 positive comments about my phone. However, since getting my Z30 a couple days ago, I have received 8 comments about how nice my phone is. They ask me what phone I have and if I like it better than the iPhone, instead of the typical "why don't you have an iPhone".

Most of the interest has to do with the big beautiful screen. Even though the Z10 has a higher ppi, the Z30 has an unexplainable beauty to its screen. When I showed someone a video of their son spiking on someone in volleyball, that I shot with my Z30 camera, they were blown away!

BlackBerry really screwed up with BB10. They should have sold the Z10 for $350 off contract and went for market share, then sold the Z30 as their high end profit gaining device. Its frustrating, because if they went with this approach, people would have a much different perception of BB10 right now.

The Z30 needs to be shown to more people! They should at least do minimal advertising in the US before Apple announces the bigger iPhone so people at least notice that BlackBerry is ahead of Apple with some stuff. Right now, no average consumer in the US even knows that the Z30 exists. They have no idea that the best BlackBerry smartphone (arguably the best of all smartphones) even exists.

Posted via CB10
    lazypapichulo21 likes this.
    05-17-14 08:53 AM
    Yup. I have seen zero adverts. And I have yet to see one live in the street.
    05-17-14 09:00 AM
    I get why they didn't mass market the Z30, but they need to at least do something to let people know that the phone exists. A commercial here and there will be better than nothing. Over advertising is not going to go well, but no advertising will be just as bad they need to at least let people know that BlackBerry still exist and has cutting edge devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 09:04 AM
    The Z30 is just a trial run for the eventual Z50. The Z50 should be the phone with no weaknesses (latest HW, 1080p, long lasting battery, high percentage of android app support plus new native apps coming on board every day, along with a more polished OS 10.3.1). This is the phone they need to market. The Z30 came out with 10.2 so there was no direct APK installs at the time of release. It really made no sense to advertise this phone on launch as people would have scoffed at it due to lack of apps.
    05-17-14 09:27 AM
    The Z30 is just a trial run for the eventual Z50. The Z50 should be the phone with no weaknesses (latest HW, 1080p, long lasting battery, high percentage of android app support plus new native apps coming on board every day, along with a more polished OS 10.3.1). This is the phone they need to market. The Z30 came out with 10.2 so there was no direct APK installs at the time of release. It really made no sense to advertise this phone on launch as people would have scoffed at it due to lack of apps.
    I get your point, but BlackBerry needs to be gaining market share before they are able to release a killer phone that will blow people away. Microsoft and BlackBerry were in very similar positions and BlackBerry did everything wrong while MS, with an inferior OS, has managed to do things right and gain market share. The best advertisements a company can have is having people see other people with their products.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 10:25 AM
    They're busy selling to Enterprise Businesses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    Traxxmy likes this.
    05-17-14 11:04 AM
    I like my Z30. It should be advertised. I am sure it has the longest battery life. That alone is worth 10 seconds on national TV. I am really surprised. In Italy I can not find a Z30.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 12:09 PM
    Another thing BlackBerry should do is get these carriers to update the phones. I was at an AT&T store yesterday playing around with the demo phones and saw that the BlackBerry's were still on 10.0 software.

Powered by my BlackBerry (Z10). Join my #BBM Channels C001227CF, C00476C37, C003829C9, C002454C9,C002190AC, C00120CE3
    05-17-14 01:46 PM
    I was on an 8 mile hike in a local park with the scouts today, and needed to check our bearings. Out of 3 iPhone 5s, and my Z30, I was the only one who had a decent GPS signal and enough battery to get a good, sustained reading.

Our scout master commented that he was thinking about getting an Android too, what kind was it? When I explained to him that it wasn't an Android, but a BlackBerry Z30, he commented, "I didn't know that BlackBerry had anything like that. And the screen is huge too." I told him that BlackBerry doesn't advertise. And he said that they need to, and that he might consider getting one when his upgrade is available.

Later on I was having a beer and a cigar on my deck with another friend, and went on my phone to check something that we were talking about, and had to get past the picture password, and that about blew him away. He is also an iPhone guy, and made similar comments to the scout master.

The Z30 is the best kept secret in cellular. BlackBerry needs to change that.

Posted via CB10
    lazypapichulo21 likes this.
    05-17-14 04:57 PM
    I will never understand why BlackBerry didn't marketing the z30 like grazy. It's there highend device and for all the reviews I read about it a killer phone. BB 10 is just great, so is the z10 and q10. BlackBerry has amazing products but still are not able to get back on top....

posted via my Z10 ?
    05-17-14 05:07 PM
    More people like you helps, word of mouth and real time use is advertising. Formula 1 Mercedes gets international brand exposure. Send out photos of the podium winners from the last 5 races.Tell people BlackBerry owns QNX and get them to search "30 ways QNX touches your life"

Z30 144GB
    05-17-14 05:27 PM
    I get teased by my coworkers of how big the phone is on my hip, but that's because I use an Otterbox Defender. I take it out of the case and they see its not so bad.

Then again they are all pushing me to get a Windows phone so I can join the cool kids club (its the company phone). :-)

Everyone else I show mine too think it's awesome. My wife says it's too big though so I keep pushing her to use my Z10.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    Last edited by HotFix; 05-17-14 at 06:18 PM.
    05-17-14 06:06 PM
    I loved my z30 and I bought six in the last month and a half and sold them all to friends and clients who played with the device and had to have it.

I had to sell my z30 and go back to IOS because two of my main clients no longer support Blackberry devices on their email servers and have custom apps which only work on IOS which they all have migrated to.

It crushed me to give up my z30, but until Blackberry can reestablish the brand here and show the consumer they are here to stay, it's only going to get worse before it improves. That's just the way it is at this point in time here in the USA.

Sent using the CB Forum app
    05-17-14 06:22 PM
    The first time people see my phone is a blackberry they HATE IT, but once I really shoe then around the phone they start to really appreciate it for all the awesome stuff it can do

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 06:29 PM
    It is sad that so many are unaware of the Z30's existence.
    05-17-14 07:53 PM
    I get your point, but BlackBerry needs to be gaining market share before they are able to release a killer phone that will blow people away. Microsoft and BlackBerry were in very similar positions and BlackBerry did everything wrong while MS, with an inferior OS, has managed to do things right and gain market share. The best advertisements a company can have is having people see other people with their products.

Posted via CB10
    MS gained all their market share with the Lumina 520. It was the low end off contract phone that helped them. Hopefully the Z3 can do the same thing for Blackberry.
    05-17-14 09:49 PM
    I still do not understand the reluctance of BB to market their devices and their benefits. There are many conversations on this site about how those of us that have BB10 devices are stunning friends and coworkers with the abilities and functions of these phones. We cannot be the only voice(s) if this brand is to regain traction! /rant
    05-17-14 10:10 PM

BlackBerry really screwed up with BB10. They should have sold the Z10 for $350 off contract and went for market share, then sold the Z30 as their high end profit gaining device. Its frustrating, because if they went with this approach, people would have a much different perception of BB10 right now.

Posted via CB10
    Ah, I had these same thoughts in the says leading up to the official unveil. I kept hoping they would nail pricing in such a way that would undercut most competitors substantially. I was also hoping they would use the PlayBook as a stopgap between the launch and the actual selling of devices to consumers by updating it to BB10 the same day. Alas, none happened.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 01:29 AM