Okay, slap me, this is my first Blackberry. Why didn't someone pull me aside earlier and tell what I was missing.

In trying to change the notification/settings for text messages and emails, so far the only options I can see I'm presented with are "None, Tone, Vibrate or Virbrate + tone." I notice there is a wealth of ringtones, short tones in the profiles list but how do I set certain sounds to associate with texts and emails in general?

I'm not trying to give each contact a personal setting, just the texts and emails overall I want to change.

Help this happy, struggling newbie out.

Thanks...

Alan
    11-11-08 12:40 PM
    Go to profiles / scroll down / advanced / select the said profile, and edit the respective sections accordingly...

Instructions, here.
    11-11-08 01:09 PM
    11-11-08 02:02 PM
    Navi... it took me a while as I had to change several things it seems... but somehow I got there. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction. I can see you're like a Jedi Master when it comes to the Blackberry. How long have you owned one?
    11-11-08 06:38 PM
    BTW USVA - welcome to CB. There will be no slapping here - you are surrounded by awesome, brilliant people - no matter what the question!! You're one of the family now.
    11-11-08 08:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD