I have been noticing something for a while now. Most people I know (including me) who ever had a BlackBerry, they actually love the device, not just specs/love but like real material emotional love, maybe the memories maybe the form factor but eventhough I had different phones throughout my life but if you come to my place you think I just have had blackberry devices... I never felt like selling one. very weird but I think this "thing" should be worked on over BlackBerry's marketing strategies, this "je ne sais quoi" aspect of the devices that makes us love them more by the day. Is it just me?

Powered by Blackberry
    lazypapichulo21 likes this.
    05-17-14 01:40 AM
    Good question. I have a friend who dismissed BlackBerry from the start... until he was issued with a corporate bold. he kinda fell in love with it and is now looking into bb10!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 02:59 AM
    Nope, not just you dude. I've met plenty of people who are just like you xD

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 03:33 AM
    Hate to admit it.. but here I am...

Posted via Astro on Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.2947
    05-17-14 05:12 AM
    Yep! Maybe it's the typing experience.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 05:48 AM
    I love my wife and kids. Mobile phones are a pleasant distraction. The keyboard is pretty cool when active though.

Sent from my Z10-Warbird
    05-17-14 06:33 AM
    I'm going to echo a phrase that has been around, I'm only very sure it was a forumer here that mentioned it before.

BlackBerry is an acquired taste.
    05-17-14 06:47 AM
    It's the pheromones
    05-17-14 07:15 AM
    Yeah it's a very unique thing with BlackBerry phones. I'd say that it is mainly the typing experience and the iconic sound of the keyboard.
    And it might also come down to the usability which is similar to none once you get used to it.
    05-17-14 07:31 AM
    It's the build quality and the numerous little things baked into the legacy OS that hooked me.

Now that I am rocking Z10 and then Z30, the BlackBerry's gene is being carried along to the new BlackBerry 10.

? BBM channeling at C003910CB
    05-17-14 08:07 AM
    Because the glue I use has a really strong adhesive.

Posted via CB10
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    05-17-14 10:23 AM
    I have used other platforms and not just for short periods. To me, BlackBerry offers a good marriage of the clean UI of the IOS and some customization and features of the Android lines, as well as the ability to do documents etc of the Windows platform. Add build quality and the addictive keyboards (touch and PKB) and u have a device that is quite addictive to use. The OS10 with the ease of typing and the HUB management makes every task less tedious and keeps bringing u back to the phone to check on things.

At least that's what I tell my family when they comment that my phone is glued to my hands. If I don't answer a text immediately, i am either driving, in the shower or dead. My daughter has the Z10 and she is quite addicted to it too. She had two Android phones and has an Android tablet. But she uses her Z10 almost exclusively. She has five cases and counting, lol.

Sent from my Q10 or Z10.
    05-17-14 12:34 PM
    I love my Z10 and don't feel a pull towards any other platform. I'm in for the long haul with BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 12:42 PM
    CrackBerry Kevin's smartphone hierarchy of needs.

The blackberry satisfies the bottom layers extremely well. Once you get to the top layer, the BlackBerry gets criticism. We love our devices anyways because of how well they do the rest. I had an android, and it was great at the top layer, but not the bottom, so the attachment just wasn't there.

Why so Easy to get Attached to a BB?-smartphonehierarchyofneeds3.png

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 12:51 PM

The blackberry satisfies the bottom layers extremely well. Once you get to the top layer, the BlackBerry gets criticism. We love our devices anyways because of how well they do the rest. I had an android, and it was great at the top layer, but not the bottom, so the attachment just wasn't there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smartphonehierarchyofneeds3.png 
Views:	991 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	271352

Posted via CB10
    I like this graph

Set ANIMATED wallpapers on BB10 , Clear Wall in BBW https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...countrycode=US
    05-17-14 01:29 PM
    That's a nice "maslow" pyramid. I'd totally agree with it's content.
    05-17-14 01:58 PM
    I just really love the product - devices, OS, and the professionalism. I guess there's sort of a "supporting the underdog" vibe as well.

Even when I was using Android I missed BlackBerry greatly, especially the one stop shop for messages, etc.

I'm really glad BB10 came out and I'm proud to participate in witnessing it grow to what should be an amazing OS (not that it isn't already amazing) when all is said and done.

emPowered by ?
    wyrdfool likes this.
    05-17-14 02:08 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smartphonehierarchyofneeds3.png 
Views:	991 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	271352

Posted via CB10
    Pish posh... If you know what you're doing Android can be secure as any thing else. rooting+adblocking+configurable fire walls+monitoring all app permissions - made any Android ph I owned very secure.

On BB10 with some apps I've tried I have to allow app permissions or the app doesn't load. Hardly secure.

Sent from my Z10-Warbird
    05-17-14 04:17 PM
    I find it really just works for me. Plus, I love the feel of the Z10 in my hand. I have thought about upgrading to the Z30, but I am still very content and happy with the Z10.

It is also shocking in that I picked up the Z within a week of it being on sale in Canada. That is a long time ago in "tech years". It has also been dropped a few times and is a bit beat up. But, she still works flawlessly and I do not feel the need for anything else. But, I am feeling the urgent need for 10.3.1. I am very impatient in that regard!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 05:26 PM
    I got attached to my BlackBerry because it gives me what I need in the easiest, fastest way possible. I thought the red LED notification light was great back then. But The Hub was perfect.

I seriously considered getting myself an iPhone - mainly because I want my music. I tried it - but I don't see myself being as productive as I should be.

Filipino. 23. Q10 user.
    05-17-14 06:24 PM
    Because it does the essential so well Ie talk text and message. Plus the binking

Beproud - BlackBerry 10
    05-17-14 06:28 PM
    It's the flow. Smooth and quintessential for my daily needs. Browser is powerful and pictures are clear. Just what I need for security. Z10 fits my hand like a glove.

My Z10 has a Flow
    05-17-14 06:42 PM
    I used to be the biggest iPhone fanboy until recently when I switched to my first blackberry. Though it wasn't by choice as I was moving and my new carrier didn't support the iPhone. It was a hard time giving up the iPhone. But it was love at first click and there was so going back. Bold 9900 was and is still one of the sexiest mofos around. Bar none.

It's a love hate relationship. There are times that I curse blackberry to high heavens but more often than not I am marveled by their awesome features and capabilities. I never felt so much loyalty to a brand before. I can't explain it, maybe I like rooting for the underdog. Whatever it may be, no complaints here!

Posted via my Z30
    05-17-14 11:12 PM
    I just can not live without my BlackBerry.

From my ? phone.
    05-17-14 11:56 PM
    BlackBerry for life. It just works well. The hub is beyond anything else in the mobile world. You can drop your phone and know it will be in one uncracked piece.

Z30 is the best phone I have owned and or used!

Mikescraftbeer.com - C00012735/ Mike Garson Photography - C00471EA8
    05-18-14 12:25 AM
31 12