It's getting hard to defend blackberry and I'm starting to not really feel bad for them. My mom's friends husband works for them and was going to get me a Z30 about 3 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago I was told it was back ordered and would take 2 takes. Today I got a call saying they are back ordered until end of June. Seriously? How can a company be so incompetent to produce phones? Let's be honest, they don't have to make many phones as no one is buying them. I've use a blackberry my whole life, except for 3 a brief 3 week period. But if someone were to want a Z30, and we're told they have to wait till the end of June, do you think they'd be waiting? Do you think they should be waiting? No.
    My brother bought one a few weeks back through our carrier and that took nearly 10 phone calls between every store IN WATERLOO and kitchener, to finally find a store that had one about a week later. As I said, I've been a longtime blackberry user, love BB10, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to stand by this company. I'm sure all the die hards will tell me to sell my z10 and get out of here, but you are delusional to expect any customers to stick around.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 05:04 PM
    I think they might be backordered for the employees store? I know I heard that some where. Might want to double check.

They could still be available for customers.
    05-16-14 05:07 PM
    They were back ordered for employees. That's likely a good thing because they must have gone to customers paying full price.

I know it sucks to wait, because I had to wait as well. Luckily my contact kept me in the loop and I got the phones shipped out.

If you want to pay full price I'm sure you can find a z30 pretty quickly.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 07:05 PM
    I had to buy a white Z30 because the black was sold out on their website. Not to say I regret my purchase AT ALL. I love the white one, and now that I've been able to own it for a few days I think I would definitely prefer it over the black but still. I totally get your frustration. Just because it worked out for me doesn't mean it would for everyone. No one should be forced to choose one over the other.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 08:01 PM
    It's getting hard to defend blackberry and I'm starting to not really feel bad for them. My mom's friends husband works for them and was going to get me a Z30 about 3 weeks ago. 2 weeks ago I was told it was back ordered and would take 2 takes. Today I got a call saying they are back ordered until end of June. Seriously? How can a company be so incompetent to produce phones? Let's be honest, they don't have to make many phones as no one is buying them. I've use a blackberry my whole life, except for 3 a brief 3 week period. But if someone were to want a Z30, and we're told they have to wait till the end of June, do you think they'd be waiting? Do you think they should be waiting? No.
    My brother bought one a few weeks back through our carrier and that took nearly 10 phone calls between every store IN WATERLOO and kitchener, to finally find a store that had one about a week later. As I said, I've been a longtime blackberry user, love BB10, but it's becoming increasingly difficult to stand by this company. I'm sure all the die hards will tell me to sell my z10 and get out of here, but you are delusional to expect any customers to stick around.

Posted via CB10
    It all depends on how bad you want it! I would wait just like I did for the Official OS update from sprint. Why you ask? The answer is simple good things come to those who wait. Hey you can leave and try another platform but I guaranty you'll go back to black!
    Back ordered..-amy_winehouse_-_back_to_black_-us_and_japan-.png

No offense just expressing myself

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 01:20 AM
    How much do BB employees get a Z30 for? just curious....
    05-17-14 02:48 AM
    Blah.
    05-17-14 02:50 AM
    They were back ordered for employees. That's likely a good thing because they must have gone to customers paying full price.

I know it sucks to wait, because I had to wait as well. Luckily my contact kept me in the loop and I got the phones shipped out.

If you want to pay full price I'm sure you can find a z30 pretty quickly.

Posted via CB10
    Well, as I said, my brother had to call every store in Waterloo then a bunch in kitchener. Even then the store told him it'd be a week.
    It's just becoming a pain as my Z10 battery is becoming worse by the day.
    Yeah I find it hard to switch OS because hate iOS, android is fun and interesting but nothing is as efficient and effective is BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 01:56 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't help itself. Back ordered on Z30, way too many Z10s. No new product since last year. Handset business seems like a mess to me.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 03:55 PM
    You're buying a discounted Z30 through an employee. If full paying customers are given first dibs, then maybe Z30 sales are doing well. Can't you be happy for that, being a loyal fan? shopblackberry.com says Z30's are "in stock", so if you must have it soon, then buy through them and forget the discount.

Carriers have been dropping BlackBerry products for a while now. No surprise that your brother had trouble locating one.

How exactly is your problem considered a general fault with BlackBerry? Have you not been following the news? Almost $1 billion write-off for Z10's. What kind of a fan would advocate that they take another inventory overstock risk so that he could get a discounted device?
    Bobert_123, ediggity and acovey like this.
    05-17-14 04:17 PM

Posted via CB10
    Really sorry to hear that mate but if you can hold on till you get it. The z30 and 10.3 is worth the wait.

Which model do you need by the way?

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 04:31 PM
    you guys arn't very resourceful. I wanted a z30 and I got it in less than a week.
    05-17-14 04:31 PM
    Both the white and black were unavailable from the employee store around May 5th, 1 week later the white Z30 is now available. Received it within 3 days.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    05-17-14 04:36 PM
    Wahhhhhhh!!!!!
    I want my z30 at fire sale prices and can't get it!!!!!

Seriously it is not their fault that stock is low.
    They have to wait for enough pre-orders to place orders.
    They're not just going to start up the assembly line because you want one.
    Get a grip and get it elsewhere. Like others have said you can get one today and have it in hand in a week.

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 05:55 PM
    Camon guys, I live in Bulgaria and I got it in half a day! Not from the official carrier, they said z30 will not be in their portfolio since RIM are doomed to bankruptcy. The phone store price is EUR 320 (VAT not included).
    It is an amazing machine, once you have it you will love it, I updated it manually to 10.2.1 and I have access to all those Android apps via Snap. It is just a brilliant device.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 03:58 AM
    There's a difference between making a couple hundred extra Z30s as opposed to the amount of Z10s they had. You'd think they would want to get as many phones out in the public as possible, regardless of whether they were bought at employee pricing. Most people who are getting it through a contact at blackberry wouldn't be buying it at regular price anyway, so a discounted sale is still better than no sale. I also think it's key for BlackBerry to show support to all of the loyal users who have stuck around. I'm loosing patience so I've been considering the white one, but i feel like I'll regret it.

I definitely could find one at regular price in a couple days. My point is that the average consumers who are considering switching to blackberry will not look too hard to find one.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 09:11 AM
    There's a difference between making a couple hundred extra Z30s as opposed to the amount of Z10s they had. You'd think they would want to get as many phones out in the public as possible, regardless of whether they were bought at employee pricing. Most people who are getting it through a contact at blackberry wouldn't be buying it at regular price anyway, so a discounted sale is still better than no sale. I also think it's key for BlackBerry to show support to all of the loyal users who have stuck around. I'm loosing patience so I've been considering the white one, but i feel like I'll regret it.

I definitely could find one at regular price in a couple days. My point is that the average consumers who are considering switching to blackberry will not look too hard to find one.

Posted via CB10
    the average consumer will not be looking to get a discounted phone from a contact at blackberry. just saying. I looked in 2 places online and carriers. shopblackberry was out of stock so I got it at telus. took me 10 mins to register and purchase. it was at my door 5 days later, which included the weekend.
    05-18-14 04:20 PM
    You're buying a discounted Z30 through an employee. If full paying customers are given first dibs, then maybe Z30 sales are doing well. Can't you be happy for that, being a loyal fan? shopblackberry.com says Z30's are "in stock", so if you must have it soon, then buy through them and forget the discount.

Carriers have been dropping BlackBerry products for a while now. No surprise that your brother had trouble locating one.

How exactly is your problem considered a general fault with BlackBerry? Have you not been following the news? Almost $1 billion write-off for Z10's. What kind of a fan would advocate that they take another inventory overstock risk so that he could get a discounted device?
    It's not just Z30s that are back ordered this also includes Z10s which is a bit shocking considering all the write-downs.

And the back orders are significant.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 04:25 PM
    Well after getting stuck with excess Z10 inventory in the past, might be prudent to do a just-in-time approach with future devices for now with their money management. As others have said, full paying retail customers get first dibs and if you are getting it at employee discount, you got to take one for the team (you not the only one via employee discount plan probably). If you want it that bad, buy it retail or off the classifieds. Otherwise, sit back and be happy for the demand BlackBerry is getting.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 09:04 PM
    Got my Z30 about 4 weeks ago, only took 3 days shipping. Negra Electronics

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 09:07 PM

Posted via CB10
    The average consumer buys from shop BlackBerry, not through an employee connection.

A discounted sale is not better than no sale, if there is no profit in the discounted price.

I don't think BlackBerry is the problem in this transaction.

Posted via CB10
    05-18-14 11:20 PM