05-16-14 02:14 PM
    It's always funny how the people facing the issue blame their new phones!

Glad they are being sued, let's hope they do something and fix the issue.
    05-16-14 02:18 PM
    I know three people that had this problem.... two called Apple and got it fixed, the other reactivated his iPhone and turned off the feature and sent in a TEXT CODE...

Must be others that this doesn't work for??
    05-16-14 02:27 PM
    I know three people that had this problem.... two called Apple and got it fixed, the other reactivated his iPhone and turned off the feature and sent in a TEXT CODE...

Must be others that this doesn't work for??
    Apple does not tell anyone they need to do this, that's the issue.

Buddha Stories - C0038CC70
    05-16-14 02:35 PM
    As with most lawsuits, they get nothing because they can't show damages occurred.

But maybe something will get done about it.

Posted via CB10
    05-16-14 02:39 PM
    As with most lawsuits, they get nothing because they can't show damages occurred.

But maybe something will get done about it.

Posted via CB10
    But at least bringing it to the spotlight might cause apple to fix it.

05-16-14 03:35 PM
    Hopefully this will now highlight this issue and bring a solution closer. Can't help feeling this is an anti competitive issue and some regulating body needs to get involved.
    05-16-14 06:09 PM
    Another similar lawsuit has been filed:

http://www.patentlyapple.com/patentl...-24-hours.html
    05-17-14 10:37 AM
    I always wondered how they were able to blatantly get away with this for so long.

Posted via CB10
    FrankIAm likes this.
    05-17-14 01:16 PM
    Yes!! Finally!

Posted via CB10
    05-17-14 01:26 PM
    Good, but they still won't fix it, apparently they don't know how...
    05-19-14 09:23 AM
    Long a known issue! Good to see some of the Borg challenging the Hive.

Posted via CB10
    05-19-14 12:20 PM
    Good, but they still won't fix it, apparently they don't know how...
    Then maybe they shouldn't roll out products that are best kept beta with limited testing?
    Last edited by raino; 05-22-14 at 04:43 PM. Reason: typo
    05-22-14 04:24 PM
    Apple will just settle with them and they'll use the settlement money to buy more iPhone.
    05-22-14 04:34 PM
    Then maybe they shouldn't roll out products that are best kept beta with limited testing?
    iMessage works perfectly, unless you follow the wrong procedure to switch phones. Don't be bitter, RainMan.

Twitter: xandermac
    05-23-14 03:52 PM
    iMessage works perfectly, unless you follow the wrong procedure to switch phones. Don't be bitter, RainMan.
    Oh you poor, conditioned defender of all that is silver, gold and space gray.

iPhone owners are advised to disable iMessages before they deactivate their phone in order to remove the device from Apple's system and allow messages to be forwarded properly as text messages to their new handset. This precautionary step of disabling iMessage apparently works for some, but not all iPhone owners who switch to another smartphone platform.
    The support personnel confirmed "this is a problem a lot of people are facing" and "added that engineering team is working on it but is apparently clueless as to how to fix it."
    Apple Customer Support Claims Apple Stymied by Phone-Switching iMessage Glitch - Mac Rumors

But sounds like you've got a fix! Maybe they should fire the engineering team and hire you. A one man miracle worker!
    00stryder likes this.
    05-23-14 04:14 PM

No it doesn't work perfectly, hence the lawsuit. It�s clearly stated in the filing the person followed the switchover instructions and still resulted in fail.

Don't say something works "perfectly" when it doesn't. Too many people misuse "perfect".
    05-23-14 04:15 PM
    No it doesn't work perfectly, hence the lawsuit. It�s clearly stated in the filing the person followed the switchover instructions and still resulted in fail.

Don't say something works "perfectly" when it doesn't. Too many people misuse "perfect".
    Works perfectly here. I switch devices quite often. Follow the correct procedure, not an issue. Perfection.

05-23-14 04:16 PM
    But sounds like you've got a fix! Maybe they should fire the engineering team and hire you. A one man miracle worker!
    Lol I'm sorry, this made me laugh way too hard!

Works perfectly here. I switch devices quite often. Follow the correct procedure, not an issue. Perfection.

Although I don't doubt that it works perfectly for you, in the world of tech it's really never a good idea to throw blanket assumptions about a situation just because you or a few others have never experienced a particular issue. As with anything, YMMV.

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 04:53 PM
    I just do it to annoy them and it will

Lol I'm sorry, this made me laugh way too hard!

Although I don't doubt that it works perfectly for you, in the world of tech it's really never a good idea to throw blanket assumptions about a situation just because you or a few others have never experienced a particular issue. As with anything, YMMV.

Posted via CB10

05-23-14 04:54 PM

I have no time for *****s. Putting you on ignore.
    xandermac likes this.
    05-23-14 06:25 PM
    From article...

"After an iPhone is disabled, the users face an issue where iMessages sent from other iPhone owners are routed to a deactivated iPhone rather than being forwarded as a text message to an active phone, causing text messages to disappear. "

"Apple advises iPhone owners to disable iMessages before deactivating their phones in order to remove the device from their system, but some users have experienced problems even after disabling iMessage. "

"An Apple customer support representative told Pash that the iMessage bug is "a problem a lot of people are facing" and that the company's engineering team "is working on it but is apparently clueless as how to fix it."

And...

"Some users have had success calling in to Apple to have their numbers removed from the iMessage system and in 2012, TechCrunch detailed a fix involving unregistering products on a user's Support Profile, which has also worked for some people experiencing iMessage issues after switching to a non-Apple device. "

Seems to me it's pretty simple..... so I'm not buying they "are clueless as how to fix it"....granted this came from a 'support representative' which I'm thinking csr...

And if it is true well then *cough* I certainly won't be helping them right here for free lol

Posted via CB10
    05-23-14 07:43 PM
    When my fianc� switched we followed all these directions, sms worked but group messages originating from iphones would not no matter what I did.

Finally I found an article on the Internet that advised texting the word "stop" to a certain # that I can't remember. We got a reply that said something like "Your number has now been removed", after that it still didn't work for about 24 hours.

We were happy that it fixed the problem, but annoyed that it was so hard to figure out.

05-24-14 06:27 AM
    iMessage is creeping again but look athe vocabulary used.
    Apple Admits iMessage Problems, Fixes Server Glitch

Apple acknowledges iMessage problems, working on fix

Apple Finally Addressing Problems With iMessage

Incurable Q10 Syndrome.....Keep away!!!!!!
    05-24-14 12:44 PM
    iMessage is creeping again but look athe vocabulary used.
    Apple Admits iMessage Problems, Fixes Server Glitch

Apple acknowledges iMessage problems, working on fix

Apple Finally Addressing Problems With iMessage

Incurable Q10 Syndrome.....Keep away!!!!!!
    There's a good discussion going here sorry for moving threads around! It's too early in the morning.
    05-24-14 01:12 PM
28 12