Last night when I got into crackberry after a long time (1-2 day hehe it's enough to call long) I saw the SDK autoloader of 10.3 I jumped from my chair and started downloading it, in 15 minutes download was done. I was so impressed. I backed up my phone which took like 1 hour (8gb) then started loading the 10.3, loading was short, and fast. Then my phone switched on, BlackBerry Loading Screen went up and it was so fast that I couldn't comprehend that my phone was on. Loading screen took like 3 seconds to get me to homescreen, after I done the step-by-step BlackBerry installation I got a screen with watermarks(ofcourse it's normal before 10.3.1xxxx) it was not a big deal. The atmosphere of the 10.3 was really smooth and simple, the icons of the applications changed, new gesture added, camera was perfect, new theme of the OS was incredible BUT a bit Laggy for me. It was taking a bit long to open an app (ex:camera) takes like 2 seconds. But other than that and except for water marks it was so good. Then I tried to restore my data by LINK and for 8 gb data to show me the %1 percent It took about 30 minutes. I tried to do several times and result was the same. So I rolled back to 10.2.1 unfortunately. Thats my thoughts and experiences on my Q10. What is yours?

Posted via BlackBerry Q10
    05-15-14 01:07 PM
    I dont want water marks or my pin all over the edges so I will wait for a better version on 10.3.xxx on my Sprint Q10
    05-15-14 01:50 PM
    I would not load the un-working leaked OS afraid that I will like the 10.3 so much that I will not go back to 10.2.1...
    I will only load a leaked OS provided that it works fine on Z10STL100-1/10.2.1.2758

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 01:52 PM
    I had the same experience with trying to restore, and finally gave up on that. But I kept 10.3, added the compatible .442 bars, and am still using it. But restoring by hand was painful, especially the Word Substitution entries. I really don't want to go through that again.

At the rate it was going, however, it would have taken days to restore everything.
    05-15-14 02:05 PM
    What did bars change? What made the 10.3 usable for you?

05-15-14 02:21 PM
    What did bars change? What made the 10.3 usable for you?

The Android runtime is better, and some things just work better. The calendar app, for example, though still not perfect, is better than it was in plain. 296. The new Hub triage features are more reliable.

Sent from my Q10 using Tapatalk
    05-15-14 02:51 PM
    Thanks for sharing. I was gonna attempt it but I'll wait instead. What do you mean by water marks on your pin. What is a water mark?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 02:52 PM
    I had the same experience with trying to restore, and finally gave up on that. But I kept 10.3, added the compatible .442 bars, and am still using it. But restoring by hand was painful, especially the Word Substitution entries. I really don't want to go through that again.

At the rate it was going, however, it would have taken days to restore everything.
    I answered you in the other thread, but just in case I'll quote myself here to gain more visibility.

I counter that by making a list of all my word substitutions in Remember and sync it to my Exchange Active Sync account at work, alternatively you can also sync with Evernote if you don't have any EAS accounts.

Then it's just a matter of copy&pasting everything back which takes me all of 5-6 min.

Posted via CB10
    Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 02:57 PM
    Watermarks are marks that indicate the BETANess of the OS. In the each corner of your screen there is your PIN written in white

05-15-14 08:26 PM
    I answered you in the other thread, but just in case I'll quote myself here to gain more visibility.
    How many Word Substitution entries do you have? I can see how copy/paste would save me some time, but not enough to make a huge difference. It would be nice if we could submit a comma delineated file directly into Word Sub.
    Joey Vajda1 likes this.
    05-16-14 08:57 AM