NULL
    Last edited by soundscan9800; 09-28-14 at 07:57 AM.
    05-13-14 12:29 PM
    Just my opinion but is anyone else put off by the "Windermere" like I am? Idk what it is. I'm a huge BlackBerry fan, and all for innovation and trying new things, but I seriously can't wrap my head around that devices design. I literally cringe every time I see it . I think if it's ever released I'll just try to ignore it completely like it never existed lol. What are your thoughts on it guys? (and gals)
    Meh, I actually didn't like the Z10....until I had it in my hands. I'm still undecided.
    05-13-14 12:46 PM
    See the thing is, everyone's gone and judged it without and official announcements, any press images, and just based that Windermere will be that ugly square looking dev device. While that could be something close to the final piece, I do not believe Windermere will look like that in the end. BlackBerry has more sense than that and will surely make a device with a finish that PKB and VKB addicts will want and love.

I'm excited for BlackBerry's new devices and I wouldn't judge any of these upcoming devices until they're in your hands. Who knows, maybe Windermere and how it is made and built could surprise you

Posted from my BlackBerry Z30 on Rogers with the 10.3 leak!
    Rowan M likes this.
    05-13-14 12:49 PM
    Just my opinion but is anyone else put off by the "Windermere" like I am? Idk what it is. I'm a huge BlackBerry fan, and all for innovation and trying new things, but I seriously can't wrap my head around that devices design. I literally cringe every time I see it . I think if it's ever released I'll just try to ignore it completely like it never existed lol. What are your thoughts on it guys? (and gals)
    I think this is purely aimed at the medical profession and not for a normal consumer device, although I am sure there are some users who might buy it. I am just waiting for an upgrade to the Z10. There is mention of a device called the Ontario possibly coming out in 2015 that is another all touchscreen device, but we'll have to wait and see.

Careful! Z10 in action!
    Beppe Gissi likes this.
    05-13-14 12:50 PM
    No doubt appearances are important.

I think the main problem everyone has to get their head around is a 4.5 inch perfect square 1:1 screen.

I love my Q10 but it just seems a little bit unusual to insist on a screen ratio that is exclusive to BlackBerry qwerty devices when everyone else industry wise has either 16:9, 15:9 or 4:3.

This doesnt not bode well for android app compatibility because android apps are not coded for 1:1 screens but are however compatible with almost every other ratio out there.

It seems to me if only BlackBerry decided to make the device taller and fit a 4.5inch 4:3 screen everything would be better.

I dont want to be short sighted and create assumptions though. BlackBerry may end up with a device that a significant amount of people would want to buy.

I know im very interested.

Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.2228, Z30, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    05-13-14 12:56 PM
    NULL
    Last edited by soundscan9800; 09-28-14 at 07:57 AM.
    05-13-14 01:00 PM
    NULL
    Last edited by soundscan9800; 09-28-14 at 07:58 AM.
    05-13-14 01:06 PM
    Well the Z30 is a great device to upgrade from a Z10. And this is coming from someone who uses an HTC One M8 daily. My M8 is the Google Play edition and my Z30 does everything the HTC One can, and more. I just don't use it as my everyday device because I'm still a hardcore keyboard user so I carry my Q10 for business and my M8 for everything else. But when the Z30 was released the 2 Z10's in my home were quickly replaced.
    The form factor of the Z30 is too big for my liking. Plus by the time my upgrade comes around the Z30 will have been around for a year. So I will see what is available then from BlackBerry, and if nothing takes my eye with no new all touch phones from them I may try a new Sony or even go back to a Nokia. Of course I would keep my Z10 as a back up just in case I don't like any new phone! ; )

Careful! Z10 in action!
    05-13-14 01:13 PM
    So far I'm with you. I'm trying to keep all open mind though.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    05-13-14 11:01 PM
    NULL
    Last edited by soundscan9800; 09-28-14 at 07:58 AM.
    05-14-14 12:20 AM
    You're basing your opinion off of what amounts to junk images of a prototype, trust me. You'll think different soon. There was more to this article than I can really say - http://crackberry.com/new-details-ab...n-about-device
    vegetto_456, Rello, 11pts and 6 others like this.
    05-14-14 12:25 AM
    You're basing your opinion off of what amounts to junk images of a prototype, trust me. You'll think different soon. There was more to this article than I can really say - http://crackberry.com/new-details-ab...n-about-device
    So you're implying you've seen the device then? If so, is the hardware finalized? Does it strike any awkward resemblance to the leaked prototypes?

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 03:37 AM
    Wow im feeling the hype. I cant wait for "classic" and "windermere" to be unveiled.

Its amazing that they have kept device leaks so tight.

We knew what the Z3 looks like from quite a while ago. (even though most was thinking it wasnt real) but this was before john chen's lockdown on device leaks. By now we should have at least seen prototype pics of both the next qwerty devices but alas we havent because of that.

Come on bla1ze give us a little bit more!

05-14-14 04:21 AM
    Any thoughts on whether Windermere will be before the Q20? I understand that some execs are already wandering around with them so I'm hoping it means that the release is sometime this summer? or Sept?

You're basing your opinion off of what amounts to junk images of a prototype, trust me. You'll think different soon. There was more to this article than I can really say - New details about the BlackBerry 'Windermere' have changed my opinion on the device | CrackBerry.com
    05-14-14 08:43 AM
    So you're implying you've seen the device then? If so, is the hardware finalized? Does it strike any awkward resemblance to the leaked prototypes?

Posted via CB10
    From his response, I didn't gather that he is implying that he has seen the device. I gather that there is more to the device than people already know so you can't make judgements before you know all the details. I too myself cannot get my head around a 4.5inch screen with a 1:1 ratio because I love the size of the Q10 in my hand, but thats the same way I didn't like the Z30 because I also like the size of the Z10 in my hands. Will just have to wait and see what unfolds.

I would like to believe we wouldn't be waiting so long to find out further details because I think it is expected that a new device will launch with 10.3 as BB has done previously.
    05-14-14 09:14 AM
    NULL
    Last edited by soundscan9800; 09-28-14 at 07:59 AM.
    05-14-14 12:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    From what I can see in 10.3 it should have the same basic shape. Here's some renders from the setup app:

Attachment 269929
    Attachment 269930

Furthermore, from the blurb that Bla1ze posted:

The device is said to be incredibly light and built using a stainless steel frame with the overall design inspired by modernist architecture.
    It's deliberately ambiguous, but it may point to monolithic black rectangles (anything by Mies, so to speak).
    wincyUt likes this.
    05-14-14 12:26 PM
    Here is a concept I found in the forums I don't remember the original thread though. I'm guessing it might be similar to size as this. Just look how massive those keys are, it's built for baseball players lol.

Regarding "Windermere" device...-crackberry-image-3-1-.jpg

Posted via CB10 via My Q10
    05-14-14 12:36 PM
    I dont think it will be that wide.

http://forums.crackberry.com/rumored...l#post10354018

3.5 or at most 4" wide (1" wider than Z30) and 5-5.5" high (z10 height or *maybe* Z30 height depending on the bezels and other embellishments).
    05-14-14 12:42 PM
    Yeah I think at render is with that rumored 5" screen so if you just scale the image down some it would be the right size

05-14-14 12:44 PM
    No doubt appearances are important.

I think the main problem everyone has to get their head around is a 4.5 inch perfect square 1:1 screen.

I love my Q10 but it just seems a little bit unusual to insist on a screen ratio that is exclusive to BlackBerry qwerty devices when everyone else industry wise has either 16:9, 15:9 or 4:3.

This doesnt not bode well for android app compatibility because android apps are not coded for 1:1 screens but are however compatible with almost every other ratio out there.

It seems to me if only BlackBerry decided to make the device taller and fit a 4.5inch 4:3 screen everything would be better.

I dont want to be short sighted and create assumptions though. BlackBerry may end up with a device that a significant amount of people would want to buy.

I know im very interested.

1:1 is a poor ratio based on what the market is buying, but with pixel count like that on width they could hypothetically put a 1280x720 app running in the center of the screen with black all around, or two 720 wide apps running side by side on same screen while still having an information bar at the top with the remaining 160 pixels. Maybe they plan to do something like this.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    05-14-14 01:57 PM
    1:1 is a poor ratio based on what the market is buying, but with pixel count like that on width they could hypothetically put a 1280x720 app running in the center of the screen with black all around, or two 720 wide apps running side by side on same screen while still having an information bar at the top with the remaining 160 pixels. Maybe they plan to do something like this.

Posted with a BlackBerry Z10
    Or at least a 1440x900 section of the screen for Android apps and Games and the rest for quick notifications or other things separated by a virtual bar.

Blargh, Blargh! CB10 blargh.
    app_Developer likes this.
    05-14-14 02:47 PM
    Leaks of the windermere phone. Screen shots.
    Regarding "Windermere" device...-1400112867164_916535.jpeg
    Regarding "Windermere" device...-1400112846855_916535.jpeg

These aren't mine I saw them on a bbm channel
    This channel C0020B21E

Attachment 270644
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-14-14 07:15 PM
    Well I do think the Windemere design looks a bit like the old BlackBerry's.. see how wide the device is below!! I kinda like that...

Regarding "Windermere" device...-cvm_blackberry_compare.jpg

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 07:32 PM
    I think the Windermere design is final, going by the n4bb podcast, which means it was in developement way before Blackbery announced the partnership to develope a medical focus device.
    05-14-14 09:15 PM
70 123