I keep hearing about dual sim phones in the Indonesian market, why don't we have that in North America. How many ppl carry a work phone and a personal phone. I would think that would be pretty handy if you ask me. But maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 09:39 PM
    BlackBerry's intended solution was BlackBerry Balance, but it didn't exactly sell like hotcakes.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 09:45 PM
    I keep hearing about dual sim phones in the Indonesian market, why don't we have that in North America. How many ppl carry a work phone and a personal phone. I would think that would be pretty handy if you ask me. But maybe I'm misunderstanding something.

Posted via CB10
    You can get a dual SIM phone they just arent popular due to they aren't approved by fcc and there are cheaper ways to do it
    The duos is one you can Google or eBay them but keep in mind they aren't very high quality except for major brands like Samsung etc
    Duos is by Samsung you can find others but they tend to be not the greatest quality compare to flagships

Another solution is cheaper actually dual SIM adapters which work on most flagships

Posted via CrackBerry App
    05-12-14 09:49 PM
    I have a buddy who is moving from BlackBerry to Samsung phone for dual Sims although he told me the model is only available in China right now.

He is waiting for it to come to Canada and then he is switching. I showed him the Z30 and he has researched but the dual sim is going to be the deal clincher for him.

I personally use a Z10 for work and z30 for personal, dual sim would be welcome, but then I would likely have one less BlackBerry phone than I do now.
    05-12-14 09:49 PM
    BlackBerry's intended solution was BlackBerry Balance, but it didn't exactly sell like hotcakes.

Posted via CB10
    Fyi bbry balance isn't something that is sold
    It's part of bes 10 you need a server or bes cloud most consumers don't have access to it
    Cheaper and easier solution would be dual SIM adapters

05-12-14 09:51 PM
    I found dual sim slot phones cheap and made in china. However, I agree that it's really useful.
    05-12-14 09:51 PM
    Fyi bbry balance isn't something that is sold
    It's part of bes 10 you need a server or bes cloud most consumers don't have access to it
    Cheaper and easier solution would be dual SIM adapters

The problem was juggling a work phone and a personal phone, and BES10 didn't exactly sell either.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 09:57 PM
    I found dual sim slot phones cheap and made in china. However, I agree that it's really useful.
    Just buy a dual SIM adapter for your phone keep in mind they are specific to each phone due to the app you need to download to switch between

05-12-14 10:00 PM
    This maybe a great solution but clearly isn't a priority of the company now.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    05-12-14 10:10 PM
    This maybe a great solution but clearly isn't a priority of the company now.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    Yeah they need to work on allowing us to sort cities in the world clock.
    05-12-14 10:49 PM
    Just buy a dual SIM adapter for your phone keep in mind they are specific to each phone due to the app you need to download to switch between

I just think it would be used more if you could have both sims active at the same time, and when a call comes in you can see what line is is calling on, and then on weekends you could turn the work sim off and still have your personal phone.

Can this be that difficult?

Posted via CB10
    05-13-14 07:05 AM
    Usually they don't work that well, even those made by major players like Samsung. I have a couple of friends that have dual sim Samsung phones and they always complain about problems with voice and data connections not working properly as advertised. I heard this type of complains with other models in the past, and I don't know a single person that is / was content with his / hers dual sim phone.

My advice is to use two phones if you need two carriers.

--------------------

Screen Timeout app - keep your BB10 screen awake as long as you need
    05-13-14 07:21 AM
    The battery would also likely suffer with a dual sim device. Constant searching on two connections.

I'd buy a BlackBerry with dual sim, though. In fact I did put that suggestion in at the "I can make it better" site.
    05-13-14 05:35 PM
    I just think it would be used more if you could have both sims active at the same time, and when a call comes in you can see what line is is calling on, and then on weekends you could turn the work sim off and still have your personal phone.

Can this be that difficult?

Posted via CB10
    Thars how dual sim adapters work
    Well at least for Android and ios devices

It is unkown If and how they work on bbry phones
    If You select th� phone button th� app allows You to select which phone number You can call from
    Also You can answer both sims It will show what number is being called

05-13-14 10:29 PM
    Tbh I really wish Blackberry could come out with a model with dual SIMs. Not only would it be great for travelers, but with Blackberry Balance such a device would be great for using the same phone for work/personal without the usual limitations or risks.
    05-13-14 11:59 PM
    Looks like somebody was listening! I hope this new virtual dual sim works as nice as it sounds!

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 10:10 AM
    Problem solved

The Gif Exchange C001B7B16
    09-11-14 10:29 AM

Posted via CB10
    Do hotcakes sell well? I doubt.

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 11:20 AM
    Looks like somebody was listening! I hope this new virtual dual sim works as nice as it sounds!

Posted via CB10
    ?
    09-11-14 01:37 PM
    ?

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-acq...e-byod-support

Posted via CB10
    09-11-14 01:46 PM
    ooooh I saw the post about the acquisition but i kind of glazed over what the company did.
    09-11-14 06:22 PM
    ooooh I saw the post about the acquisition but i kind of glazed over what the company did.
    Except it's going to come with a service fee and plus only corporate users not consumers

Highlights from video corporate users and service fees to help replace losses in service revenue

The IBM deal was for corporate iPhones too

09-12-14 05:39 AM