Looking to possibly pull the trigger on an unlocked Z10 or Z30 from ShopBlackBerry, and wanted some insight from some BB10 users. I currently use a Galaxy S4, Note 8.0 and Surface Pro 2 tablets.

Other than reading CrackBerry I've never seen/used BB10 and I'm trying to go into this with no major opinion good or bad.
    I'd like to stay away from installing leaks but I am not 100% against doing so... 10.3 looks good in the CrackBerry articles I've read.
    So the couple questions/concerns I have...

Currently I don't have a ton of disposable income and will probably be getting this for myself for Father's Day. The Z30 screen size is definitely more appealing to me as I have the S4. What I am wondering would you say the Z30 at 499.99 is worth the 300 dollar price bump over the Z10 199.99?

What OS version comes on the phones and how exactly do updates work on the unlocked phone direct from BlackBerry?

I currently own a (dusty) 16GB Wifi Playbook and have not used a BB phone since my work issued Bold 9650 almost 3 years ago, for the short time they overlapped i enjoyed the bridge feature on them. Any opinions on the Bridge on BB10 ? I have read that the bridge was severely crippled when the Z10 was released, but they BlackBerry seemed to correct that.

Sorry as these questions probably have been asked and answered before but wanted to ask it in one thread.
    Thanks in advance for your help and responses.
    05-12-14 01:48 PM
    I'll help with some of your questions. If you've used a PlayBook then you have some familiarity with BB10. The absence of buttons, swiping up to awaken the device and minimize apps, swiping left and right to move between apps, and swiping down to reveal menus. Only BB10 is way faster than the PlayBook. I own a Z30 and had a Z10 prior. Also own an iPad. The BlackBerry os is much more enjoyable to use than Apple ios.

Updating the os on your phone is done over the air from your carrier or by plugging the phone into a computer using BlackBerry Link.

Hope this assists.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 02:02 PM
    Thank you BerryGuy4040.
    05-14-14 02:03 PM
    If you have the budget possibility, by all means get the Z30. It's like a pumped up and more refined Z10 IMHO.

As to the OS, the Z10 will most likely come preloaded with 10.0, while the Z30 will have 10.2. As mentioned above, you can easily update either to the latest OS released by your carrier, which will most likely be one of the many versions of 10.2.1. This update allows you to install Android apps straight on your phone, without the need to sideload.

My father has the Z10 (STL100-1) and absolutely loves it, even though is the one with no LTE and has a Texas Instrument processor instead of a Snapdragon. He mostly uses it for communication (calls, BBM, WhatsApp and email), browsing and watching movies and series using HDMI.

I have the Z30 and enjoy having the additional options available, as the bigger screen (I'm more on the go than my father) and USB OTG. The 4G option is not that relevant as my carrier (Telcel) only has the service in limited areas. Miracast is also something that caught my eye, although being honest, I haven't used it yet. Lastly, the Z30 has an in-built FM Radio which the Z10 does not have.

I do think the Z30 looks more premium than the Z10, but then again, underneath the hood the differences might not be a deal breaker for some (1.5 GHz processor compared to 1.7 GHz, for instance).

The one advantage I see for the Z10 is the removable battery, which the Z30 doesn't have. Nonetheless, duration wise, the Z30 probably doubles the Z10's battery performance.

Either are great phones, BB10 runs smooth on both. If budget is a deal breaker for you, the Z10 will surely do the job, if not, get the Z30 so you won't miss the big screen!

Good luck and happy father's day, welcome to BB10!

Love my Q10 but now it's Z30 time!!!
    05-14-14 02:29 PM
    If you've got the funds, go for the Z30. I've got the Z10 myself.

I've got a Lumia 925, Note 3, and iPhone 5c too.

If you want a bigger device that'll handle anything and has an amazing battery life but costs a bit, go for a Z30. If you want something smaller but with a gorgeous screen and still an amazing BB10 experience that'll save you a few bucks, go Z10.

Good luck with whatever you decide! =D

Sent from the Berry via Tapatalk.
    05-14-14 02:43 PM
    If you are already using the S4, the Z10 will not be a great experience for you. I'd go with the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 02:46 PM
    I guess the responses covered most of your question except for Bridge, i used to use it all time when I had the 9900 and the 9720 but after switching to a Z30, I tried it once after switching but the amazing performance, smoothness and the big screen rendered the option useless (at least for me).

My brother and my dad has Z10s and they are also amazing and run smoothly too except for the fact that with the Z10 you'll be reaching to the charger more compared to the Z30. It all goes down to your budget.

Reading reviews and watching videos for both devices doesn't do them justice, specially the Z30.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 03:06 PM