I got a great deal ($23) on a defender case. The case is great but the screen protector is causing me to have to press harder and make a lot of typing mistakes and open pages and apps I don't mean to. Almost feels like the storm sure press with the give of the protector. I'm thinking of removing it and using a stick on unless anyone has a solution. It definitely causes this amazing keyboard to not be so amazing.

Posted via CB10
    Rainer Gassen likes this.
    05-11-14 10:14 PM
    My father had the same case - made the phone almost un-usable. He switched to a commuter.
    05-11-14 10:51 PM
    This case bugged me I had to press hard, swipe multiple times to get it to respond and the tapping of the screen protector irritated me. Now it's naked when I use it and I put it in the holster. So much better.
    05-11-14 11:41 PM
    I had the same issue which is due to the tiny gap between the screen protector and the phone. I removed it and use a sticky mirror screen protector and all is well

Posted via CB10
    05-12-14 12:49 AM
    I took the built-in screen protector off and put on a stick on and have my amazing Z30 keyboard back. That's the only downside to the case if you don't mind a little extra bulk.

Posted via CB10
    newfie1974 and tr1ad like this.
    05-12-14 09:30 AM
    I got a great deal ($23) on a defender case. The case is great but the screen protector is causing me to have to press harder and make a lot of typing mistakes and open pages and apps I don't mean to. Almost feels like the storm sure press with the give of the protector. I'm thinking of removing it and using a stick on unless anyone has a solution. It definitely causes this amazing keyboard to not be so amazing.

Posted via CB10
    The very first thing I did was remove the crappy screen protector from the Otterbox and put on a Ghost Armor screen protector. Best decision I have made yet with my Z30

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    SkypilotOfHope likes this.
    05-12-14 03:03 PM
    I took the built-in screen protector off and put on a stick on and have my amazing Z30 keyboard back. That's the only downside to the case if you don't mind a little extra bulk.Posted via CB10
    I was thinking about doing that.. Glad to hear its working for you. Might have to do that now.
    05-12-14 03:06 PM
    My father had the same case - made the phone almost un-usable. He switched to a commuter.
    Commuter is amazing just add a screen protector of your choice and enjoy.
    05-12-14 03:11 PM
    I am just about to purchase a defender case, though second guessing now. From what I have read, it seems the problem with the screen protector is mainly that it isn't close enough to the phone. This is likely due to the fact they built it to the Verizon spec which is slightly thicker due to it's Qi charging. Too bad they don't make a defender for both models like they do with the Commuter.
    06-11-14 09:09 AM
    I am just about to purchase a defender case, though second guessing now. From what I have read, it seems the problem with the screen protector is mainly that it isn't close enough to the phone. This is likely due to the fact they built it to the Verizon spec which is slightly thicker due to it's Qi charging. Too bad they don't make a defender for both models like they do with the Commuter.
    I have the Defender and yeah, there are a few times that the screen protector appears to get in the way. No more than any Defender case that I have used for all my phones (all Defender cases have the incorporated screen protector). However, I don't think there is any better protection for the phone if you opt for no insurance like I do. And I absolutely hate putting screen protectors on as I go through 2-3 getting them on right. Always get a few dust bubbles...LOL.

Oh, and I was pleasantly surprised that the wireless charger I bought for my VZW Z30 worked with the Defender on.
    06-11-14 09:31 AM
    i've had the defender for a month now on the z30, was a bit skeptical but removed it and installed a regular screen protector, still some bulk but it still offers protection and no worries

even tho i had to do a screen replacement due to a fall, i still go caseless from time to time
    06-11-14 02:42 PM