I'm at a lost for words on this topic, BlackBerry understands that they made a huge mistake in the size of the battery in the Z10 fine we get that, but for the life of me why the hell not correct this problem by simply building a larger battery for us and sell them like hot cakes. I mean it really seems like a no brainer to me how many zs did they sell? guaranteed half of those sold would purchase the new battery from BlackBerry at say 29.99 + this would b a very big income stream. Am I missing something here cause the Z10 I'm buy far the best smartphone I've ever owned to date but this battery issue cripples it unfortunately, the Z30 seems like the only solution to this problem but come on throw us a bone.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 10:44 AM
    BlackBerry will layeth the smackdown on ALLLLLLLLLLLL their candy @sses!

If ya SMELLLLLLLLLLLLL what BlackBerry, is cookin'.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 10:59 AM
    I agree OP. I gave my dad my Z10 when I bought my Z30 so this is no longer a huge issue for me, but I think it would be quite successful if they released a high capacity battery replacement... even if this meant it would include a new back plate and make the phone a bit thicker. I'd buy it in a heart beat.

Posted via CB10
    anon8091350 and menshawy like this.
    05-11-14 11:17 AM
    I understand your concern, but you can purchase and an extended battery for the Z10, I have the Z10 myself but that doesn't work for me because I would have to go naked with my phone and I'm not a fan of that at all! too many cracked screens, so now otter box protection is a must for me!

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 11:55 AM
    Yes there are a few aftermarket batteries available all of witch have not really impressed anyone that I have read, all seem to be a lot of hype and no delivery, why would I want to get a battery from an un trusted source. I think BlackBerry is the one that should be making these larger batteries for use zed owners that at very best get 8 hrs on a full charge, Iuv BlackBerry very much but come on pls smell the dam coffee it's been burning for a year now. I'm thinking a 2400-2600 mah battery would prove to be a HUGE improvement.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 12:14 PM
    I've read yesterday that the rumors are that due to air being removed in os 10.3 allegedly we can see a 15% improvement in our battery life on the Zed I suppose only time will tell ,if this is true would be epic wouldn't it.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 12:16 PM
    If my battery lasted a full day, I would be much happier with this phone. It is a big reason I cannot recommend it to others

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 12:26 PM
    This is my point, this is an amazing phone that got totally screwed by somebody at BlackBerry straight out if the gate, we can sit here and throw this topic at the wall all we want and we all won't get anywhere we need to get this to the source somebody at BlackBerry needs to hear us load and clear and correct this, give this phone the life it deserves, does any OP have ability to get this to some one and get some sort of a response, heck give me chens email I'll take care of it. Oh by the way Happy Mothers Day to all the mother's out there.

Posted via CB10
    Bonnie Bonzai and Fabi99 like this.
    05-11-14 12:54 PM
    Not to mention we didn't get miracast, fm radio, wifi-direct and other goodies that the q5 got. I get that they can't fix this now and I've accepted that, but it seems to me BlackBerry can do something about this battery debacle.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 01:09 PM
    To make a larger battery will require it to be thicker. Which then will require a new back cover to support that battery. It's just too much hassle...

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 01:16 PM
    To make a larger battery will require it to be thicker. Which then will require a new back cover to support that battery. It's just too much hassle...

Posted via CB10
    Why with a smaller battery (1440 mah) on a competition's phone you get better battery life when using the phone and in standby?
    Why always solve this problem with massive batteries (like Android manufacturers)?

I think that BB10 is battery inefficient. So mostly is the software, look for example at the browser, a battery hog app.

Posted via CB10
    thekidshop, codiak and laufantasy like this.
    05-11-14 02:01 PM
    iPhone 5s can't last a day either. If it lasts half a day it's doing good.. I stick to my z30 when I can.
    05-11-14 02:04 PM
    If my battery lasted a full day, I would be much happier with this phone. It is a big reason I cannot recommend it to others

Posted via CB10
    Just recommend it and add the disclaimer? I know people who recommend iPhone all the time and add "just fold a charger in your back pocket "

Zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    millwright40 and Playbook007 like this.
    05-11-14 02:58 PM
    Why with a smaller battery (1440 mah) on a competition's phone you get better battery life when using the phone and in standby?
    Why always solve this problem with massive batteries (like Android manufacturers)?

I think that BB10 is battery inefficient. So mostly is the software, look for example at the browser, a battery hog app.

Posted via CB10
    Software needs optimizing. If I turned off my radio all day I could probably go 12 hours heavy use

05-11-14 03:00 PM
    Just recommend it and add the disclaimer? I know people who recommend iPhone all the time and add "just fold a charger in your back pocket "

But the iPhone actually does get good battery life. I can easily make it through the day (as seen below) with the 5S and not have to charge. Plus their are ways to increase it (turn off motion, background updates) and it will last even longer. I've tried every battery saving tip there is on this phone and it still get sucked dry quickly, even on standby where it for reasons unknown continues to drain the battery.

05-11-14 04:14 PM
    http://mugen.co/mugen-power-3000mah-...berry-z10.html

Battery problems solved.

Playbook x2, Z10, Q5
    flacrack likes this.
    05-11-14 04:33 PM
    It's up to BlackBerry to get this figured out fast if it is truly a software issue then fix it! How dam hard could it b they've had a year to optimize it and figure it out, clearly the level of priority is non existent , although like I have mentioned I did read back on Friday that due to air being removed we can expect a 15% improvement in the battery life. Not holding my breath but eh suppose it's better than nothing. I hurts me to say this but it really does seems like BlackBerry just sets them self up for negative press.....any way as I've mentioned already we can throw this up against the wall all we want and not a dam thing will change. sigh

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 04:47 PM
    With the z10 written down I feel blackberry have relegated the device from the "worry about" pile. That's a shame as it's a corker, but blackberry can only really streamline the OS further; they won't be doing anything else with the device per se.

I'd personally recommend the charger bundle, it's held me in good stead. It does mean carrying around something else, but there isn't any other choice.

Sent from Tapatalk
    05-11-14 04:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    Without knowing what phone you're talking about, can't say if that's because it has a smaller screen, cpu, or no LTE.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 05:00 PM
    I here what your saying OP, I am hoping for this alleged 15% improvement eh, this battery bundle mess they came out with never should have seen the day of light rather a replacement battery for us all to enjoy this great phone, heck a few 100 mah could have saved face eh

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 05:04 PM
    Without knowing what phone you're talking about, can't say if that's because it has a smaller screen, cpu, or no LTE.

Posted via CB10
    Iphone 5: 4 inch (0.2 inch difference), dual core cpu, LTE.
    However, I have LTE disabled on both.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 05:07 PM
    My iPhone 4 lasted me at least 2 full days, whereas my z10 only lasts 6-7 - apples and apples. I just wish BlackBerry would acknowledge the problem and at least try to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    thekidshop likes this.
    05-11-14 05:07 PM
    http://mugen.co/mugen-power-3000mah-...berry-z10.html

Battery problems solved.

Playbook x2, Z10, Q5
    Sorry but I don't want to carry bricks.

Posted via CB10
    Hussein Z10 and boeingrules like this.
    05-11-14 05:08 PM
    Thekidshop, don't get me wrong BlackBerry did drop the ball with the battery in the Z10, and being honest I didn't do any research on the after market battery for the Z10, I just assumed if the battery was stronger it would last longer

Posted via CB10
    05-11-14 05:09 PM
    My Z10 battery life isn't as bad as you describe. Not nearly as good as my Q5 mind you, but on light use I can go over 2.5 days and still have 25% left.

I took a screen shot on my phone. System was 33%, Display 20%, Standby13.

I had data, and diagnostics off as well as wifi off most of the time.

You can buy an OEM external battery, charger, and phone case for $37 from the Crackberry store and this weekend you can get a 20% discount. A solution.... perhaps not perfect.....but a solution to your battery woes......
    05-11-14 05:19 PM
151 123 ...