I have a 64GB card. Should I store all media, downloads and contacts on it (with regular backups)?

I see a few forum posts about optimizing the battery life...have any standard tricks been floating across all of them?

Thanks!
    05-09-14 11:32 AM
    I do. I put as much as I can on the SD card to free up the device. It's the beauty of having n SD card.
    niss63 and J2TheD like this.
    05-09-14 11:42 AM
    Take a look here for starters: Ten tips and tricks to extend your BlackBerry Z10 battery life | CrackBerry.com

This specifies Z10, but the tips are also applicable to the Z30 or other BB 10 devices.
    J2TheD likes this.
    05-09-14 11:44 AM
    External cards are very unreliable. They get corrupted very fast, put them on cloud to avoid data loss.

Posted via CB10
    J2TheD and onlyoneromeo like this.
    05-09-14 06:06 PM
    How would you suggest I store things to the cloud (or at least back them up here) so they are accessible on a regular basis?
    05-12-14 06:37 AM
    How would you suggest I store things to the cloud (or at least back them up here) so they are accessible on a regular basis?
    OneDrive, you have direct access to al your files via the file manager once you download the onedrive app. You can also use it to upload pictures from the camera too.
    05-12-14 08:35 AM
    External cards are very unreliable. They get corrupted very fast, put them on cloud to avoid data loss.

Posted via CB10
    I've had an SD card in all my Blackberry handsets since since first Curve many years ago. I currently have a 64gb, and I've never had a card corrupt on me once, so to say they are all unreliable is, well, unreliable.

It's always wise to back-up, yes, but not all cards are equal. There's some rubbish out there, but if you stick to recognised branded Micro SD's, they're shouldn't be many, or any, problems.
    kbz1960 and michjarv like this.
    05-12-14 08:58 AM
    I've had an SD card in all my Blackberry handsets since since first Curve many years ago. I currently have a 64gb, and I've never had a card corrupt on me once, so to say they are all unreliable is, well, unreliable.

It's always wise to back-up, yes, but not all cards are equal. There's some rubbish out there, but if you stick to recognised branded Micro SD's, they're shouldn't be many, or any, problems.
    Yep. Clouds are alright and they make backups of their backups. If most people did the same thing......... but we know most don't so maybe cloud is better for them and an SD card is good for us that do.
    05-12-14 09:17 AM
    Thanks folks. So I followed those battery saving tips and I will now set all of my media and contacts to store on the 64GB card I have (and do regular backkups to my PC).

Fingers crossed!
    05-15-14 12:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    But unloading and downloading will use up the battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-14 01:31 PM
    One great feature of cloud storage is being able to pin certain folders (or everything if you have the space) so they are synced constantly to your phone from your PC. I have all my personal and company docs stored on Box and pin the folders in file manager so I have instant access to everything I might need even with no signal.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.296
    05-15-14 01:32 PM

Posted via CB10
    While SD cards may become corrupt, putting all your data in a cloud is not the safest place either.
    kbz1960 and J2TheD like this.
    05-15-14 07:34 PM