I'm about ready to throw my Z30 in the garbage. Damn, this phone has absolutely sucked lately.

Anywhoooo...

My phone storage has inexplicably doubled and doubled and I'm now basically full. I've been deleting apps and every file I have but it's the OS that is the issue.

So I was told to back up my phone and wipe it and start fresh. Sounds easy enough. Of course it's not.

Anyway, I've downloaded Blackberry Link for a Mac. My screens look nothing like the examples most people show, and I'm guessing that's because I'm on a Mac, not Windows.

I've logged in and I've hit screen 9/9 where "existing media and documents were found on your device" and it's trying to sync those with my computer. I didn't have the option to tell it not to sync, it just started automatically. My "cancel" and "finish" buttons are greyed out, so I can't tell it not to sync.

It's been "loading file counts" now for three hours. Clearly I'm in a loop.

I just want to wipe my damn phone clean and start over. I seriously can do absolutely nothing with it. No files will open. The Blackberry Hub won't load. I can make a call and that's it.

How do I get it to pass by this syncing step so I can just tell it to wipe the phone.

Is there another way to wipe it?
    05-08-14 07:15 PM
    I had a bug that did this on 10.1. No apps. No accounts. Phone used all memory. Some bad cache I think.

One way is to do a security wipe. But that can take forever. Swipe down > settings > security > security wipe.

Quickest way us an autoloader wipe plus puts you on a newer release. Will fix some things you hate and break some things you love.

New Tech = amazing fun.

Posted via CB from my LE
    05-08-14 07:24 PM
    Security wipe will clear out the OS as well? I'll give it a try.

What is an autoloader wipe? I've never heard of that.
    05-08-14 07:54 PM
    Security wipe will clear out the OS as well? I'll give it a try.

What is an autoloader wipe? I've never heard of that.
    Just install the autoloader. You'll lose all your stuff because the autoloader itself does a wipe.

You should be fine from there.
    05-08-14 07:57 PM
    If you are having problems in taking backup using link, why not try sachesi...

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 08:03 PM
    Just install the autoloader. You'll lose all your stuff because the autoloader itself does a wipe.

You should be fine from there.
    I can't install anything. My memory is completely full.
    05-08-14 08:13 PM
    Okay, I'm progressing, I think, but unsure what is going on now.

I think I've swiped/restored/something(?) and now I have a black screen with a little icon that looks something like a SIM card with four lines. Under that I have a blue circle that is going round and round like something is loading.

Unfortunately it's been going round and round for about an hour. Although that may be normal if it's loading everything fresh. Hold tight or am I in a loop?
    05-08-14 09:11 PM
    Hold tight. That's a wipe. The thing is overwriting every bit of data and eradicating and uses what I like to call 'slowest device cleanup ever' technology^tm.

I've had it take up-to 3 hours.

Posted via CB from my LE
    05-09-14 08:07 AM