DISCLAIMER : THIS THREAD IS ABOUT GETTING AN EVEN FASTER WAY TO CLOSE APPS WHILE KEEPING BB10 OS CONSISTENCY. NOOOOOOT LAZINESS. =)

Hi... Here is mi idea of closing the apps on blackberry 10.3... Are you tired of closing the apps with the X, or just want an efficient GESTURE way? ...

Since there is no gesture to close the app I think this Would be nice...
    This way the only apps on active frames are the ones you actually want to be there.

This would an be additional feature, so EVERYTHING ELSE WOULD REMAIN THE SAME, EVEN THE "X"

Maybe a feature to toggle this gesture in setting would ease us "gesture eagers" and not confuse the conservative users

What do you think?
    Link to Image:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjzhk7fgyj...%20gesture.png

UPDATE: I THINK I ALSO LIKE THE IDEA OF KEEP SCROLLING UP PASSING MIDDLE SCREEN WITH RED BACKGROUND ANNOUNCING CLOSE OF APP. BUT Not sure if this would be a difficult gesture for larger screens like Z30, that's why I came up with this idea.

Attachment 268916
    Last edited by BergerKing; 05-09-14 at 01:16 PM.
    05-08-14 04:16 PM
    I like the idea. I hate hitting that x button as well. It should gesture based. I have posted your pic below since you couldn't do it.

Tired of closing apps with the "X"... Blackberry 10 idea for Closing Apps-back-gesture.png

Posted via CB10
    Rasec8me and citystars41 like this.
    05-08-14 04:30 PM
    Thanks @vagos2006 for posting the pic!! I want this feature really bad!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 04:54 PM
    The problem with this idea is what if you don't want to close the app right away but later decided to after switching to another app

Zee coolest flicking smartphone ever
    Alvin Loh and mphillips828 like this.
    05-08-14 05:10 PM
    The playbook way of swiping away was genius. Don't know why they cannot implement that.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 05:29 PM
    The playbook way of swiping away was genius. Don't know why they cannot implement that.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree!

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 05:51 PM
    I'm sorry, tapping the X is difficult? Are you guys that lazy?? You guys should jump into that mouth Controlled wheelchair. That way you don't have to do anything! Ever! Just think it or breathe into it and your app will close. Anything else ridiculous you guys wanna whine about?
    05-08-14 05:57 PM
    No. I'm not tired of it

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 06:00 PM
    Me neither. It's simple, clean and leaves no room for error or confusion.
    rhitdoph likes this.
    05-08-14 06:05 PM
    Some people who are new to smartphones have issues clicking the X's.

I think this would be congruent with the rest of the OS which is gesture based outside apps.

The PB method would be a welcome addition.

Posted via CB10
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    05-08-14 06:08 PM
    I don't think it's much about laziness but rather os consistency. We call it gesture base but some things are not gesture base. You use gesture to exit the app but not to close it

05-08-14 06:12 PM
    The problem with the PlayBook method is that it conflicts with the second screen of active frames

Posted via CB10
    sk8er_tor and mrzeolite like this.
    05-08-14 06:16 PM
    @spikesolie You are d*** right it's about os consistency, Maybe my title was a little too miss leading.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 06:25 PM
    The problem with the PlayBook method is that it conflicts with the second screen of active frames
    What if the active frame is highlighted, so that you know you're pressing on an app, and a flick up will close it? If the active frame isn't highlighted, then a flick up goes to the next active frames page. The press on the active frame would need to have a slightly longer delay, though not as long as the method to rearrange apps on the apps pages.
    haringfish likes this.
    05-08-14 06:27 PM
    I don't think it's much about laziness but rather os consistency. We call it gesture base but some things are not gesture base. You use gesture to exit the app but not to close it

@spikesolie You are d*** right it's about os consistency, Maybe my title was a little too miss leading.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 06:27 PM

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 06:28 PM

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    Enable the shared files permission...
    05-08-14 06:30 PM
    It's really as simple as reducing the size of each active frame enough to leave a small space at the bottom. If you want to go to the next set of active frames, you swipe from the empty space. If you want to close an active frame, you swipe that specific frame up. It would be simple, clear (as long as the empty space is labeled with an arrow), and intuitive.

Actually, hitting the "x" button is one of the only things I hate about BB10. I used to have a Palm Pre, and the WebOS swipe up to close was amazing. I wasn't even angry when the Playbook ripped it off, because the feature is so wonderful everyone should have it. BB10 needs it. Simple as that.
    05-08-14 06:31 PM
    Some people who are new to smartphones have issues clicking the X's.

I think this would be congruent with the rest of the OS which is gesture based outside apps.

The PB method would be a welcome addition.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 06:33 PM
    What if the active frame is highlighted, so that you know you're pressing on an app, and a flick up will close it? If the active frame isn't highlighted, then a flick up goes to the next active frames page. The press on the active frame would need to have a slightly longer delay, though not as long as the method to rearrange apps on the apps pages.
    This is perfect. 200ms should be enough.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 06:36 PM
    I don't have any issues with tapping the X to close an app - its as natural as breathing for me.
    05-08-14 06:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, as a huge fan of webOs I sure would like to swipe that app up, up, up and awayyyyyyyy!!!
    needforbbx likes this.
    05-08-14 06:55 PM
    What about just long press on an active frame and then flick it away?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using CB Forums mobile app
    05-08-14 07:33 PM
    @velkod we are not lazy but there are many users of BB. That includes the elderly, like my mom and she struggles with it. She loves her playbook. Simple, as people get older things are not as easy as they are when you are in your 20s or 30s.
    05-08-14 07:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    I have never had more than 4 frames open and have never, once since Z10 launched had the need to use the second active frame screen. So I would gladly give up the option of a second screen to get the playbook gesture. Not saying everyone one would.

May be we should run a poll and ask how many routinely use the second active frame screen. One poll that CB did showed that people closed the app once they were done rather then keeping it open, that would, to me, suggest that not many people use the second active frame.
    rotorwrench and needforbbx like this.
    05-08-14 07:53 PM
98 123 ...