So the other day I tried to sync my music from my Macbook running BB Link to my Q10...

The computer says it is synced, despite the little bar at the top only going through the "preparing" phase, yet when I go into Music on the phone there is nothing at all there.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
    05-08-14 11:28 AM
    So the other day I tried to sync my music from my Macbook running BB Link to my Q10...

The computer says it is synced, despite the little bar at the top only going through the "preparing" phase, yet when I go into Music on the phone there is nothing at all there.

Any advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Hey!

I had the same issue last week with my Z30.

I couldn't find a solution via BlackBerry Link, however I would recommend restarting your device, and your MacBook and retrying if you haven't done so already.

If that does not fix it, I would recommend deleting BlackBerry Link, and reinstalling.

If that didn't work (like it didn't for me) my last suggestion / fix is to use a Micro SD Card.

I have a 16GB one for my Z30, So I deleted all my old music off my phone so that there was no music. Then, I put my Micro SD Card into my MacBook, and manually added all the Music Files from iTunes onto the card. Once complete, insert the card back into your BlackBerry, open the Music App, and wait as it reads, and displays all the desired music from the card.

This was the only solution I had, and it was not only quicker than using BB Link, but just as easy to do, if not easier than playing around with essentially a Beta Mac Program.

Hope that helps!
    straightshooter likes this.
    05-08-14 11:53 AM
    Thank you very much, I will give that a try!
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    05-08-14 12:34 PM
    So I tried all of that and still nothing. The Link software shows that I have 0b free available on my phone, whereas when I go onto my phone it says I have 10GB of storage free...
    05-10-14 06:22 AM
    I have had trouble with this. I found opening itunes before you try and perform the sync seems to help. When transferring pictures open iphoto first.

The other way is turn on Mass storage under settings, storage and access. Then manually transfer your songs over without going through link. Your BlackBerry acts like another hard drive in this mode.

I also have trouble trying to sync over wifi. So I just plug it in.

Posted from my awesome Q10
    05-10-14 10:38 AM