I have a z10 now and I am considering the switch. The one thing I would like to know more about is the battery . I have searched the forums and seen people mention the z30 battery can be replaced with a bit of work. I would ideally like to see a video of someone doing it, and if that is not possible, someone saying what steps are involved and what difficulties might come up. I have replaced a non removable battery on a laptop before, and I expect the process to be similar.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 05:27 PM
    I have a z10 now and I am considering the switch. The one thing I would like to know more about is the battery . I have searched the forums and seen people mention the z30 battery can be replaced with a bit of work. I would ideally like to see a video of someone doing it, and if that is not possible, someone saying what steps are involved and what difficulties might come up. I have replaced a non removable battery on a laptop before, and I expect the process to be similar.

Posted via CB10
    Here is a Z30 disassembled. I hope you can find what you're looking for in that thread. By the way, this voids any kind of warranty to the device.
    05-07-14 05:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    Can I ask why you would want to replace the battery? Remove and replace? What purpose would this serve?
    The fully charged Z30 battery lasts as long as three full charges on my Z10 did.
    moody and Carl Estes like this.
    05-07-14 05:44 PM
    Just do it!! Trust me, you won't regret it.

Posted via CB10
    Carl Estes likes this.
    05-07-14 08:55 PM
    There are some like you OP who are worried about non-removable batteries, but I not one of those people. I don't think there's anything to be worried about, especially one on a phone that gets such good battery life as the Z30.
    05-07-14 08:59 PM
    Me myself would love to know how to remove Z30's battery out of curiosity, but I would probably never do it.

Cave, cave, moderator videt
    05-07-14 10:36 PM
    I love my Z30.. get it and you'll be blown away with the battery endurance..

BlackBerry Z30 nothing else comes close!
    05-08-14 01:28 AM
    Can I ask why you would want to replace the battery? Remove and replace? What purpose would this serve?
    The fully charged Z30 battery lasts as long as three full charges on my Z10 did.
    Lithium batteries decay over time. So in two years, your full charge might only be three quarters of what you had when the phone was new. Eventually all lithium batteries just kind of give up and stop holding a charge unless very special and expensive ones are used. Batteries are a reversible chemical reaction, but it is not perfect because sometimes irreversible (relative to the battery's scope) chemicals are formed that no longer contribute to the battery's operation.

Thus, you can avoid all this by buying a battery manufactured at a later date and replacing your aged battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:33 PM
    Here is a Z30 disassembled. I hope you can find what you're looking for in that thread. By the way, this voids any kind of warranty to the device.
    Hopefully these sort of problems will only be appearing after the warranty is already up! I wish that BlackBerry had a cheap battery service but as far as I know they charge about 70 bucks.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:35 PM
    Lithium batteries decay over time. So in two years, your full charge might only be three quarters of what you had when the phone was new. Eventually all lithium batteries just kind of give up and stop holding a charge unless very special and expensive ones are used. Batteries are a reversible chemical reaction, but it is not perfect because sometimes irreversible (relative to the battery's scope) chemicals are formed that no longer contribute to the battery's operation.

Thus, you can avoid all this by buying a battery manufactured at a later date and replacing your aged battery.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully in two years, you are eligible for an upgrade, and can replace your aged Z30 with a newer device.
    05-08-14 12:40 PM
    You don't consider, you just do it !!! The battery is great and it'll get any hardcore user through a full day easily, worry about replacing the battery later mate.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 12:47 PM
    I find the Z30 is great. The battery lasts me up to two days on a single charge with moderate use, and 12 hours with a lot if intense use, including much messaging, Web browsing, phoning, and watching about an hour of TV on my Z30. I don't know if it's worth trying to change the 2800 mAh battery....

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    05-08-14 12:51 PM
    Let's do some math, on average most anecdotal evidence says the Z30 battery lasts 3 times longer than a Z10, so if the Z10 lasts 8 hours the Z30 will last 24, if after two years the decrease in the ability to hold a charge is 25% then that would mean the z30 battery would last 18 yours or 2.25 times better than the Z10,

Personally I don't think you need to be worried and you have two years to figure out how to replace the battery or research a new one perhaps a Z750i......

From my Zed 30 running 10.2.1.2102
    Carl Estes and anon(8263181) like this.
    05-08-14 02:03 PM
    By the time the battery in my Z30 wears out, I will upgrade to the Z50, or Z70, or Z-ZILLION, or whatever comes next....

05-08-14 07:43 PM
    Hopefully in two years, you are eligible for an upgrade, and can replace your aged Z30 with a newer device.
    I am month to month because of Unlimited Internet. So upgrade means no unlimited interwebs.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 11:50 PM
    Let's do some math, on average most anecdotal evidence says the Z30 battery lasts 3 times longer than a Z10, so if the Z10 lasts 8 hours the Z30 will last 24, if after two years the decrease in the ability to hold a charge is 25% then that would mean the z30 battery would last 18 yours or 2.25 times better than the Z10,

Personally I don't think you need to be worried and you have two years to figure out how to replace the battery or research a new one perhaps a Z750i......

From my Zed 30 running 10.2.1.2102
    Well I have a spare battery for the z10. Which is kind of nice when you have to go somewhere with a lot of moving around.

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 11:52 PM
    I bought Z30 today. I will get my devixe tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 12:39 PM
    Well I have a spare battery for the z10. Which is kind of nice when you have to go somewhere with a lot of moving around.

Posted via CB10
    What you can do is buy either the BlackBerry back-up battery bundle for the Z30, or get one of the batteries made by Power Rocks. I have both, and they're great.

05-14-14 06:42 AM
    Do it

Harry
    05-14-14 06:44 AM
    I'm in the US and I don't regret buying the Z30 even though I paid $900 to get it, thanks to AT&T not carrying it and Verizon not having the phone in the store. You will love the phone and by the time the battery will need to be replace, you will be buying the Z50 or whatever the latest and greatest BlackBerry is at that time.

Cheers,
    Troy

Posted with my Awesome unlocked Z30 on AT&T
    05-14-14 07:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    I'm pondering to upgrade to a Z30 from a Z10 myself as I've leaned towards the Q10 as everyday phone. I also have the battery bundles for both devices so I plan on reusing them for the Z30.

I recently went on a long trip with a lot of photo/video taking and knew I had to transfer files for freeing up storage and backup. Had to carry my laptop but it felt it was unnecessary if all I used it for was for file transfers (I don't want to use cloud services either).

I'm really looking at the Z30 to replace my laptop for travel especially with the USB OTG capability, battery life, bigger screen and improved audio speakers for music and video play (screen resolution don't care because size is too small for any significant difference).

I'm a removable battery guy (I still use an awesome Creative mp3 player using a single AAA battery) as I had bad experiences with non-removable battery devices (Apple iPods). So if I can get a Z30 at a lower price down the road, then i'll consider it. Even better if I can easily replace the internal battery.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 08:03 AM
    I find the Z30 is great. The battery lasts me up to two days on a single charge with moderate use, and 12 hours with a lot if intense use, including much messaging, Web browsing, phoning, and watching about an hour of TV on my Z30. I don't know if it's worth trying to change the 2800 mAh battery....

Yeh, but surely there's a 5600 mAh battery upgrade out there somewhere, right? lol

I've been reading the fantastic battery-life comments on the site for months now. Just bought one off of a fellow Crackberrian. Should be arriving this week! w00t!
    05-14-14 09:23 AM
    Love my Z30

Posted via CB10
    05-14-14 10:39 AM
    I'm pondering to upgrade to a Z30 from a Z10 myself as I've leaned towards the Q10 as everyday phone. I also have the battery bundles for both devices so I plan on reusing them for the Z30.

I recently went on a long trip with a lot of photo/video taking and knew I had to transfer files for freeing up storage and backup. Had to carry my laptop but it felt it was unnecessary if all I used it for was for file transfers (I don't want to use cloud services either).

I'm really looking at the Z30 to replace my laptop for travel especially with the USB OTG capability, battery life, bigger screen and improved audio speakers for music and video play (screen resolution don't care because size is too small for any significant difference).

I'm a removable battery guy (I still use an awesome Creative mp3 player using a single AAA battery) as I had bad experiences with non-removable battery devices (Apple iPods). So if I can get a Z30 at a lower price down the road, then i'll consider it. Even better if I can easily replace the internal battery.

Posted via CB10
    The charge on my Z30 battery lasts two days with regular use, or 12 continuous hours with intense use, including much phoning, messaging, Web surfing, and watching TV.

If you want a reserve, you can always get the BlackBerry back-up battery bundle, or a Power Rocks back up battery.

05-14-14 11:32 AM