My company is going to begin migrating users from Exchange on premise to Office365. As I am going to be helping with the migration, I thought I'd migrate myself in order to see what the end-user experience was.

First I finished the migration, restarted my Outlook and removed/re-added my ActiveSync account on my BlackBerry. Everything was fine, so I went to finish the migration by adding an O365 Exchange Online License. This was where I believe my mistake lies. When I re-added my account to my Z30, I was still talking to on-premise Exchange, so wouldn't have seen anything.

AS SOON as I enabled the Exchange Online license, my work account became instantly invalid on my Z30, and no amount of removing/re-adding has worked. I get the message "your login information for account (xxxxx) has changed or is incorrect, please verify the information" or whatever it was.

After this happened I tested adding the account on a Galaxy S3, and also a Q10 we use for on call. the S3 worked fine, I started seeing emails poor in without issue and was able to open, read, and reply.

When I tried to add it to the Q10 (I should note it was freshly wiped with 10.2.1), it accepted the account at first but as soon as it started trying to sync it immediately flagged it as invalid, and the same error message came up.

Currently we are running a hybrid O365 setup, we have Exchange syncing to the cloud with DirSync, and have CAS / AD on site. We're also running our own federation services, so no ADFS.

Has anyone encountered this? Help me CrackBerry!
    Last edited by fragment137; 05-08-14 at 01:57 PM.
    05-07-14 07:13 AM
    If you are using the automatic configuration, go through the advanced setup and enter your Office 365 server information. Also make sure all ports are correct.
    05-07-14 07:22 AM
    BlackBerry servers remember server information based on domain of email address. To make it simpler for other users in the future.

By going through simple integration it's just going to automatically pull all your old server information.

You will need to go advanced as mentioned above. At least for awhile. I do not know what the threshold is for the servers to learn and make the switch for easy integration

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    05-07-14 08:01 AM
    Thanks for the info. I should have mentioned that I've gone through the Advanced setup every time I've tried to use this, and used m.outlook.com port 443 (https)

I have also tried outlook.office365.com (as we are on wave15) and still the same result.

I get the same message every time. I may test this out adding another users O365 account to my BB as a test.

UPDATE: I attempted to add a dummy account with an Exchange Online license to both my phone and an on-call Q10, and I have the same result... There is obviously an issue with Office365 Exchange ActiveSync and BB10...

I'm gonna open a support case with Microsoft.
    Last edited by fragment137; 05-07-14 at 08:59 AM.
    05-07-14 08:18 AM
    I would start with this: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33522

Bb10 should work with 365. So there is something not set right. Confirm you have followed the above article which should cover the BlackBerry side. I'm assuming some setting in 365 management. Or something to do with your hybrid setup. Ms ticket that you opened is probably best step.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.3175
    05-07-14 10:08 AM
    Figured out what was going on in this case, which to be honest seems a little silly and shouldn't matter, but apparently it does.

When this was originally tested (Dec/Jan) O365 was on wave14. Apparently after changing to Wave15, -something- changed that forced some devices to use a UPN address ([email protected]) in both the username and email address field.

This works across all devices, but it apparently is a must for BlackBerry devices. Very interesting indeed. Here's my specific example of what was wrong with my phone:

username: [email protected]
    emailaddress: [email protected] <--- this worked before wave15
    server: m.outlook.com <--- this doesn't seem to matter, but also changed in wave15
    port: 443

What it needs to be in order to work with BB10:

Username: [email protected]
    Email: [email protected] same as above!
    Server: outlook.office365.com
    port: 443

Interesting to say the least. I was almost very disappointed, but it seems that BB10 was just insisting that I use the correct method to connect!
    05-07-14 02:18 PM
    We migrated from local exchange to 365 a month ago, everything has worked properly, but to day I got the same message "the account information has changed " but nothing has changed... I can log into the 365 Web interface an I can see my emails.... this is very strange, my mistake is the error is at MS....

/Bob 10.2.1.2102
    05-07-14 02:34 PM
    We migrated from local exchange to 365 a month ago, everything has worked properly, but to day I got the same message "the account information has changed " but nothing has changed... I can log into the 365 Web interface an I can see my emails.... this is very strange, my mistake is the error is at MS....

/Bob 10.2.1.2102
    Bob I don't know if you're running hybrid or if you're only on the cloud, but try what I did. Use the mailbox login in both User and email address, also make sure you're pointing to outlook.office365.com. That solved the issue for me.
    05-07-14 02:52 PM
    This is what we are doing in our company. We have Outlook 365 and use the entire email address as the username and login name. I can't tell what is different on the backend but my Z10 connects successfully with EAS and office 365

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 03:09 PM
    I use my email address also as username.

I just changed from m.outlook...etc... to outlook.office 365....etc.. and it seems to work now..:-)

Thanks guys...

BUT why do MS change those settings and why are our BB so sensitive...?

/Bob 10.2.1.2102
    05-07-14 03:29 PM
    I'd put it up to Security. They're sensetive because they have to be
    05-07-14 03:56 PM
    Stopped in to look for info on this very issue. Yesterday my Z30 started telling me that "account information changed". Strange though, it seems intermittent!!, it's working again now. Also strange, I have had no issues since I added the account to my iPhone with the same settings and my Playbook has also continued to work without issue. I have reached out to my companies IT dept., reluctantly but have not heard back from them yet. Technically, I am not to be using a BB device, they provide Android and Apple only. So, I am not sure what kind of answer I'm going to get when they do respond. I love my BB and hate the thought of not having it for work.
    Last edited by Cobrajett; 05-08-14 at 01:31 PM. Reason: added details
    05-08-14 01:22 PM
    Here's my settings. I have never had issues with credentials.
    Can't add ActiveSync account after migrating to Office 365-img_20140508_144242.png

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 01:43 PM
    If you are still having issues check the mx records. And dns

Posted via CB10
    05-08-14 01:45 PM
    Stopped in to look for info on this very issue. Yesterday my Z30 started telling me that "account information changed". Strange though, it seems intermittent!!, it's working again now. Also strange, I have had no issues since I added the account to my iPhone with the same settings and my Playbook has also continued to work without issue. I have reached out to my companies IT dept., reluctantly but have not heard back from them yet. Technically, I am not to be using a BB device, they provide Android and Apple only. So, I am not sure what kind of answer I'm going to get when they do respond. I love my BB and hate the thought of not having it for work.
    BB10 is close enough to Android that it's extremely easy to support. For email anyway, it can use ActiveSync just like the rest of the mobile world. Granted it's a little more picky about how you set it up if you have multiple username/addresses in Exchange but it's definitely the EXACT same. I suspect that your IT Dept. is probably referring to BB devices that require BES to hook into Exchange. This is not the case with BB10

I had issues with my Z10 giving me intermittent errors with my work email. Restarting seemed to solve it.

Could a mod please change the subject line to SOLVED -
    05-08-14 01:56 PM
    Definitely no legacy devices allowed. We dropped our BES completely a couple of years ago, when BB10 was still pending. Our IT dept is pretty adamant about Apple right now, even refusing Android requests from a couple of managers this week. My boss doesn't care that I bought my own phone for work but he did warn me that IT would take issue if they found out. As far as being the same as Android, this I know. I am unsure of what my issue is since yesterday, especially with it being intermittent. right now it is not working again, telling me that account information has changed.I'm going to switch to my Q10 or Z10 and see if the problems persist. I have restarted the Z30 as wells doing a security wipe and new set up ;sat night. I have not restored the OS yet, so I might try that as well.

Minutes later, Z30 just received new mail. Q10 seems to be working for now too. If settings were wrong, it would not be intermittent, in my mind!
    Last edited by Cobrajett; 05-08-14 at 02:31 PM. Reason: update
    05-08-14 02:25 PM
    Z30 quit working again shortly after my last edit. Q10 kept working though. I wiped the Z30 and set it up again. This time I did not side load Snap. It has been working ever since. Although Q and Z are totally different devices, they are running the same OS, official releases. Loaded apps were identical between the two, except Snap which I just side loaded on Tuesday evening. Before I condemn Snap as the culprit, I'll wait a few days and see if everything remains stable, then re-sideload it and see what happens. Can't see how it could be the culprit but who knows.

Nevermind...Z30 quit again. Q10 still working though. And, no response from my IT dept yet.
    Last edited by Cobrajett; 05-08-14 at 11:11 PM. Reason: update
    05-08-14 09:48 PM
    If anyone here is reading this thread and has some ideas, I'm game to try. My Q10 and Z10 have no issues with Outlook365 active sync. My new Z30, running the same official OS (10.2.1.2141) intermittently comes up with an error saying that my account information has changed or is incorrect.
    Background, all devices are factory unlocked from BB, STL100-3, SQN100-5 and STA100-5. I live in Canada but use AT&T (roaming) with an employer provided contract/sim. I am using a "cut" sim, as I was originally provided with an Android, that I hated. I bought my own BB10 device, cut the sim down to fit and have been good for a long time now. I actually took my sim to "a guy" and he kind of botched it, in that he kind of hit the contacts (I have since realized, I could have done better with scissors). Only thing I notice is that it seems as though the sim contacts do not sit very deeply in the sim slot on the Z30 (you can't see the contacts on the Z10 and Q so I can't compare).
    This morning I restored the OS on the Z30 and it worked for about an hour before quoting again. Does anyone have any ideas? Could the sim be causing this issue? My IT dept, as I said earlier does not want to talk about BB. They have suggested I switch to iPhone. But, I'll keep using my Q10/Z10 before doing that.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    05-09-14 11:42 AM
    I keep on getting 'device password' message at the end of the setup, despite not actually having set one up.

Anyone know if I can bypass the 'device setup' option?

Never had one prior to Office365.
    06-03-14 09:37 PM