Ok, let's hope I can explain this...

Email provider is Cox. Email is received in Outlook 2010 on home computer, as well as my z10 (this one is non-carrier branded, straight from Blackberry. Model STL100-3, running 10.2.1.2179). As of right now, it's a POP set-up, though I believe I can set it up as IMAP, as well. As we all know, the z10 has a very limited shelf life for emails. And it now erases those emails not only from the phone, but from the email source (in this case, Cox).

BUT - those same emails are kept forever (or until I manually erase them) in Outlook on my computer. I don't want to save all my emails forever on the z10, but many I need for more than the 30-day max.

If I added an outlook.com account, and added that account to the z10, would that make any difference, i.e., save them on the phone until I delete them? If so, I'm thinking I would forward the Cox account to the outlook.com account, and BAM!, problem solved.

I know there are a thousand and one threads on this subject, but finding the answer to this one would be impossible to wade through the thousands of replies.

Thanks. Appreciate any answers, and thanks in advance for your patience...
    05-06-14 10:11 PM
    Hi, I try to understand your question, but I am confuse..lol

So basically you want to delete email on your blackberry, but you still want keep them on your internet/computer?

If it's that you want, it's easy.. Blackberry Hub/more/setting/display action/deleted on...select handheld only or prompt..

If it's not what you need, can you please clarify.. thank you..

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 12:13 AM
    Hi, I try to understand your question, but I am confuse..lol

So basically you want to delete email on your blackberry, but you still want keep them on your internet/computer?

If it's that you want, it's easy.. Blackberry Hub/more/setting/display action/deleted on...select handheld only or prompt..

If it's not what you need, can you please clarify.. thank you..

Posted via CB10
    +1. OP doesn't seem tech savvy; don't understand his post.

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.3139
    05-07-14 12:49 AM
    You can also flag the email you want and it goes to your Remember app
    05-07-14 05:09 AM
    Not exactly sure what the OP is needing? I have my gmail account as well as my hotmail accounts both setup to retrieve my emails and sync back forever. I have every email on my Z going back 6 years and not a one deletes unless I tell it to.
    05-07-14 05:20 AM
    OP's saying this:
    1. Z10 doesn't store emails forever, typically only for 30 days
    2. When you delete an email from BlackBerry 10, it'll delete on both the handset and the email server
    3. How do I make sure that the emails stay longer on my Z10, so it doesn't delete them and therefore they'll stay on the email server?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-07-14 06:37 AM
    My ISP (Cogeco) only provides POP3 access to their email (such dinosaurs). I don't use the account for much, but I'm basically in the same boat as the OP.

I solved the problem by creating an Outlook.com account and having it pull email from my POP account. Because Outlook.com supports EAS you can sync the email forever, if you want, and file messages in folders. If you don't sync your folders it keeps the clutter off the phone, but you can still find the message by doing a search on the server. It is a very nice solution.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-07-14 09:15 AM
    Okay, so far, Raestloz has it closest. I want to keep emails on the z10 hub for longer than the 30-day limit. And once they're (auto) erased from the z10, they're no longer on the server. (But they are still on my computer's Outlook email; just not accessible by phone.)

My understanding from slogging through numerous other threads is that flagging the email (into Remember) will NOT save the actual email past that 30-day time. And besides, I'd rather have them in the Hub.

Right now, my email addy is the one associated with the server/provider. I'd rather not go the g-mail route. But I AM asking if I 1) added an outlook.com account and 2) forwarded current provider/server account to that outlook.com account, 3) would that outlook.com account act as Homer1475's gmail account, with emails remaining on the z10 until I manually erased them?

Thanks...
    05-07-14 09:17 AM
    Thanks, Richard! That's what I thought, based upon other threads. Just wanted to confirm before going that route. I'll give outlook.com a try. Thanks again.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-07-14 09:57 AM
    Sounds like Richard has the best solution. I gave up ISP email long ago as I kept changing ISP's and would have to give everyone yet another address or a different address to use. I only use email that isn't attached to an ISP anymore.
    05-07-14 10:20 AM
    I use Gmail on my Z10 and it looks like although the mails are not stored on the device they're still available on the Gmail server. Are you sure that the deletion is on both device and server or only for certain configuration?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-07-14 07:48 PM
    Raestloz - it may be that way with your Gmail; but for me, with my provider, they now are definitely deleted on both the isp server and the device. Thanks for your help.
    05-07-14 08:01 PM
    Raestloz - it may be that way with your Gmail; but for me, with my provider, they now are definitely deleted on both the isp server and the device. Thanks for your help.
    Hmmm, curious, is there a compelling reason you don't just outright switch to Outlook or Gmail or other free email providers instead of sticking with your ISP email?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-07-14 09:04 PM
    Hmmm, curious, is there a compelling reason you don't just outright switch to Outlook or Gmail or other free email providers instead of sticking with your ISP email?

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-07-14 10:24 PM
    I need to keep the (current provider) email address because it's associated with my work, and I've had it for over 10 years, with no issues. That's why I thinking I'll set up an outlook.com account, and simply auto forward the isp's addy to that account. Won't have the headaches of changing email addresses on all client info, and will be able to have those emails I want/need to keep on the Hub. Thanks for all the feedback.
    05-07-14 10:32 PM
    I need to keep the (current provider) email address because it's associated with my work, and I've had it for over 10 years, with no issues. That's why I thinking I'll set up an outlook.com account, and simply auto forward the isp's addy to that account. Won't have the headaches of changing email addresses on all client info, and will be able to have those emails I want/need to keep on the Hub. Thanks for all the feedback.
    You need to evolve. Who cares if it's associated with your work from 10 years. Send an email blast to your clients saying you've moved on from your @geocities.com email Addy to something more sophistictated

05-08-14 01:39 AM
    You need to evolve. Who cares if it's associated with your work from 10 years. Send an email blast to your clients saying you've moved on from your @geocities.com email Addy to something more sophistictated

I don't really recommend changing it like that, but I suggest that you tell people that you have secondary email address with which they can reach you. Don't immediately switch

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-08-14 01:53 AM
    I don't really recommend changing it like that, but I suggest that you tell people that you have secondary email address with which they can reach you. Don't immediately switch

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    Out of office......

05-08-14 01:59 AM
    Out of office......

I do not see him clinging onto an ISP email as a sign of him having a corporate email for 10 years. I see it as him owning a business and that email address is the address he presents to anyone who wants to contact his business.

Corporate emails come and go, and everybody has their own, personal email besides that. Business email address is harder to switch immediately. If for 10 years you client has been emailing to [email protected], suddenly de-activating that just because you have changed to [email protected] might cause confusion amongst your clients who can no longer contact you. You can, of course, just setup mail forwarding and act like nothing happened, but then you're completely at the mercy of the email provider.

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.2141
    05-08-14 02:37 AM
    When you initially setup your email, if you press the advanced button you will get the option to sync back to 7, 15, 30, or forever(think those are the options, I honestly cant remember the exact numbers).

Next:
    Go to the hub, press the 3 dots for the overflow menu, go to settings, Display and Actions, scroll to the bottom and choose where you want deleted items to delete from. You have the options of: Handheld only, handheld and Server, or Prompt.

I also have a super old ISP email addy(about 15 years old) I still use. I just forward all those emails to my gmail acc., I just found it way easier this way.
    05-08-14 05:32 AM