It must be that internet access is slow, because Iran just got around to banning WhatsApp because parent company co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is Jewish. Kind of. After, you know, Facebook bought WhatsApp over two months ago. The ban comes courtesy of Abdolsamad Khorramabadi, Secretary of the Iranian Committee for Determining Criminal Web Content, which has the power to block access to sites and services deemed offensive in content, ownership, or� well, whatever, really.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    05-06-14 07:40 AM
    Any jews in the executive of BlackBerry? Maybe the Iranians will ban BlackBerry too....
    Last edited by motec bb; 09-01-14 at 12:55 PM.
    08-31-14 01:36 AM
    How is Mark Zuckerberg kind of Jewish?

Posted with X10 via CB10
    08-31-14 01:39 AM
    How is Mark Zuckerberg kind of Jewish?

Posted with X10 via CB10
    You know... he never got around to it on account his Bar mitzvah got postponed... kinda...

@BruvvaPete :Channel: C0012176F. Live well
    08-31-14 02:12 AM
    He is born jewish but doesn't practice judaism. His wife is not jewish therefore his kids (if and when he has) they wouldn't be jewish.

And Zionist he probably isnt....

?
    08-31-14 07:59 AM
    Well good luck battling technology.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 02:36 PM
    There's difference between Jewish and Zionist. Not all Jews are Zionists

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 03:22 PM
    There's difference between Jewish and Zionist. Not all Jews are Zionists

Posted via CB10
    I'd like to here your definition of a Zionist, and how it relates to Zion? Anyone?

I honestly don't know cause I don't and never have read the full bible. My only reference is 'I'll be iron like a lion in zion'.

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    08-31-14 04:05 PM
    I'd like to here your definition of a Zionist, and how it relates to Zion? Anyone?

I honestly don't know cause I don't and never have read the full bible. My only reference is 'I'll be iron like a lion in zion'.

And I don't want to say. Google it please

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 04:27 PM
    My only reference is 'I'll be iron like a lion in zion'.

You, sir, win at life. Kudos! Lol

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 04:55 PM
    You, sir, win at life. Kudos! Lol

Posted via CB10
    Was that to be insulting because this is not used in daily life in my profession nor in my heritage nor circles.

Instead keep the insulting comments to yourself and maybe just maybe you can highlight someone with knowledge by sharing - you know before Google. I always take the information from Web searches with a grain of salt cause after all the highest hits are paid advertisement. I'm sure I'll figure out the answer I just chose to ask for something simple considering the conversation.

08-31-14 07:28 PM
    And I don't want to say. Google it please

Posted via CB10
    Zionism was a movement that started in the late 19th century by a man named Theodor Hertzl, a jew, albeit completely secular. His idea of zionism, or "the return of the jews to zion (israel) were based on the notion that the jews cannot continue living among their gentile counterparts and be persecuted while deemed 2nd class and sometimes sub-human. The goal was to create a jewish-secular-democratic state based on jewish culture, but not it's laws and ethics.

One can be jewish but not a zionist i.e. not living in israel and/or not believing in the need for a jewish autonomy.

Some religious jews believe zionism to be a contradiction to Jewish Law, based on the belief that the jews were banished from the Holyland and are not permitted to create their own State until they're Messiah comes and brings them to the Holyland. (this doesn't prohibit living in that area)

I hope I got all this jazz right.....

And what does this all have to do with BlackBerry??
    08-31-14 07:37 PM
    Zionism was a movement that started in the late 19th century by a man named Theodor Hertzl, a jew, albeit completely secular. His idea of zionism, or "the return of the jews to zion (israel) were based on the notion that the jews cannot continue living among their gentile counterparts and be persecuted while deemed 2nd class and sometimes sub-human. The goal was to create a jewish-secular-democratic state based on jewish culture, but not it's laws and ethics.

One can be jewish but not a zionist i.e. not living in israel and/or not believing in the need for a jewish autonomy.

Some religious jews believe zionism to be a contradiction to Jewish Law, based on the belief that the jews were banished from the Holyland and are not permitted to create their own State until they're Messiah comes and brings them to the Holyland. (this doesn't prohibit living in that area)

I hope I got all this jazz right.....

And what does this all have to do with BlackBerry??
    Thank you kindly!

I'd pose the question, since Israel is under 65yrs old as a country or there abouts who is the original inhabitants of Israel, surely not the Caucasian skinned people, after all Jes�s had wool of hair - in just about every Christian bible, and considering the Tova (pardon misspelling) does not recognise Jes�s as a saviour and all of that, that would've originally been my question to the person with the snide remark that 'I win at life'. Funny I don't consider life in any aspect a game nor something to be taken commonplace as a joke over the Internet but hey that's just me. Thank you for the clarification.

Regarding how this pertains to BlackBerry really other than Whatsapp being an application for BlackBerry and being banned in one region based on the sales of just that app from its new owner is a joke really or some.political lobbying.

08-31-14 07:45 PM
    http://crackberry.com/sites/crackber...?itok=gYiaQ-ac
    It must be that internet access is slow, because Iran just got around to banning WhatsApp because parent company co-founder and CEO Mark Zuckerberg is Jewish. Kind of. After, you know, Facebook bought WhatsApp over two months ago. The ban comes courtesy of Abdolsamad Khorramabadi, Secretary of the Iranian Committee for Determining Criminal Web Content, which has the power to block access to sites and services deemed offensive in content, ownership, or� well, whatever, really.

Full story from the Crackberry Blog...
    I wonder if the Iranians also banned the use of Penicillin, the Polio Vaccine, and the popular app Waze, all invented by Jews, the latter by an Israeli!!
    08-31-14 07:57 PM
    Was that to be insulting because this is not used in daily life in my profession nor in my heritage nor circles.

Instead keep the insulting comments to yourself and maybe just maybe you can highlight someone with knowledge by sharing - you know before Google. I always take the information from Web searches with a grain of salt cause after all the highest hits are paid advertisement. I'm sure I'll figure out the answer I just chose to ask for something simple considering the conversation.

Uh... I'm actually a huge Bob Marley fan, was complimenting your wit. But, never mind.

Posted via CB10
    08-31-14 09:03 PM
    Any jews in the executive of BlackBerry?

?
    What?? Really?? Seriously??

Maybe we should ask if there are any of the following Executives in Blackberry:

Muslims:
    Christians
    Radical Fundamentalists
    Scientology members

WTF does it matter??? Would you change whatever platform OS or phone you are running if any of these answers were yes??
    bungaboy and montberry like this.
    09-01-14 09:16 AM
    Cool, that's a couple of million bbm users! Loool

Always look at the bright side!

Send from my Q10 in Duracell Mode
    09-01-14 09:21 AM
    What?? Really?? Seriously??

Maybe we should ask if there are any of the following Executives in Blackberry:

Muslims:
    Christians
    Radical Fundamentalists
    Scientology members

WTF does it matter??? Would you change whatever platform OS or phone you are running if any of these answers were yes??
    You obviously didn't read the starting post, which stated that Iran banned Whatsapp because it was created by a Jew.
    I was therefore asking, if there are jews who work for BlackBerry, because then those crazies in Iran would probably ban BlackBerry too.
    09-01-14 10:48 AM
    You obviously didn't read the starting post, which stated that Iran banned Whatsapp because it was created by a Jew.
    I was therefore asking, if there are jews who work for BlackBerry, because then those crazies in Iran would probably ban BlackBerry too.
    Uhh, no I DID read entire post, including the OP's first posting - if you intention was to ask the reformatted question you just posted, then I apologize, I interpreted your original posting as a question regarding whether a certain "Ethnicity/Religion" was on the Executive Board of BBRY.

I just have absolutely NO patience for people (not just here on CB, but in general) that do not respect people and their chosen religion or in Zuckerberg's case his "born" religion. It's just like the CEO of Starbucks, who happens to be Jewish but will not open stores in Israel, NOT because of the political situation (which is what people all too often think) but because they tried it many years ago and it flopped big time. Seems Israeli's might be too smart to pay $5+ for coffee.
    09-01-14 11:12 AM
    Also, take a look here:

Complete list of country flags for BBM on BlackBerry, Android and iOS | CrackBerry.com

Seems there is no listing for Iran Flag - my assumption (and it is ONLY my assumption) is that not only is BBM disabled in Iran but most Internet access is as well. Please correct me if I am wrong on either..
    09-01-14 11:16 AM
    Uhh, no I DID read entire post, including the OP's first posting - if you intention was to ask the reformatted question you just posted, then I apologize, I interpreted your original posting as a question regarding whether a certain "Ethnicity/Religion" was on the Executive Board of BBRY.

I just have absolutely NO patience for people (not just here on CB, but in general) that do not respect people and their chosen religion or in Zuckerberg's case his "born" religion. It's just like the CEO of Starbucks, who happens to be Jewish but will not open stores in Israel, NOT because of the political situation (which is what people all too often think) but because they tried it many years ago and it flopped big time. Seems Israeli's might be too smart to pay $5+ for coffee.
    That was my intention in the question, the way it was reformatted. Just to be clear, I edited the original post.

And I agree with you regarding you second point, regarding respecting other people's choices in reference to religion.

But I do think it is insane to boycott all products and by-products that were invented by Jews, solely based on their religion, not political views.

Thanx 613
    09-01-14 01:09 PM
    Guys, u actually know that there are Iranian Jews living in Iran in peace without any harassment, they also have a seat in parliament.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Jews

This is probably a zionism / anti Israeli political move, ie non religious issue by iran. Probably related to some kind of contribution Zuckerberg made to the Israeli state.

In all cases I hope someone closes this post down before it swirls out of proportion and ignites a religious or political discussion in a forum dedicated to BlackBerry.

So any super here or editor or dunno what u guys are called, plz shut this post down.

Thnx

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    09-01-14 01:39 PM
    Guys, u actually know that there are Iranian Jews living in Iran in peace without any harassment, they also have a seat in parliament.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persian_Jews

This is probably a zionism / anti Israeli political move, ie non religious issue by iran. Probably related to some kind of contribution Zuckerberg made to the Israeli state.

In all cases I hope someone closes this post down before it swirls out of proportion and ignites a religious or political discussion in a forum dedicated to BlackBerry.

So any super here or editor or dunno what u guys are called, plz shut this post down.

Thnx

Q10 On Steroids running on pure Awesomeness
    That is definitely true, about 20,000 jews live there peacefully today.

That is also part of the irony why they would ban whatsapp. I don't think Zuckerberg contributed to Israel, if he did, their motive can be understood, somewhat.

No intentions here of a religious or political discussion, just raising an interesting point.
    09-01-14 02:06 PM