Yesterday, for no reason at all, I simply set my Q10 down on a table and then it completely hard reset itself to factory defaults! All I had was the calendar app open!

Very upset and frustrating that I had to set everything back up all over again (email accounts, settings, etc).

After a solid year of use, I've never ran into this issue. I'm already familiar with the battery compartment issues that plague the Q10 causing it to reset upon contact with a hard surface (this was fixed by wedging a piece of plastic next to the battery), but this issue is different as it's never HARD RESET before.

Has anyone encountered this issue before? And can any one shed some light as to what caused it?
    05-05-14 06:38 PM
    Same here. There is already a thread on this somewhere though. Some have tried putting a piece of paper between the battery and battery door. One person suggested super glue. I tried the paper trick but it didn't work for me. I get a reset now a few times a day. I believe it's software related somehow. I just gotta find it.

Posted via CB10
    cfoxx likes this.
    05-05-14 07:15 PM
    If it doesn't work with paper trick then something else is wrong :s. Mine was solved with the paper.

via Q10
    05-05-14 10:57 PM
    Same here. Got also the paper, but since a few days random reboots...
    05-06-14 05:37 AM
    I'm getting random reboots too, but only in the last few days. It happens about 3 times a day - but I suspect it is battery drain related.

From a full charge, a reboot can happen at any time (quite often when I 'swipe up' on the screen) - but when the battery gets to around 23%, the handset dies completely. I never get down under 10% anymore.
    05-06-14 07:39 AM
    For me it seems to happen in the morning around 90% or so then sometimes again a couple of time throughout the day. I stuck a business card in there but it still happens. I'll just have to deal with it because I'm not giving up my phone. It's too awesome.

Posted via CB10
    05-06-14 08:14 AM
    but only in the last few days.
    Same here. Since a few days. It doesn't matter how full the battery is.
    05-06-14 09:43 AM
    Am I or is everyone else missing the OP said their phone reset to factory? Not just rebooted.
    05-06-14 10:31 AM
    Am I or is everyone else missing the OP said their phone reset to factory? Not just rebooted.
    I must have missed that also. Mine just reboots. Did not catch the reboots to defaults portion.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-14 06:43 AM
    I know this thread is a little old now but just posting an update. The random HARD RESET issue has happened twice more since my first post. Again, this is not the random soft reboot (and I already have a piece of plastic wedged into the battery compartment pretty well). When it happens, I loose all of my settings/preferences and the wallpaper is changed back to the default purple background.

I never got to the bottom of this. It seems to happen every 1-2 months.
    10-18-14 05:12 PM
    And you didn't do a security wipe, or better a reload of BB10 without restoring since ?
    What about your warranty ?
    10-18-14 05:49 PM
    Same here. It happened 4 times with my Q10.
    When I was on the phone, it suddenly rebooted. Sometimes, my Q was very hot, especially the area around the charging port

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 03:37 AM
    Same here. It happened 4 times with my Q10.
    When I was on the phone, it suddenly rebooted. Sometimes, my Q was very hot, especially the area around the charging port
    You have not the same issue as the OP. At the next boot, his Q10 is factory reset. Very strange indeed.

For your problem, first, use the tips about placing a piece of paper or plastic at the bottom of the battery in the extruded casing (or behind the cover) to keep it in place. Next, what do you do on the phone when this happen ? An Android game perhaps ?
    10-19-14 08:25 AM