does any body know if this can be done? I use to have an att tilt and could do it, with this phone it shouldn't be any issue
    11-10-08 07:26 PM
    Please learn to use the search function in these forums, this is discussed many times over.
    11-10-08 07:52 PM
    Please learn to use the search function in these forums, this is discussed many times over.
    I tell you what why dont you use it, before you make a smart remark i search for about an hour and found a lot on everything except the bold i know how these fourms work i was part of XDA developers for years. Now if any body would be kind enough to point me in the right direction i would appriacate it i dont need to be spoon fed just a shove in the right direction. Thanks
    11-11-08 09:36 AM
    Its called tethering to use your phone as a modem. Do a search for tether and you'll be good to go.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-08 10:53 AM
    Just beware when using this with AT&T. I've heard stories of them catching on to people that tether phones to laptops and giving them outrageous charges as a result. I've done it before with other phones like the Tilt and SE W810i, but I haven't seen where this can be done with the branded Bold yet, for Mac users.
    11-11-08 11:02 AM
    does any body know if this can be done? I use to have an att tilt and could do it, with this phone it shouldn't be any issue
    no seriously he is right try serch
    i dont knwo waht ur using

forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-use-your-blackberry-modem-19093/
    11-11-08 11:09 AM
    I work for AT&T. You have to download communication manager from the At&t website and get AT&T to add the tethering package. You get free wifi at hotspots and it cost $60 bucks a month. Once you do that you can connect just like a laptop card. It will not connect without that unless you can find someone to bypass that with settings on your computer. I know that can be done with the curve 2
    11-11-08 11:27 AM
    use instructions i just posted they work for the bold and you get about 1.2 mps of speed downlaod

you dont need the laptop 60 plan
    you can use the bb plan
    11-11-08 11:37 AM
    Don't take it out on me that you can't figure out how to type "bold modem" into the search box

11-11-08 01:58 PM
    Don't take it out on me that you can't figure out how to type "bold modem" into the search box

tru tru tru
    11-11-08 07:43 PM
    I work for AT&T. You have to download communication manager from the At&t website and get AT&T to add the tethering package. You get free wifi at hotspots and it cost $60 bucks a month. Once you do that you can connect just like a laptop card. It will not connect without that unless you can find someone to bypass that with settings on your computer. I know that can be done with the curve 2
    Spectackler, thanks communication manager thats what i was looking for, i used this with my tilt but i couldn't remember what it was called. Thanks to every one else who tried to help without being a smart !#$
    11-12-08 09:13 AM
    thats funny, I called at&t twice and they quoted me $15/month. perhaps because I have the BES?
    If it is $60, why in the world would anyone do that when you could just get a broadband card for $60/month and no hastle tying up the phone lol.

12-01-08 06:28 PM
    dude ive been tethering my laptop for yrs without paying monthly tethering charge or added charges on my monthly bill..
    12-01-08 08:38 PM
    how, please share with us....
    12-02-08 06:15 AM
    thats funny, I called at&t twice and they quoted me $15/month. perhaps because I have the BES?
    If it is $60, why in the world would anyone do that when you could just get a broadband card for $60/month and no hastle tying up the phone lol.
    It's 50 for BIS with unlimited data and texting.

60 is the same thing just with tethering added.
    12-02-08 07:54 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD