So it's dimple, I have an idea for an app (free of course) but don't know how and where to get started.

Would someone be will to help me out getting started, put me in the right direction. Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 10:26 PM
    You should check out Brian Scheirer's posts on the CB homepage or search for them in the forums. He gives great tips on building apps via Cascades for BlackBerry 10
    05-03-14 11:18 PM
    Also http://developer.blackberry.com.

The harsh reality is this though - and I'll get blasted for this.

They have started to struggle to maintain all 3 SDKS and are shutting one down (AIR). They are advising those developers build for Android instead and start 'Android porting' to blackberry.

My advice is just build for Android and port it to BBRY. It won't be as glorious of an experience - but your app will require less maintenance and recompiling because they always try to improve Android support (instead of how they restrict their own). Plus you can also release for android in this case and benefit from the bigger user base.

Besides. If that's what they are telling developers - I'd listen as a new developer as there is something we probably do not know coming down the pipe. But it requires much less effort to maintain Android ports on bbry than actual BlackBerry apps short + long term.

Posted via CB from my LE
    05-04-14 01:24 AM
    Also http://developer.blackberry.com.

The harsh reality is this though - and I'll get blasted for this.

They have started to struggle to maintain all 3 SDKS and are shutting one down (AIR). They are advising those developers build for Android instead and start 'Android porting' to blackberry.

My advice is just build for Android and port it to BBRY. It won't be as glorious of an experience - but your app will require less maintenance and recompiling because they always try to improve Android support (instead of how they restrict their own). Plus you can also release for android in this case and benefit from the bigger user base.

Besides. If that's what they are telling developers - I'd listen as a new developer as there is something we probably do not know coming down the pipe. But it requires much less effort to maintain Android ports on bbry than actual BlackBerry apps short + long term.

Posted via CB from my LE
    That's for those developing in AIR, yeah... Others can develop in native BB10 Cascades or HTML5 for easy Android compatibility.

Just depends on what programming language the OP wants to use, really, and if the goal of his app is to develop something specifically for BB10.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    05-04-14 01:38 AM
    Contributing to the BlackBerry World seems nice...

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 01:38 AM
    That's for those developing in AIR, yeah... Others can develop in native BB10 Cascades or HTML5 for easy Android compatibility.

Just depends on what programming language the OP wants to use, really, and if the goal of his app is to develop something specifically for BB10.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30
    Yes, for now, you can.

Cascades is bbry only - so I highly recommend against it. Unless it's for self hobby reasons. If you have a lot of free time. Or you want to build bbry only going forward.

If using HTML 5 avoid the bbry API's.

Posted via CB from my LE
    05-04-14 03:03 AM
    Okay...so...im new at this...my app that I want to build requires using the camera forward or rear facing...

This would be the first app ever and want to know what would be the best program to use?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 05:01 PM