My friend loved my Z30 and Z10 decided to upgrade her 9860. Went to futureshop, walmart, several mall kiosks nobody stocked a virgin mobile Z10. Only way she can get one is call and have them ship it. Not even listed on their site. Talking her into switching carriers.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 04:50 PM
    Virgon! Destroyer of Worlds!

And another crappy Canadian carrier.

Posted via Z69
    05-03-14 04:59 PM
    She told me "The Source" told her the BB10 os was a bust and was recalled because of problems. What a moron. It's crap like that from uneducated idiots that hurts a great product

Posted via CB10
    Donnierock likes this.
    05-03-14 05:45 PM
    She told me "The Source" told her the BB10 os was a bust and was recalled because of problems. What a moron. It's crap like that from uneducated idiots that hurts a great product

Posted via CB10
    So many idiots out there you gotta wonder how they haven't starved to death already

Sent from the ocean using my waterproof Z10
    05-03-14 05:56 PM
    Wait wait wait...... waterproof Z10????? care to explain lol. Or is that just wishful thinking

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 05:59 PM
    Wait wait wait...... waterproof Z10????? care to explain lol. Or is that just wishful thinking

Posted via CB10
    Just in character lol my name is Barracuda

05-03-14 06:35 PM
    Damn it. I live on a boat all summer. That woulda been awesome.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 06:41 PM

Posted via CB10
    There are sites that do custom waterproofing jobs

05-03-14 06:50 PM

Posted via CB10
    Hey man check this out bbZ10 is on the list.

60 bucks to make it waterproof

http://www.liquipel.com/shop/treatment/treat-my-phone/

RednekHoser likes this.
    05-03-14 06:53 PM
    My friend loved my Z30 and Z10 decided to upgrade her 9860. Went to futureshop, walmart, several mall kiosks nobody stocked a virgin mobile Z10. Only way she can get one is call and have them ship it. Not even listed on their site. Talking her into switching carriers.

Posted via CB10
    That's odd. I was with Virgin mobile here in Canada, and they were pushing the Z10, but not the Z30. I had the BlackBerry Torch2, and wanted to upgrade to the Z30, but Virgin had the Z10, but no Z30. So in December 2013 I switched to Bell to get the Z30. Virgin was still carrying the Z10 last time I looked....

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    05-03-14 06:54 PM
    Virgon! Destroyer of Worlds!

And another crappy Canadian carrier.

Posted via Z69
    Virgin is now owned by Bell here in Canada. I have to say that when Virgin mobile first came to Canada, it was great. I got my first cell phone with Virgin. They had all kinds of phones from cheap to expensive you could buy outright, and just buy top-up cards month-to-month. It was great, and somewhat revolutionary for Canada. I had my first BlackBerry with them, the Torch 2, which I loved. It was only because I wanted the Z30 that I was forced to switch to Bell. Virgin was a real pioneer when they first came to Canada, and I am grateful for that. Virgin still offer some great deals.

05-03-14 06:59 PM
    Ya when she first looked last year they had the Z10 but now just Q5 and some BB7 model. And that seems to be a standard policy on stores and kiosks. Just the big 3 in Canada have it in stock

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 07:05 PM
    Some People ARE Unaware that Rogers Bell Telus OWN
    R=Fido B=Virgin T=Kodo
    05-03-14 07:33 PM
    Buy from BlackBerry online..it is unlock,

BlackBerry Black Z10 - ShopBlackBerry.com

It has choice black and white
    STL100-3 is fully compatible with telus and bell LTE and HSPA network
    acovey likes this.
    05-03-14 07:45 PM
    I know who is all affiliated with each other. She has her plan with Virgin and was eligible for upgrades and was looking for a free upgrade. Otherwise kijiji has piles of them. It's the principal that some carriers only push icrap and samsh*t . You can buy an unlocked one for 150-200$ or BlackBerry directly. If you're going to stay with a company for 2 years anyways might as well get a free phone

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 08:39 PM
    Dealers stock what they believe will sell. If they aren't stocking it, chances are it's because they don't want the risk of being stuck with inventory. Perhaps BlackBerry needs to implement a vendor managed inventory allowing stores to only pay for product they sell.
    05-03-14 09:28 PM
    I never understood why BlackBerry never did that with BB10. They knew it was a risk assuming it would sell. Give dealers some incentives. Like allow a certain % return on unsold inventory. Personally I'm boycotting futureshop. Haven't seen a BlackBerry in months in their flyers they barely stock any. Thats not a small store that will get stuck with unsold inventory. They have a massive customer base. They should promote canadian companies. Good enough to make money here good enough to promote canadian stuff

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 10:12 PM
    Personally I'm boycotting futureshop. Haven't seen a BlackBerry in months in their flyers they barely stock any. Thats not a small store that will get stuck with unsold inventory. They have a massive customer base. They should promote canadian companies. Good enough to make money here good enough to promote canadian stuff
    Future Shop, like any retailer, will promote what makes them money. Doesn't matter where it comes from.
    Manufacturers and carriers likely have to pay for space in their flyer. With BlackBerry cool to the consumer market and 8 months since their flagship, it's best to be accustomed to little presence in flyers this year.
    05-03-14 10:53 PM
    Some People ARE Unaware that Rogers Bell Telus OWN
    R=Fido B=Virgin T=Kodo
    Exactly. Here in Canada, the smaller carriers are now (almost) all owned by one of the bug three. Be aware also that some smaller cell phone carriers do not offer service outside their home province. For example, here in Quebec, Videotron (a cable and Internet company) offers deals that sound great, like $80/mo for UNLIMITED data. This sounds great until you discover that Videotron has no network outside Quebec (and Ottawa), so when you leave their network, the roaming charges are HUGE. Videotron is trying to buy access to networks outside their home province, but their national service for now is spotty. Wind mobile may also be bought by another national carrier soon too.

05-04-14 08:47 AM
    I know who is all affiliated with each other. She has her plan with Virgin and was eligible for upgrades and was looking for a free upgrade. Otherwise kijiji has piles of them. It's the principal that some carriers only push icrap and samsh*t . You can buy an unlocked one for 150-200$ or BlackBerry directly. If you're going to stay with a company for 2 years anyways might as well get a free phone

Posted via CB10
    Yes, when I switched to Bell near then end of my contract with Virgin, my new Z30 was "free," although part of the monthly fee of course goes to pay down the balance of the phone.

BE WARY: Be very careful about buying phones on eBay or kijiji. The phone may be damaged or stolen, which means the IMEI number will have been cancelled. Once a bad phone with a bad IMEI is reactivated and connected to a new carrier, the carrier can immediately locate the "bad" phone and notify the police. Moreover, the version of the phone on sale may not be the right version that will work on your carrier's network.

05-04-14 08:52 AM
    The other problem is making sure you don't buy the dreaded stl-***1 model that never receives the good updates till much later. (which makes no sense to me)

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 09:54 AM
    The other problem is making sure you don't buy the dreaded stl-***1 model that never receives the good updates till much later. (which makes no sense to me)

Posted via CB10
    STL100-1's never get updates? Last time I checked I'm on the latest official release in Canada 10.2.1.2102/10.2.1.2141 and I got it super quick.....

What we don't get a lot of is leaks and I'm Ok with that given I prefer having a faster gpu than the stl100-2/3/4

05-04-14 12:24 PM
    Just an update. Virgin Mobile has lost a subscriber. They don't sell the Z10 or Z30 at all online or in stores so she went to Telus. She bought the last one that the local Futureshop had in stock. Futureshop told her every Friday they get a new shipment of black berry's in. Maybe that's a good sign that they are selling a bit better. Every store she went to looking for the Z10 the sales staff tried shoving the icrap down her throat.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 06:28 AM

Posted via CB10
    It wasn't a bust, however they were 'recalled' (I'm assuming the staff meant RMA which is what actually happened) last October due to lack of sales. In my store it included all stock of BB10 devices including the two launch day z30 we received and couldn't sell, although I tried (my location is a proponent of BB, to the extent that our rep at the time sent me a z10 because of how many I was personally selling, at the time I was still just a part timer ). Of course, what she says they said and what is actually said are often very different things (I had a customer tell me yesterday he was promised a replacement phone by my staff on the weekend...problem was he forgot I was actually there and actually witnessed the conversation and nothing like that was said at all heh. I generally take these 'she said THEY said' claims with a grain of salt).

Right now I couldn't get my hands on a BB10 device if I wanted to, I know a portion were earmarked for Acp replacement units.
    05-07-14 08:50 AM
    Ya who knows how the actual convo went but either way sucks she had to spend so much time looking for the phone, switching carriers. It's a good product

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 11:25 AM
32 12