My Z10 is at least 5 times faster than my laptop at home or work for Web browsing. BB10 is just so efficient with the Hub...the daily time savings are huge! Why isn't CrackBerry...and BlackBerry promoting the obvious advantages BB10 has over every other mobile device.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 12:47 AM
    I bet you never read CB article, it's been posted several times

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 12:48 AM
    Hey Usman, I read CB daily...they are not bringing home the core competencies of BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 12:52 AM
    5 times faster than your laptop.....lol how old is your laptop then

Posted via CB10
    ajst222, howarmat, JeepBB and 11 others like this.
    05-03-14 01:16 AM
    My laptop was bought in December 2010 and while I've seen faster laptop you need to be spending in the regions of 1000 to see actual speed. My phone competes with my laptop and most times win but the smaller screen and ability to run some. Exe programs is what my laptop still has

Zee coolest flicking smartphone evah
    05-03-14 01:48 AM
    Jeez OP how slow is your laptop that your Z10 is faster to use lol?? And BB10 doesn't have all these "obvious" advantages people speak of. Things like the browser, maybe, but things I hear like the hub and flow and Miracast (lol) don't make it better than everything else.

I also don't entirely get these people saying that their BB10 powered phone has replaced their laptop. That to me sounds nuts. And then they go out and getting keyboards and mice and connecting to monitors. I don't think I could get any real work done on a phone like that. That's just me. But OP, if your Z10 makes your laptop obsolete, then it's probably still running Windows 98

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk
    05-03-14 06:47 AM
    Try the Z30, I haven't touched my PlayBook since lol
    And I barely use my laptop and it's only a year old

Posted via CB10
    jaydee5799 likes this.
    05-03-14 07:28 AM
    Jeez OP how slow is your laptop that your Z10 is faster to use lol?? And BB10 doesn't have all these "obvious" advantages people speak of. Things like the browser, maybe, but things I hear like the hub and flow and Miracast (lol) don't make it better than everything else.

I also don't entirely get these people saying that their BB10 powered phone has replaced their laptop. That to me sounds nuts. And then they go out and getting keyboards and mice and connecting to monitors. I don't think I could get any real work done on a phone like that. That's just me. But OP, if your Z10 makes your laptop obsolete, then it's probably still running Windows 98

If his laptop has a 5400RPM hard drive and 2GB RAM, I can see his Z10 being faster and more responsive in many instances. For me my Z10 has replaced my desktop Core i3 computer with SSD, hooked up to a 40" TV for many many functions. I spend way more time on my phone, using my phone over the computer. I've used an HDMI cable before but I hardly ever do now. I find my Z10 actually more convenient and faster for me when I have to do estimates for my customers involving items from different sources and I can make my calculations and send them out right on the phone without having to move from where I am and I can send them screen shots while collaborating with them. Just one example, no exaggeration here.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CyberMan2013; 05-03-14 at 08:13 AM.
    05-03-14 07:55 AM
    The OP never said obsolete. He said replaced. For me my Z10 has replaced my desktop Core i3 computer with SSD, hooked up to a 40" TV for many many functions. I spend way more time on my phone, using my phone over the computer. I've used an HDMI cable before but I hardly ever do now. I find my Z10 actually more convenient and faster for me when I have to do estimates for my customers involving items from different sources and I can make my calculations and send them out right on the phone without having to move from where I am and I can send them screen shots while collaborating with them. Just one example, no exaggeration here.

Posted via CB10
    Check the thread title

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    05-03-14 07:57 AM
    Try the Z30, I haven't touched my PlayBook since lol
    And I barely use my laptop and it's only a year old

Posted via CB10
    Putting down the Playbook for any modern smartphone is pretty easy considering the web browsing speed of that POS.
    Bbnivende, Rello, JeepBB and 3 others like this.
    05-03-14 08:09 AM
    Well I don't see the problem with the title,

Unless you're a power user when it comes to desktops and laptops. (I am one, for example)

But he did point out to one criteria: web browsing.

Its not like he's running bazillions of scripts on his browser (I know I run a lot of scripts, and for good reasons why) and he's just surfing / browsing the web.

If that's his statement, it actually does qualify in that narrowed down context.
    05-03-14 08:11 AM

My Z10 Has replaced my laptop for most of my computing needs. My laptop is almost two years old. My work issues a new laptop to staff every two years. Many folks use their phone as a primary over their computers. It's not unusual. Your reaction seems over the top.

Posted via CB10
    Andy_bb_king and Genghis2k3 like this.
    05-03-14 08:14 AM
    Check the thread title

Sent from my Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, fixed. My mistake. I did read the title though.

Posted via CB10
    ajst222 likes this.
    05-03-14 08:15 AM
    maybe it can replace some web browsing but overall that is only 25% of what i use my laptop for. the other 75% bb10 cant replace
    05-03-14 08:15 AM
    It is strange.

I have a clean 4 core Win7 PC with a wired and dedicated 8mbps dsl connection and my aging and full z10 loads Web pages faster outside my home.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 08:19 AM
    I wouldn't say it can completely take the place of my laptop. However, I do absolutely love how my Z10 functions. It's very convenient and makes my day fun. ^_^

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    Xenolock likes this.
    05-03-14 08:19 AM
    It is strange.

I have a clean 4 core Win7 PC with a wired and dedicated 8mbps dsl connection and my aging and full z10 loads Web pages faster outside my home.

Posted via CB10
    because you have slow *** dsl lol
    05-03-14 08:40 AM
    Well to be fair as a student I've typed about 4~5 (I finished the fifth on the laptop) essays on my z10. I check emails and respond on z10, I use social network on z10, the battery on my z10 last longer on a full charge and even though sadly the z10 flash isn't up to date, often I can just stream stuff still with my z10.

There are some things my pc handles better like adblock-browser and we'll scripts.. but I use my laptop less and less. Imagine a full time student touching a laptop only once a week

CyberMan2013 likes this.
    05-03-14 08:46 AM
    My z10 made my laptop almost obsolete and now my z30 makes me cringe at the thought of using my laptop, that is how good it is. Sony, Windows 8 is a complete disaster.....and when you start or try to shut down you get bombarded with stupid updates. So why not a Mac.....well they have there limitations that I can't live with, and my kids have Macs and at least once a week they need my laptop because the Mac cannot do what they are looking to get done......BB10 is a great OS, too bad no one knows but us few. The OP is 99% correct.

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan and CyberMan2013 like this.
    05-03-14 09:12 AM
    Well I don't see the problem with the title,

Unless you're a power user when it comes to desktops and laptops. (I am one, for example)

But he did point out to one criteria: web browsing.

Its not like he's running bazillions of scripts on his browser (I know I run a lot of scripts, and for good reasons why) and he's just surfing / browsing the web.

If that's his statement, it actually does qualify in that narrowed down context.
    The reason I responded with "Check the thread title" was because OP said that the Z10 makes his laptop obsolete, but someone quoted me saying that OP didn't say that.
    05-03-14 09:17 AM
    My z10 made my laptop almost obsolete and now my z30 makes me cringe at the thought of using my laptop, that is how good it is. Sony, Windows 8 is a complete disaster.....and when you start or try to shut down you get bombarded with stupid updates. So why not a Mac.....well they have there limitations that I can't live with, and my kids have Macs and at least once a week they need my laptop because the Mac cannot do what they are looking to get done......BB10 is a great OS, too bad no one knows but us few. The OP is 99% correct.

Posted via CB10
    Uh. You are doing it wrong if you are getting bombarded with updates. Seriously, I am assuming these are updates for sony programs and not the core updates of 8.1?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 09:24 AM
    I don't get how people can tell other people that their device isn't better than their laptop. It's your personal choice and opinion.

What's next your going to tell me that Ice Cream isn't better than Broccoli

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 09:26 AM

Posted via CB10
    Let me get this straight...you're saying Mac OSX is limited when you're using a mobile OS to replace your PC and make it obsolete...
    05-03-14 09:26 AM
    Let me get this straight...you're saying Mac OSX is limited when you're using a mobile OS to replace your PC and make it obsolete...
    Let me put it this way having a mac against a pc can be like having a z10 against a pc. Some things you just can't do on either

05-03-14 10:26 AM
    Let me put it this way having a mac against a pc can be like having a z10 against a pc. Some things you just can't do on either

You're comparing the abilities of Mac OSX (a full OS) to the abilities of BB10 (a mobile OS)? That just doesn't make sense.

05-03-14 10:31 AM
152 123 ...