In case anyone is interested. I'm having trouble downloading the movies, but that seems to happen often when I buy BlackBerry movies. It eventually allows me to download my purchases.

Another $.99 video sale (in the US)!!-img_20140502_193743.png

And here are my errors:

Another $.99 video sale (in the US)!!-img_20140502_161420.png

Posted via CB10 from my Z30.
    05-02-14 07:40 PM
    Thanks, I have folks to share these with!
    05-02-14 07:42 PM
    Your issues are why I don't buy them.
    05-02-14 07:42 PM
    They have extended the amount of time you can access these discounted movies. In the past 30 days or so was all you had, these are most good until January 2015.

Posted via Android Powered CrackBerry App via SNAP
    05-02-14 10:29 PM
    I've had fairly good luck downloading as long as I'm using wifi and so them one at a time. Once in a while a download will hang up but it restarts right away when I tap on the download bar. The price is so good I'll put up with a few inconveniences.
    05-02-14 10:34 PM
    I tried once. Got charged but couldn't download. Never again.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 10:58 PM
    As I am from toronto all I have to say is f*ck Brooklyn lol.

Why do the states get all the deals?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 12:42 AM
    As I am from toronto all I have to say is f*ck Brooklyn lol.

Why do the states get all the deals?

Posted via CB10
    One word...."licensing."

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    05-03-14 05:52 PM
    Why never in Canada?? How does this make any sense?
    05-03-14 07:01 PM
    Your issues are why I don't buy them.
    As annoying as the issues are, I can't get these movies anywhere else for a buck. It only seems to happen when they have a sale! They really do need to fix it....

05-04-14 02:21 PM
    I tried once. Got charged but couldn't download. Never again.

Posted via CB10
    I hope you got a refund!

05-04-14 02:21 PM
    I just purchased The Wolf of Wall Street for 99 cents. When I tried to download, it said the license was expired. I requested a refund - we will see. Very frustrating, even if I get the refund.

Posted via CB10
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    05-04-14 02:59 PM
    I've considered getting a bb10 device for a while now, but frankly, this issue with the movie purchases kind of shocks me. Comment after comment in multiple threads stating that a digital purchase was made, unable to download, message to blackberry customer service gets no response. Silence for days or weeks. How is this even possible from a major tech company? Even more shocking that people on here seem to shrug this off as a minor inconvenience but no big deal.

Blackberry needs to make customer service it's number one priority. It's a gamble to buy into the blackberry 10 experience in the first place given that it's so new compared to android and ios. How can they expect people to make that leap without any confidence in the available customer service?

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    05-04-14 03:33 PM
    I've considered getting a bb10 device for a while now, but frankly, this issue with the movie purchases kind of shocks me. Comment after comment in multiple threads stating that a digital purchase was made, unable to download, message to blackberry customer service gets no response. Silence for days or weeks. How is this even possible from a major tech company? Even more shocking that people on here seem to shrug this off as a minor inconvenience but no big deal.

Blackberry needs to make customer service it's number one priority. It's a gamble to buy into the blackberry 10 experience in the first place given that it's so new compared to android and ios. How can they expect people to make that leap without any confidence in the available customer service?

Problem is BlackBerry is using a third party to provide the content... Not sure how the system works. But the whole no choice of quality/filesize, buggy downloads that sometimes deposits more data than necessary and the copyright protection. If you have ever used iTunes or Amazon you will be disappointed.

But $.99 is fine.

05-04-14 07:02 PM
    Problem is BlackBerry is using a third party to provide the content... Not sure how the system works. But the whole no choice of quality/filesize, buggy downloads that sometimes deposits more data than necessary and the copyright protection. If you have ever used iTunes or Amazon you will be disappointed.

But $.99 is fine.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the info. I will probably still get a BB10 phone at some point. But I'll get my movies elsewhere.

05-04-14 07:26 PM
    ive also had the same issue multiple times
    it really nerve racking that they can't make a system that does not have errors
    05-04-14 07:51 PM
    If this is the experience that BBRY expects to attract and retain new users with,....

...then it really is hopeless.
    05-04-14 11:19 PM
    If this is the experience that BBRY expects to attract and retain new users with,....

...then it really is hopeless.
    Pretty much....

For BlackBerry a smartphone is about communication.

For consumers a smartphone is about being connected. Having easy to access and reasonable priced content is part of being connected.

Content is just one piece of the puzzle that BlackBerry has not gotten just right.
    05-05-14 07:48 AM