Hello i bought a z30 on eBay over 2 weeks ago now but i am still to get any physical item. I had to open a case with eBay to get the buyer to send the item but i still have nothing. I can't open a new case to get my �220 back and i have no z30.. can anyone help me please!

I'm a berry in distress

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 03:34 PM
    If you opened the case with ebay/PayPal already you will have to wait for them to go thru the process til it closes.
    05-02-14 03:36 PM
    Escalate the case or better call ebay support personally!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 03:36 PM
    Yep whatever you do, do NOT close the case until you either have a working BlackBerry or your money refunded!

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 03:38 PM
    Hello i bought a z30 on eBay over 2 weeks ago now but i am still to get any physical item. I had to open a case with eBay to get the buyer to send the item but i still have nothing. I can't open a new case to get my �220 back and i have no z30.. can anyone help me please!

I'm a berry in distress

Posted via CB10
    I would open a case with PayPal if you bought through them. They are under the gun to resolve cases since they have been accused of assisting or collaborating with some unauthorized Web and eBay purchases.

If you used a credit card, you can try opening a case with them. Credit cards often have insurance for lost/undelivered/broken items, as well as reversing charges for fraudulent or unauthorised charges.

You can also file a complaint with your state Attorney General's office (if you are in the U.S.), as well as your local Better Business Bureau.

You can also file a claims in small claims court; in some jurisdictions they will serve the complaint documents on the defendent(s)themselves.

Posted using my BlackBerry Z30.
    cantina4me likes this.
    05-02-14 03:43 PM
    I would open a case with PayPal if you bought through them. They are under the gun to resolve cases since they have been accused of assisting or collaborating with some unauthorized Web and eBay purchases.

If you used a credit card, you can try opening a case with them. Credit cards often have insurance for lost/undelivered/broken items, as well as reversing charges for fraudulent or unauthorised charges.

You can also file a complaint with your state Attorney General's office (if you are in the U.S.), as well as your local Better Business Bureau.

You can also file a claims in small claims court; in some jurisdictions they will serve the complaint documents on the defendent(s)themselves.

Or you can just take a breath, ebay will sort it out. You'll get your phone or your money. Don't panic..
    05-02-14 03:46 PM
    Note further:

It is not advisable to purchase cell phones on eBay, kijiji, Craigslist, or other auction sites since some of the items are stolen. This has particular consequences when purchasing a cell phone from unknown sellers on line since the phone's unique IMEI number will likely have been cancelled. Once a stolen phone is reactivated, it is a simple matter for the carrier's network to locate the stolen phone and notify the police.

05-02-14 03:47 PM
    If you opened the case with ebay/PayPal already you will have to wait for them to go thru the process til it closes.
    Issue is the case is already closed because he dispatched the item, so I can no longer open a new case to get a refund.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 04:00 PM
    Us CB market place instead although cb is not liable but you'll most probably get a background check on the seller from user reviews

Posted via CB10
    Mattamus likes this.
    05-02-14 04:00 PM
    Issue is the case is already closed because he dispatched the item, so I can no longer open a new case to get a refund.

Posted via CB10
    Who closed it?

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 05:06 PM

Posted via CB10
    What about the tracking number with the shipper?

05-02-14 05:09 PM
    What about the tracking number with the shipper?

Everything can be tracked/traced.

05-02-14 05:10 PM
    Everything can be tracked/traced.

The seller conveniently sent it second class instead of 1st class signed for.

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 05:12 PM
    The seller conveniently sent it second class instead of 1st class signed for.

Posted via CB10
    OK, but was there any tracking number ?(tracking doesn't always require a signature)

05-03-14 08:35 AM
    OK, but was there any tracking number ?(tracking doesn't always require a signature)

I wasn't given any tracking number.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 08:45 AM
    What's the sellers ebay id? How many positive feedbacks do they have?

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 09:19 AM
    What's the sellers ebay id? How many positive feedbacks do they have?

Posted via CB10
    There called buz3380 they have 98.6% positive feedback :/ im unlucky guy i guess

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 10:52 AM
    Never close a case until it's fully resolved because you only get one shot at it.

Posted via CB10
    05-03-14 06:54 PM
    So what your saying is i have lost my �220 and i cant do anything about it? If that's so then thats stupid because it's its basicly theft?

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 02:10 AM
    So what your saying is i have lost my �220 and i cant do anything about it? If that's so then thats stupid because it's its basicly theft?

Posted via CB10
    You can still complain to eBay, to PayPal or the credit card company, file a complaint with your attorney general's office, file a complaint with your local BBB, file a statement of claim with your small claims court, complain to your local consumer rights' organization. EBAY may be aware of a pattern of problems with this seller, and may launch an investigation.

A reputation of 98.6% is on the low end, so there are likely many other complaints lodged against the seller. Note further that many buyers are afraid to give a bad rating if the seller threatens to do the same. The dirty little secret with eBay is that eBay allows a "negotiation" of ratings to occur if one party is unhappy (usually the seller) with the other party's rating (often the buyer). The other party then has the "choice" to retract a bad rating in order to avoid themselves getting a bad eating fro the seller. In situations where the seller has a relatively low rating (below 99%), I'm always suspicious that not only are there other negative ratings, but that there may well have been a lot of fake positive ratings as well as some retracted negative ratings which mask the poor performance if the seller.

05-04-14 08:41 AM
    I once was buyin a cheese grater froms ebay as well see eh an i nows wot yous meens see eh? Sannoying is it?
    05-04-14 09:16 AM
    I have been talking to ebay over there support chat now and they were incredibly useful, i explained the situation to them and they worked on my case while i was chatting to them. They gave me a full refund on my order and made sure everything else was ok. For anyone in the future that may need help use there support live chat and talk to them the way you would like to be talked too.

I have now ordered my Z30 off amazon, it was more expensive but i know i can trust there service.

Posted via CB10
    05-04-14 01:22 PM
    I have been talking to ebay over there support chat now and they were incredibly useful, i explained the situation to them and they worked on my case while i was chatting to them. They gave me a full refund on my order and made sure everything else was ok. For anyone in the future that may need help use there support live chat and talk to them the way you would like to be talked too.

I have now ordered my Z30 off amazon, it was more expensive but i know i can trust there service.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks very much for sharing your story.... I didn't know eBay could be that helpful!

Hopefully eBay will boot that seller off, or at least force him/her to offer tracked shipping.

I had considered buying a Z30 off eBay, but with all the risks and issues regarding problems with network compatibility, I finally got a phone free by signing a two year plan with a a carrier (not for everybody).

I hope you have better luck with Amazon. It's better to pay more and get what you want.

Let us know how everything turns out!

05-05-14 05:03 PM
    Got my new Z30 today, been using it for a few hours now, It's awesome surprisingly it doesn't feel as big as it looks on first glance and as I thought the keyboard is epic. All together I'm really happy with it an I imagine I'm going to have a lot of fun of the next year or so with this device.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 12:38 PM
    Got my new Z30 today, been using it for a few hours now, It's awesome surprisingly it doesn't feel as big as it looks on first glance and as I thought the keyboard is epic. All together I'm really happy with it an I imagine I'm going to have a lot of fun of the next year or so with this device.

Posted via CB10
    Congrats! I think the Z30 is fantastic!

Now you just need accessories:

Cases: Make sure you get a good case (I have all of them). The Otterbox Commuter (I have the white/grey version) is a good choice, although several of the gel skin type cases also cover the whole edge of the phone and off good protection. I found the Otterbox Defender for the Z30 to be durable but very bulky. The BlackBerry leather holster, pocket and flip case are all good, but do not protect 100% of the edges.

Charger: The BlackBerry Premium charger is useful since it only takes one to two hours to reach full charge. Make sure you at least get a screen protector (BlackBerry makes one for the Z30).

05-07-14 03:08 PM
30 12