View Poll Results: HUB integration for ClipMan?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • please (try) to add a full HUB integration to ClipMan

5 71.43%
  • a option to automatically push every clip as a notification to the HUB would work for me

0 0%
  • I don't care, do what ever you think it may be useful

0 0%
  • integrate other new features before with a higher priority

1 14.29%
  • I would hate this feature, please don't do it or at least deactivate it by default

0 0%
  • I have never used ClipMan

1 14.29%
    I'm the developer of ClipMan, the Built for BlackBerry clipboard manager.

It works since the firmware 10.2.1 completely headless and is according to the reviews already extremely useful. No matter what you do with your BlackBerry, except gaming I guess.
    But in case you need to get access to the clipboard history you simply have to open again the app ClipMan. Here is a small spot where the whole user expirience could get imroved for a even better expirience and integration into BB10.

I just released now a update with a small step into the direction of a HUB integration. It was based on a user request and offers just the option to push a single text as a notification to the HUB.
    This gives you new possibilities like a place for notes or instructions to look at with a fast gesture while using a different app or as a simple reminder. The text is at the HUB write protected but you're still able to mark and copy what you need. Those notifications are not permanent, so don't forget to keep in ClipMan what you may need again at a later point.

I had so far a full HUB integration on schedule, but it needs thoroughly preparations to do it properly. And since I have currently a big time issue I'm not sure how long you may have to wait. I have also 2 other features (I'm personally more interested in) at my 2-do-list so I would like to let you vote now how important you may think is a HUB integration for ClipMan or not. Based on the result I will try to allot my time.

So, happy voting!
    Last edited by QtHelex; 05-02-14 at 01:07 PM.
    05-02-14 12:54 PM
    Oh, what are the two other features? I am definitely in for the hub integration, but I want to know what I am sacrificing in replacement of lol.
    05-02-14 12:56 PM
    Oh, what are the two other features? I am definitely in for the hub integration, but I want to know what I am sacrificing in replacement of lol.
    I wanted to make a secret about those new features...

But since you're now asking so nicely:
    • a customizable tag cloud including search and filter options
    • improved Turbo Reader integration including storage of the last reading position
    05-02-14 01:05 PM
    HUB integration is fine like it is now- by pressing H. But I dont want it to push every clip as a notification to the HUB!
    The hub is for messages and notification and not for this kind of stuff!!
    But I like your app and use it every day- as my draft/editor for important EMails
    05-02-14 01:14 PM
    I wanted to make a secret about those new features...

But since you're now asking so nicely:
    • a customizable tag cloud including search and filter options
    • improved Turbo Reader integration including storage of the last reading position
    I reckon bring those two features first, hub last
    05-02-14 01:15 PM
    Personally, I don't see any added value of HUB integration at this moment...

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 03:55 PM
    Another vote for other two features and HUB integration postponed

Posted via CB10
    05-02-14 04:50 PM
    I don't see the benefit of Hub integration.
    05-02-14 05:08 PM
    The more features, the merrier!
    05-03-14 11:02 AM
    Yes, i want try it.
    QtHelex likes this.
    05-03-14 11:07 AM
    Based on the feedback at the announcement thread ( http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...l#post10334654 ) I will change the Hub notifications to "ClipMan Note" and there will be a new function called "ClipMan Multinote" at the next update.
    It will combine the function to merge several selected items and the Hub notification.

Stay tuned!
    petertinh likes this.
    05-09-14 02:18 PM
    I don't think that the comments of many of the people here necessarily reflect the proposal you floated on the bbm channel.

If "hub integration " means full integration with a dedicated tab, and you can suppress notifications when a new item is added, it would add a totally new dimension to the power of ClipMan.

You've definitely got my vote!
    QtHelex likes this.
    05-14-14 10:20 PM
    I'm all in! I'd love the option to have Hub integration. I feel like it would give a deeper, better way to access my clipboard. Looking forward to it! Thanks. :-)

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    05-14-14 10:34 PM
    The latest update 2.2.8 arrived this week and I added 2 new functions for the Hub notification:

• a new function to push multiple text blocks as a notification to the Hub

• a new "push several clips combined to the Hub" function

Just tap and hold a item at the List and activate the multiselection function. After you have selected multiple items you can reach the new functions at the right.
    its Steve and bb10_fan like this.
    05-18-14 08:01 AM
    Time is sadly a extremly limited resource, so we have at the development and evolution of ClipMan currently only slow but at least steady progress.

But I've done a lot of time consuming database restructuring which will offer in the future a lot of additional and useful stuff.

With Version 2.2.9 I introduced now a feature from the "other new features" category of the voting:

ClipMan: Do you want HUB integration?-clipman-new-feature-turbo-reader.edit.png

In case the app Turbo Reader is installed you are now able to share texts from within ClipMan directly to Turbo Reader and when you pause the text and go back to ClipMan the last reading position gets now stored within ClipMan. The next time you share this text to Turbo Reader the playback of the text will continue exactly at this position.

Not useful for everyone, but users of both apps may like it.

What I have for 2.3.0 on schedule is also not the Hub integration, but maybe even more useful. Be prepared!
    Rowan M likes this.
    07-06-14 03:08 AM
    Hey, congrats for getting featured at CrackBerry with your App BaSA.

While your Battery app is maybe only for nerd education I posted over there a IMHO apt comparison with car tuning for your ClipMan app: BaSA (Battery and System Analyzer) gets updated with a bunch of fixes and enhancements | CrackBerry.com

Just like ClipMan. *****
    Highly recommendable!

While this app here is maybe only for the nerd in us the other big app by this developer is like car tuning for my BlackBerry.

- wide base tyre
    - alloy wheels
    - nitroglycerin injection
    - and generally 150% more horsepower! :-D
    I hope you agree with my small advertisement.

Can't say it often enough. Thanks a lot for creating this incredible tool. IMHO everyone should be aware of your ClipMan app.
    07-15-14 02:06 PM
    Want Hub integration

Posted via CB10
    QtHelex likes this.
    07-15-14 04:08 PM
    I hope you agree with my small advertisement.
    LOL! For sure... thanks!
    07-17-14 08:03 AM
    There appeared a small article about ClipMan at the front page of CrackBerry. Would be great if some could leave a good comment to show that there is still demand to write stuff about my small tools: http://crackberry.com/clipman-clipbo...-history-fixes

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 12:23 AM
    Wow, how did I miss this poll!

I believe I have said this a lot already, but in my opinion at least one form of Hub integration would be amazing:
    • Create an option where 'starred' entries (or for example only specific tags) get shown permanently in the Hub, in a ClipMan category.

That way would make it so simple for users to copy much used clipboard information: directly from the Hub, to whatever other apps are open / another Hub category. Removes the additional step of first opening ClipMan itself for that type of entry.

As for the time-frame, I do not really care as I intend to use BB10 for a long time so I can wait a while.
    07-21-14 05:14 PM